Homebrew [WIP]PCHex++ - PCHex with its own gui

Natethekidrs00

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The build attached to the first post creates the folder no matter what. It throws an error screen at startup if they don't get generated.

If you are using the latest build and you are getting no error screen than it means that the folder are generated. Look at the root of your sd card for a folder called "pk"

then place the files in "/pk/PCHex++/import
I dont have pk can I make the folder?

VaiCorinthians

Trophies
XP
Country
Papua New Guinea
I think that PCHex++ doesnt create sdmc:/pk/PCHex++/import folder automatically.
When I try import popup show "no content in folder"
When I try export, popup show "failed!"
(and yes, I have the latest version)

So I said to Natethekidrs00 to create the folder manually.

When I make import folder, it worked fine for me.

Natethekidrs00

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think that PCHex++ doesnt create sdmc:/pk/PCHex++/import folder automatically.
When I try import popup show "no content in folder"
When I try export, popup show "failed!"
(and yes, I have the latest version)

So I said to Natethekidrs00 to create the folder manually.

When I make import folder, it worked fine for me.
same I made the folder and it works

Gocario

GBAFail'd
Trophies
XP
Country
France

Billy1006

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
NEW VERSION AVAILABLE WITH A LOT OF EDIT FUNCTIONS ADDED! PLEASE READ THE ENTIRE POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS!

IT NOW WORKS WITH XY AND ORAS!

What is this?

It is a C++ port of the @Stracker's original PCHex. A lot of code is written from scratch although a lot of ideas are taken from there! Long story short: it is a graphical pokemon save file editor

Why?
Because the original PCHex is a good piece of software indeed. But it does need a gui and some rework. Other than that: this is a learning project for me.

What can it do right now?

The project is in its alpha stage. For now it can:
  • Clone a pokemon
  • Import and inject a .pk6 file into your savefile and export a .pk6 to your sdcard
  • Edit your pokemon with a touch based gui, more and more parameters added with every release
What will this do soon?
Features that are missing such as gender editing, species editing and form handling will come soon.

How do i use it?
Grab the zip file attached to this post, place it into your homebrew folder, launch it and select the title you want to work on. Everything will follow naturally.
The function of each button is explained on screen.

To use the import functionality you should place every needed .pk6 file in the /pk/PCHex++/import folder. It is automatically generated after first startup

The export functionality places your file in /pk/PCHex++/export

Pressing START will return to the HBL.

THANKS TO:
@Stracker for the original PCHex. It is a good piece of software and inspired me to start working on this. I felt that keeping the same name was a necessary tribute.
@Guy50570 For the awesome design ideas and the textures for the top screen gui.
@VaiCorunthians For the icon's design and intensive testing
@Gocario for his PHBank which is a goldmine of inspiration and for his advices and help
@xerpi for sf2d and sftd libraries

PLEASE NOTE:
  • If you are updating from a previous version of PCHex++ you should delete your old /3ds/PCHex++ folder before copying the new one, it will like result in a conflict if you don't do this
  • It is recommended to do a backup of your save file everytime you use PCHex++
Messy source code available here: https://github.com/Slashcash/PCHex-plusplus (you'll need ctrulib, sf2d, sftd and hbkblib to compile this project

Original PCHex available here: https://gbatemp.net/threads/pchex-homebrew-pkhex.397565/

Some screenshots to prove it does exist:
2bf1613d24.jpg
0546052b30.jpg
Could you work on a function to choose met place and egg met and met date please? And pp plus editing?

Last edited by Billy1006,

supercarotte

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Not a very important matter, but when you click on a pokeball to edit something and that makes the keyboard appear, the keyboard registers the touch too which makes all lists start with q or a. Would it be possible to delay the keyboard apparition a bit so that it doesn't register the pokeball hit ?

Also, if we could alternatively use Up & Down on the Dpad to scroll through the lists it would be nice : it's frustrating when the nature you are searching for is there on screen but you need to type the letters for it instead. Also this would solve the problem with Feint / Feint Attack.

Billy1006

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Not a very important matter, but when you click on a pokeball to edit something and that makes the keyboard appear, the keyboard registers the touch too which makes all lists start with q or a. Would it be possible to delay the keyboard apparition a bit so that it doesn't register the pokeball hit ?

Also, if we could alternatively use Up & Down on the Dpad to scroll through the lists it would be nice : it's frustrating when the nature you are searching for is there on screen but you need to type the letters for it instead. Also this would solve the problem with Feint / Feint Attack.
But i'll need it if i want to create a Pokémon not editing,i didn't want to search it in The GTS if you understand what i mean

Slashcash

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy

Yes you are right this is annoying, it will be solved in the next release, which will be a BIG one as the graphic aspect is totally been redrawn.

I can't undersrand what you are saying. Right now if you press up/down when the keyboard is on screen it goes to the next/prev element on the list. Is this what you are talking about?

Anyway every feature request done here is more or less on the todo list. Something before than other things of coursr.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Yes you are right this is annoying, it will be solved in the next release, which will be a BIG one as the graphic aspect is totally been redrawn.

I can't undersrand what you are saying. Right now if you press up/down when the keyboard is on screen it goes to the next/prev element on the list. Is this what you are talking about?

Anyway every feature request done here is more or less on the todo list. Something before than other things of coursr.
Can't wait for the upcoming release! :D

As for the second reply, I think he meant something like Right and Left to scroll the lists in like 10+ or so.
At least that's what I got from his comment. :P

supercarotte

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Can't wait for the upcoming release! :D

As for the second reply, I think he meant something like Right and Left to scroll the lists in like 10+ or so.
At least that's what I got from his comment. :P
Actually it's juste that I didn't hit Up & Down hard enough so I thought it wasn't implemented:blush:

VaiCorinthians

Trophies
XP
Country
Papua New Guinea
sorry if i was blind on the OP, but where would you place a Pk6 file on the SD?
on root of your sd card, make those folders: /pk/PCHex++/import <-put yours pk6 files here

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

(sdmc:/pk/PCHex++/import)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    Anyone dumb enough to get banned for spouting profanity deserves it.
    +1
  • Y @ YuseiFD:
    Then how come you do it and don't get banned ? or is it a question of getting caught doing it ?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    wtf is the point of banning swearing in games? that's utterly a dumb decision

the new generation playing MWII won't be as hardened as the previous one playing original MW2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What's the point of video games? Kids playing video games won't be as hardened as the previous ones getting shoved down a hillside.
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    exactly my point
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    kids, yall are fucking pussies, grow some asshair before you even dare touch My Friend Peppa Pig or Mario's Early Years
    +1
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    ddddddddddddddddddddddd
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    my fingie hurt
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    Why?
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    hangnail thing I think
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ... that's rough buddy
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    This parrot is no more it has ceased to be!
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    peepee
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Roll them little snake eyes in
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    :wacko: rolling?
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    make up his mind dude
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Go gay there I made up his mind