Homebrew [WIP][Release] HexEditor v0.1

AileenLumina

Python main, software engineer and API designer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
It would be ABSOLUTELY AWESOME if this would get a patches plugin system thing. I'll try to explain:
  • People could just make a text file with title_id, savefile path, offsets, edits and what those edits do.
  • The app scans a specific folder for those plugins and adds shortcuts to them to the start menu.
  • The app then dumps the save file of the title_id, then displays a menu where you can apply all edits the plugin provides.
  • Et voilà, save editor making made easy as heck, as well as using them. :)
Hope you get the idea. :)

Last edited by AileenLumina,

marshmallow

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
It would be ABSOLUTELY AWESOME if this would get a patches plugin system thing. I'll try to explain:
  • People could just make a text file with title_id, savefile path, offsets, edits and what those edits do.
  • The app scans a specific folder for those plugins and adds shortcuts to them to the start menu.
  • The app then dumps the save file of the title_id, then displays a menu where you can apply all edits the plugin provides.
  • Et voilà, save editor making made easy as heck, as well as using them. :)
Hope you get the idea. :)

Hello @AidanLumina,

I think I see what you mean, it's like patching a file in Unix with the patch command using a diff file. That's a good idea ! But what if the value you an to modify isn't at the same offset in two different save files ? I mean if on one save file the offset to be modified is 0x0011FF where on the other one it's 0x001201, if this case is possible, it would be harder to make a patch file.

Last edited by marshmallow,

AileenLumina

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hello @AidanLumina,

I think I see what you mean, it's like patching a file in Unix with the patch command using a diff file. That's a good idea ! But what if the value you an to modify isn't at the same offset in two different save files ? I mean if on one save file the offset to be modified is 0x0011FF where on the other one it's 0x001201, if this case is possible, it would be harder to make a patch file.
You get the idea :D

But yes, you're right. This would only make sense with files that have their information on fixed spots. For all other titles, using NTR is probably a faster and easier way to cheat. :)

marshmallow

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi guys,

I have uploaded a new version : v0.25. You can find the changelog on the first page. I haven't integrated pluggins or this kind of options yet, I have only made the editor more stable and faster.
I have generated a CIA with makerom command, however the file's size is 42MB (~5MB once compressed, I haven't included it in the attached zip file). Is it normal ? I can't test as I don't have a CFW/EmuNAND, I only have the Homebrew Launcher.

(Is there a way to edit the title of the post ?:P)

Last edited by marshmallow,
Reactions: Ewin and SLiV3R

AileenLumina

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hi guys,

I have uploaded a new version : v0.25. You can find the changelog on the first page. I haven't integrated pluggins or this kind of options yet, I have only made the editor more stable and faster.
I have generated a CIA with makerom command, however the file's size is 42MB (~5MB once compressed, I haven't included it in the attached zip file). Is it normal ? I can't test as I don't have a CFW/EmuNAND, I only have the Homebrew Launcher.

Oh dear, no one replied yet...
I can't test it, sorry, but the filesize is totally weird. :/

SLiV3R

3DS Friend Code: 0473-9069-2206
Trophies
Website
soundcloud.com
XP
Country

It's the same for many interesting homebrew projects. They fall down to the second page after a couple of hours. This subforum has certainly not been cleaned up.

On topic: Nice update. I'm looking forward to plugin/presets! :)

marshmallow

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France

It's okay, it motivates me installing a CFW:P

It's the same for many interesting homebrew projects. They fall down to the second page after a couple of hours. This subforum has certainly not been cleaned up.

On topic: Nice update. I'm looking forward to plugin/presets! :)

Thank you, the editor is more stable now, I will start working on this feature^_^

happydance

Trophies
XP
Country
wow.. I think it could be handy making minor tweaks on fan translations with combination with layerfs of ntr and not having to plug in back the sd card to the pc and test again

great job! been dreaming of a portable hexeditor for quite some time now since I don't always have the previlage to use the PC for an hexeditor

Ewin

Pika pika!
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi guys,

I can test if u want !

Reactions: marshmallow

marshmallow

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Reactions: Ewin and SLiV3R

Naked_Snake

Constant Miscreant