Hacking [WIP] PSP injection

depaul

Trophies
XP
Country
France
@Snake_Plissken I tried kurok and: no it didnt work. Very few honebrew isos even boot.

Not managed to find any others, mainly due to the emu missing vital modules.
Sadly the emulator is very limited.
Also Sony has to release the damn PSOne classics emulator for PS4! There are many PS1 titles worth releasing again for PS4 so what are they waiting for!!

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
as it's dynamic, +/- 1 would be someone playing with likes
but +/-10 I don't know. we will have to check what's triggering it, and why it's removed/set back. (I don't have time right now, I will check in few hours)

edit:
based on the +10 XP possibilities, it's maybe a thread you made being move from/to tutorial section?
other possibilities shouldn't be going down by itself (number of thread's view should only grow, etc.)

Or maybe there's a bug, but then it's not the right place to ask.
Maybe you can post here : https://gbatemp.net/threads/gain-xp-level-up-at-gbatemp.502506/

Last edited by Cyan,
Reactions: depaul

cupecups

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
i try repack loco roco 1 or 2 with same result (black screen when play) and i have follow your instructions, whats wrong ?

Trojaner

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
PS4 System is sick sometimes ... atleast what some dev´s do to get games back on the market

ffd8p3a.jpg

modded pc version or an emulated game for running on PS4 :rofl2:
Sony know the way or some Game Companies

Last edited by Trojaner,

k7ra

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Info:
psx hax /threads/reactpsplus-to-reactivate-ps-plus-games-on-ps4-5-05-by-thunder07.5486/

KiiWii

Editorial Team
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
New news coming soon.

Mysis has made some developments :)

Hi,

So, the PSP Emulator on PS4 requires the BOOT.BIN to have certain section names that it is scanning.
Most of the binaries actually do contain them AFTER decryption, but sometimes they are stripped.
Luckily the string table is still there and sony left the offsets of the section header names intact.
That means we can identify+restore them :D
Here is a script that can add those required (NPEZ00311, ULUS10567,..). If an empty entry is found, it will create a ".new" file. This will not magically make everything working, for that you still need to identify why the emulator is crashing, but you can read /dev/klog :)

I took partial elf reading code from flatz, so kudos to him

Code:
Found here: http://www.psx-place.com/threads/psp-emulation-on-ps4-early-stages-of-injecting-games-homebrew-on-discovered-psp-emulator.17830/#post-134501

Picalo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello all,
I know this thread is old but hopefully someone can help me.
I was able to order a patapon disk for the PS4 of ebay. The game is in Chinese and i am unable to change the language. At the moment I made a dump of the game and i tried to swap the iso to a usa iso in the date file. when i repackage the game and installed it on the ps4 it will not go pass the splash screen.

Any suggestion?
My thinking, if i am able to swap the Chinese iso to a English iso, then possibly Patapon 2 and 3 will work.

Picalo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey @KiiWii I know you must be working on other project but I was wondering if I can ask you some question,

1. When you was testing different PSP iso what pkg base were you using (parappa the rapper remaster pkg, or locoroco remastered pkg).

2. I have the patapon remastered pkg and I was wondering if you would know were I can find controll conf file that allows the pen signature in game.

3. Are the iso swapping region lock and if so were would you suggest to look or modify?

Thank you in advance.

Deleted member 323844

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Patapon 2 Remastered has been announced.

Of course it wont work on 5.05 and we dont even have the keys to extract it. But, at least, Japan Studio is still developing this emulator.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Your dad still got laid +1