XP
Country
United States
Duck Hunt's can:
\data\model\fighter\duckhunt\can\c00\normal.mbn

Over Samus' missle:
\data\model\fighter\samus\missile\c00\normal.mbn

It didn't work using other models over:
Villager's bowling ball: \data\model\fighter\murabito\bowlingball\c00\normal.mbn
Pac man's fire hydrant: \data\model\fighter\pacman\firehydrant\c00\normal.mbn

But no matter what I do, textures won't show up in-game when a model has been imported.
What about the Villager's side B? Can that be replaced?

gdkchan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
So I took a look at the file you sended, the "Original.bch" have 0 bytes... So I only have the modified file to work with by now. I'll see what I can do, anyway.

thatsmash4modder

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi! If you're still looking for comparison files, here's an original Luigi texture that I tested to work, and a recolour that doesn't load in game. Hope this helps!

Attachments

• luigi edit.zip
    85.6 KB · Views: 126

gdkchan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I updated the build on the first post with some changes on the texture replacer. Please someone test if it's working now.

gdkchan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I tested it, and it did the same thing. It's still making files significantly bigger than the originals too.
Of course they are bigger than the originals... People was complaining that the compression made the textures look bad, then I removed the compression.

Anyway, if someone want to be a tester to make this work, just contact me via PM. It's pointless uploading thousands of builds here waiting for someone to test (and this is actually one of the reasons of why I didn't wanted to implement it on the first place, I can test it myself). Btw asked some1 to test a modified BCH from Pokémon (the May high-poly model) with textures edited using the new method and it worked fine.

Is there a way to get the textures within a *.bch file or is it impossible at the moment?
I'm trying to use the Sm4sh model creator and I'm left with a pure white character which was kinda saddening.
You can replace the textures with the textures replacer, and that's about it. I didn't figured out yet how the game link the meshes inside the mbn with the materials inside the bch, so theres not much I can do about this atm.

Last edited by gdkchan,

Thelostrune

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
People was complaining that the compression made the textures look bad, then I removed the compression.
That was only a problem in the original Ohana3DS, but because this one never had importing until now we wouldn't know.
I don't think there was compression on the high-poly models in the old Ohana3DS, but there was absolutely that on almost all overworld models and textures.
If the compression is gone, though, then this has already surpassed the old version in terms of quality.

gdkchan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
That was only a problem in the original Ohana3DS, but because this one never had importing until now we wouldn't know.
I don't think there was compression on the high-poly models in the old Ohana3DS, but there was absolutely that on almost all overworld models and textures.
If the compression is gone, though, then this has already surpassed the old version in terms of quality.
They usually uses compressions on everything that doesn't get very close to the camera, so it's natural that they compresses the textures of the tiny overworld models.

Thelostrune

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
They usually uses compressions on everything that doesn't get very close to the camera, so it's natural that they compresses the textures of the tiny overworld models.
If you look at this which I posted in /vp/ and /vg/hbg threads, it's obvious that the program is at fault. This was made about a week ago, so I'm not sure about what's on bottom anymore.

gdkchan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
If you look at this which I posted in /vp/ and /vg/hbg threads, it's obvious that the program is at fault. This was made about a week ago, so I'm not sure about what's on bottom anymore.
The compressor isn't very good. And most etc1 compressed textures I saw on 3ds models doesn't looks very good either. And tbh it came out pretty good being the first texture compressor I ever made, at the time I had to figure out most of this stuff out of nothing since it wasn't documented pretty much anywhere, except for a few papers about the etc1 compression itself. The ctpk compression tool on the SDK have several compression qualities from etc1, with a quality X speed trade ratio. I think that the ones generated by the old Ohana3ds is like the low quality of the sdk tool.

Reactions: I pwned U!

Thelostrune

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
The compressor isn't very good. And most etc1 compressed textures I saw on 3ds models doesn't looks very good either. And tbh it came out pretty good being the first texture compressor I ever made, at the time I had to figure out most of this stuff out of nothing since it wasn't documented pretty much anywhere, except for a few papers about the etc1 compression itself. The ctpk compression tool on the SDK have several compression qualities from etc1, with a quality X speed trade ratio. I think that the ones generated by the old Ohana3ds is like the low quality of the sdk tool.
Just curious, why was this compression even needed? To me it makes no sense to compress a texture which was already in the game and working; the original textures.

gdkchan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Just curious, why was this compression even needed? To me it makes no sense to compress a texture which was already in the game and working; the original textures.
It was compressed because you used the option to import all textures from a folder... Then it will rewrite ALL textures. You could use the option to import just 1 texture (the normal Import option) and replace just the ones you needed.

gdkchan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
That still compressed things. Only on most .mm files and other things with smaller textures, though.
It will only modify textures that you tell it to modify. If you replace a texture that is compressed, it will compress it again. Without the compression the texture would be WAY bigger and wouldn't fit on the original space, and would be necessary to relocate stuff, fix offset/lengths and such, something that I started doing just on recent versions of the tool.

Cydget

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I tried the Sm4sh model creator with an edited .obj that I exported from the same character. It creates the .mbn file like it should, but there is one problem. When it creates the .mbn file the model losses its name as "marth_high_n_c00" and changes to just "model" Is there something I am doing wrong or is this a known problem?
EDIT: must be something with blender because if I import the unedited model in, it works fine.

EDIT2: What have you used as a model editor to create the .smd? I tried blender and it gave me a sort of corrupt model when I imported it back in, and then I tried 3dsmax and when I loaded the 3dsmax edited file to create the new .mbn it had the same problem blender had when I tried to load it with a .obj

Last edited by Cydget,

mariosonicds

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well cant wait when the sm4sh model creator becomes stable, I tried importing the basic monkey face from blender, imported over wily2 stage and got corrupted screen when it finished loading.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I played the intro to far cry 5, that is like some crazy Jim Jones cult shit. Still its petty...