ROM Hack [WIP] Ohana3DS tool

gdkchan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
how do we open ORAS map texture files inside ohana? Have them in bin format, but ohana doesnt recognize it.. and no color alpha saved with dae export? dang but o well, i can make my own alpha channels :P
I didnt implemented import for the AD files directly yet, and some models have weird alpha values, that doesnt affect the view due to the fact that alpha blending is disabled on those, but would affect the DAE since I didnt write RenderState stuff on them yet, but I should implement soon.

manpaint

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
[QUOTE="gdkchan,[/QUOTE]
You have propably read my other post but cant you say if you have plan to add grid disabling/enabling in future?

Demonslayerx8

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I didnt implemented import for the AD files directly yet, and some models have weird alpha values, that doesnt affect the view due to the fact that alpha blending is disabled on those, but would affect the DAE since I didnt write RenderState stuff on them yet, but I should implement soon.
ah ok, so AD files not implemented yet, thats fine, i can wait on that! Weird alpha value's.. how so? Well at least it'll be supported at least

edit:
also, would material data be readable/viewable also? as far as i know, the uv's in pokemon maps need to be set to repeat/mirror

edit2:
what about support for PB and PK files? Noticed a few BCH files in those packages, which looks like animation data

edit3:
final edit I hope... anyways, it looks like map/dungeon sections in ALBW doesn't show up properly all the way.. any clue as to why?

edit4:
there's a few smash3ds models that wont show up properly, and exporting as a DAE gives an error about skeleton weights or something like that.. also there might be a few models that i came across that has 2 uv layers (so far on gaur plain)

Last edited by Demonslayerx8,

gdkchan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
ah ok, so AD files not implemented yet, thats fine, i can wait on that! Weird alpha value's.. how so? Well at least it'll be supported at least

edit:
also, would material data be readable/viewable also? as far as i know, the uv's in pokemon maps need to be set to repeat/mirror

edit2:
what about support for PB and PK files? Noticed a few BCH files in those packages, which looks like animation data

edit3:
final edit I hope... anyways, it looks like map/dungeon sections in ALBW doesn't show up properly all the way.. any clue as to why?

edit4:
there's a few smash3ds models that wont show up properly, and exporting as a DAE gives an error about skeleton weights or something like that.. also there might be a few models that i came across that has 2 uv layers (so far on gaur plain)
1 - The material data is read, just not exporte as of yet. And only DAE format supports this stuff.
2 - PB files seems to contains BCHs with material animations, and PK files seems to contains BCHs with visibility animations, but I didnt looked it much. It also have some unknow data at the beggining that, judging by the names, I would say that is probably skeletal animation with a custom format.
3 - If you add file name and screenshot, THAT would help because I dont know about which file youre talking. I didnt looked any map from ALBW yet.
4 - If you are talking about the fighter models, they are on .mbn format, not .bch. BCH just contains the texture and skeleton.

bcmdl export it's broken
It doesn't have a bcmdl exporter. It only have a .cmdl exporter (that is a different thing), and it is also incomplete. CMDL is only useful if you have NintendoWare For CTR tools.

Demonslayerx8

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1 - The material data is read, just not exporte as of yet. And only DAE format supports this stuff.
2 - PB files seems to contains BCHs with material animations, and PK files seems to contains BCHs with visibility animations, but I didnt looked it much. It also have some unknow data at the beggining that, judging by the names, I would say that is probably skeletal animation with a custom format.
3 - If you add file name and screenshot, THAT would help because I dont know about which file youre talking. I didnt looked any map from ALBW yet.
4 - If you are talking about the fighter models, they are on .mbn format, not .bch. BCH just contains the texture and skeleton.

It doesn't have a bcmdl exporter. It only have a .cmdl exporter (that is a different thing), and it is also incomplete. CMDL is only useful if you have NintendoWare For CTR tools.
1 - well.. i didnt mean it like that.. i mean kinda like this in a way (smash3ds stages being remade for brawl for use)
LZVZGba.png

lWBX8QE.png
2 - ah makes sense
3 - Root/Archive/FieldLight12 > 0xF9CB5083.bch (seems to do that with every compressed map file tho, and u'd want to import the 1 that has the biggest filesize)
g48t85y.png
4 - ohh really? i didnt know that.. any chance .mbn would be added?

edit:
also.. would there be any support for .tex files? I currently have found no way of extracting textures from them yet. Also what about exporting multiple uv layers?

Last edited by Demonslayerx8,

Reisyukaku

Onii-sama~
Developer
Trophies
Website
reisyukaku.org
XP
Country
United States
OK, but anyway, I have read in Rei's twitter account that him is still working on it, that's why I got confused.
I made a release thread on PPorg for this, which i say that im working with someone (not to mention its on his git) x3
For the first version i mostly did pokemon related stuff, the second one, was mostly gdk recoding everything and me testing stuff with dev tools, so we can RE BCH better. lol.

SatoshiKura

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Will there be support for BCRES, namely the sort Fire Emblem: Awakening uses? Some of the models from that game open up just fine, mostly the weapons (apart from the Glass weapons, not sure why).

xXDungeon_CrawlerXx

Trophies
XP
Country
Really want to see a version which is able to convert bcskel and bcanim to Formats which can be edited with Autodesk 3DS Max + convert it back to bcskel and bcanim.

EDIT: Export AND Import obj + mtl would be awesome!
I'm not able to export a model yet to edit and and reimport it + working textures...

Last edited by xXDungeon_CrawlerXx,
Reactions: I pwned U!

gdkchan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
gdkchan, do you still plan to continue working on the Rebirth project?
Support for converting textures back from png would be amazing.
yea I started working on this project again some days ago, through I dont have as much free time as I had before, so progress will be slow. Check back in two or three weeks and I should have something nice to show.

Evilpape

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any chance of getting Code Name S.T.E.A.M's bch.lz format to work? They Load/Export poorly currently, UVs are all messed up and textures aren't fully loaded. Attached is the model/texture files for Henry.

also it looks like Fossil Fighters Frontiers uses a different/new kind of BCH trying to open one gives the error "BCH: Unknown BCH version r40611 / Compatibility:8, Can't relocate offsets! STOP!."

Added a model from Fossil Fighter Frontiers, the model opens fine in the old Ohana, but the textures are all messed up.

Just noticed I didn't put in the texture file for Henry...

Last edited by Evilpape,

Jonkins

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Does anyone know how I can open .ad files? The map textures are this file type and I didn't find a way yet.

Shrinefox

Persona Modder
Trophies
Website
shrinefox.com
XP
Country
United States
yea I started working on this project again some days ago, through I dont have as much free time as I had before, so progress will be slow. Check back in two or three weeks and I should have something nice to show.
Very much looking forward to PNG support! Thanks for returning to this project at such a critical time for romhacks.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3xQO7neBmy0&pp=ygUXU2hvd2VyIHNjZW5lIEhhbGYgYmFrZWQ%3D