Homebrew [WIP]PCHex++ - PCHex with its own gui

MsMidnight

part time fe modder
Trophies
Website
camilla.hostfree.pw
XP
Country
.pkm and .pk6 have some differences in length, converting them is not a straightforward task at all. You can convert them with PKHex and then inject them in the meantime.

I will post an update between tomorrow and monday (just the time to polish everything) to make import a lot easier (just throw your files on the sd and a menu will let you choose which one to import)
Looking forward to it!

rynsonick

Trophies
XP
Country
As long as you can launch an homebrew it should work (someone already tested it on 10.3 and reported it works)

This can be caused by different things:
  • the absence of the data folder into your /3ds/PCHex++ folder (it is contained into the zip)
  • the absence of the .xml file (it is also contained into the zip file)
  • you didn't select a correct game (are you sure you are selecting a X/Y/OR/AS instance from the menu?)
  • you are on emuNAND (it has some problem with emuNAND not caused by the program itself)
  • the file system fails to be initialized for some reason
Which firmware and hax are you on right now?

by any chance: did you compile the code from github or copypasted the release into your sd?

So you are saying that this could be only work if I'm using either legit cart game or .cia that installed on SYSNAND ?

Because im having this red screen too.

Btw im n3ds rxtools
Emunand 9.5
Sysnand 9.2

MsMidnight

part time fe modder
Trophies
Website
camilla.hostfree.pw
XP
Country
So you are saying that this could be only work if I'm using either legit cart game or .cia that installed on SYSNAND ?

Btw im n3ds rxtools
Emunand 9.5
Sysnand 9.2
Try getting a cubic ninja CIA and launching Ninjahax to get to the homebrew launcher and then launch PCHex++

Reactions: VaiCorinthians

Slashcash

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy

Btw im n3ds rxtools
Emunand 9.5
Sysnand 9.2

The version currently attached to the first post should work even with emuNand and nonlegit cia. But it has a bug with pokemon X and Y that makes the red screen appear (it is wip for a reason XD)

Which part of the layout seems odd to you? The bottom screen is just a debugging screen currently, i'm kinda satisfied with the top screen instead considering that this is my first project

Reactions: rynsonick

Slashcash

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
A true story: what happens when you focus on your coding skills and totally forget to develop your drawing skills?

3a9b2c9aff.png

THIS

I didn't quite managed to make a coherent looking popup menu to select a file (i plan to use the same popmenu to select species, nature, moves, abilities) so i temporarily recycled a texture.

And now i'm having an hard time with Gimp. Someone wants to help? You can do what you want as long as you stay coherent with the style of the already existing gui.

Now a PROFESSIONAL LOOKING PIC TO SHOW YOU WHAT I NEED! On a fantastic old-fashioned PIECE OF PAPER TM
open spoiler only if you are not suggestable
d1ee0185ba.jpg

Hayleia

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Tried my hand at this. Got that.
popup.png

With a preview of what it would look like on your previous screenshot (without text though).
ss+(2015-12-20+at+11.38.12) - Copie.png

Probably not the right size and all though, I just noticed your spoiler -.-

MsMidnight

part time fe modder
Trophies
Website
camilla.hostfree.pw
XP
Country
A true story: what happens when you focus on your coding skills and totally forget to develop your drawing skills?

3a9b2c9aff.png

THIS

I didn't quite managed to make a coherent looking popup menu to select a file (i plan to use the same popmenu to select species, nature, moves, abilities) so i temporarily recycled a texture.

And now i'm having an hard time with Gimp. Someone wants to help? You can do what you want as long as you stay coherent with the style of the already existing gui.

Now a PROFESSIONAL LOOKING PIC TO SHOW YOU WHAT I NEED! On a fantastic old-fashioned PIECE OF PAPER TM
open spoiler only if you are not suggestable
d1ee0185ba.jpg
So the next build may come later today ?

DDTarZan

Never getting laid again /s
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi so I'm not so good at designing things such as this but have an idea for the homebrew Icon. It's a Pokemon editor, so maybe use the Pokemon Plusle as part of the icon somehow? I suppose you could use the 2 +'s on it's cheeks as part of the design. Just an idea. ^_^

PraxxtorCruel

Trophies
XP
Country
How do you run this application? I'm running official firmware 7.2.0-14E and Emunand firmware version 10.3-28E. I am getting no option to load this application on either firmwares. I have tried unzipping the contents into the root of the sdcard and also into the 3ds folder but it has made no difference at all. Is there some sort of button combo I must press before hand? I've tried loading OMEGA Ruby first, obviously that didn't work. What am I doing wrong?

A slightly off topic question. OP mentioned to keep backups of your save files. Am I right in assuming I can just launch gateway to backup my 'cartridge save files' and next time I view my sdcard with my computer there will be a folder with my save files?

Last edited by PraxxtorCruel,

MsMidnight

part time fe modder
Trophies
Website
camilla.hostfree.pw
XP
Country
How do you run this application? I'm running official firmware 7.2.0-14E and Emunand firmware version 10.3-28E. I am getting no option to load this application on either firmwares. I have tried unzipping the contents into the root of the sdcard and also into the 3ds folder but it has made no difference at all. Is there some sort of button combo I must press before hand? I've tried loading OMEGA Ruby first, obviously that didn't work. What am I doing wrong?

A slightly off topic question. OP mentioned to keep backups of your save files. Am I right in assuming I can just launch gateway to backup my 'cartridge save files' and next time I view my sdcard with my computer there will be a folder with my save files?
Try getting a omega ruby CIA as I don't think gateway saves are editable, also this is not compatible with XY yet

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @K3Nv2, 4th what?