Status
Not open for further replies.

Hashtastrophe

Wizard
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Most people who use open source don't use the source... directly. But the very fact that it is open source causes there to be indirect benefits. If in 10 years...
I was talking more in the short term. As nice as that 4DS save reencrypter sounds I'm more than willing to bet that it would have nothing to do with ARM9 exploit specific code for a severely outdated FW, nor the code that handles firm loading. What would be useful is the source for a save editing/managing homebrew.

For that matter, just the fact that we know this can't get lost in 10 years when the developer loses interest, because it's open source, benefits everyone.
And who is to say that github won't go away in the next decade for whatever reason. What if the project source is forgotten about? Open Source doesn't mean it's going to be permanently available, let alone for ten years.

And I already have a Gateway, so I have no need to use this to pirate anything.
Not sure what that has to do with my post at all. That's like saying "Guess what? I have a car so I don't need to use a friend to get rides to places" at the end of an otherwise okay argument about the merits of having a pickup truck.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

MonkeyWithAGun

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks!!! im currently trying to read and understand all this 3ds stuff, but it confuses the heck out of me. but i'll enjoy my pokemone ruby until something good comes out or i can afford a flashcart or whatever they are

Chaldron

GBATemp's Official Attorney
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can't offer any support programming-wise as I only know a little C, but just like to say that this is very interesting project and a good break from the 100 threads on "should i buy sky3ds or gateway".

Reactions: Margen67

Lush

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I would like to get in on some of this testing.. I have OG 3ds, 2x 4.5 3ds xl, 9.2 2ds, 9.0 n3ds, gateway, and OoT... all that goodness, and can't get in the front door... any plans to port over for OoT?

2Hack

HYPiavelli
Trophies
Website
soundcloud.com
XP
Country
Canada
I think Nzaki, a man who live in the same pref in Japan, will give me Cubic Ninja.
Anyway, donation will be appreciated. (I think he should have a donation page, too.)
http://173210.github.io/
Once my O3DS comes in, or n3DS is supported, I will be sure to donate a bit :) I just want to see something working. If you don't get cubic ninja, and you feel it will help the project go by quicker, let me know, and I'll try to sort you out with one :)

Reactions: PKNess
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Ahhh 1992 I was close lol +1