ROM Hack [WIP] MHX Translation Patch (ENG)

dasding

OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Germany
Then get working on it if you want it that badly... https://goo.gl/If4WeG

Sorry for sounding a bit harsh. I am currently just frustrated that my game didn't arrive yet and kinda lost hope it will ever arrive -.-

Also please provide screenshots when reporting issues, because they are vital for me to fix things. The people on the team with the game are also busy.

Furthermore i am looking for someone that can provide me with some screenshots today (from a beta patch). pm me if you can help with that.

Last edited by dasding,
D

Deleted-188346

Sorry for sounding a bit harsh. I am currently just frustrated that my game didn't arrive yet and kinda lost hope it will ever arrive -.-
All good, don't worry about it! Hope your game comes soon, and you'll get to see all your work first hand.

Mavsynchroid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Trolls? You mean the person who created this thread and released the patch for you ungrateful people to complain about?
I guess he can troll if he wants to.

Didn't realize it was him who made the patch. Thought it was just some jerk telling someone to "Do it themselves". Though whether or not he made the patch, doesn't change the fact he should be more polite to people who are asking things in a kind manner. Don't really care if they're God, Zeus or the State Puff. So I take back calling him a troll and lessen it to "Be kinder". :)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Also please provide screenshots when reporting issues, because they are vital for me to fix things. The people on the team with the game are also busy.

Furthermore i am looking for someone that can provide me with some screenshots today (from a beta patch). pm me if you can help with that.

and he did exactly that! Sorry for calling you a troll. As you can read above, I didn't realize you made the patch. Glad you're the kind of guy who's actually polite. :)

Pixel Eater

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I took the hit and ordered a 9.0 n3DS. I'm just now finishing getting caught up on the CFW scene, and seem to have done a good enough job installing Homebrew, CakesFW and NTR. As it happens I own the MHX cartridge, so I like the idea of using it rather than a .cia file.

I am encountering an oddly specific error though. After NTR loads and the cartridge does show up, I boot it and the red and black Nintendo 3DS logo never stops looping. That's it, that's all that happens.

I did copy the 'mhx' and 'plugin' folders directly to the SD card root. Is that good? Any ideas what could be causing this?

Part of why using the cartridge matters to me is I want to make sure my extdata can transfer to this 3DS properly, and I think it's just a good idea with any online game to have a unique header or whatever.

Edit: Could it simple be a matter of needing emunand to be 9.9 or higher to run Monster Hunter X? Is the NTR patch actually not possible with a New 3DS?

Last edited by Pixel Eater,

ninditsu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I took the hit and ordered a 9.0 n3DS. I'm just now finishing getting caught up on the CFW scene, and seem to have done a good enough job installing Homebrew, CakesFW and NTR. As it happens I own the MHX cartridge, so I like the idea of using it rather than a .cia file.

I am encountering an oddly specific error though. After NTR loads and the cartridge does show up, I boot it and the red and black Nintendo 3DS logo never stops looping. That's it, that's all that happens.

I did copy the 'mhx' and 'plugin' folders directly to the SD card root. Is that good? Any ideas what could be causing this?

Part of why using the cartridge matters to me is I want to make sure my extdata can transfer to this 3DS properly, and I think it's just a good idea with any online game to have a unique header or whatever.

Edit: Could it simple be a matter of needing emunand to be 9.9 or higher to run Monster Hunter X? Is the NTR patch actually not possible with a New 3DS?

LOL I just finished asking this. So allow me to answer. The issue is with NTR CFW itself. It won't load the cartridge. What everyone is saying here in this thread when they refer to "retail" is not the cartridge but the raw unpatched .cia or eshop download

Pixel Eater

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The issue is with NTR CFW itself. It won't load the cartridge. What everyone is saying here in this thread when they refer to "retail" is not the cartridge but the raw unpatched .cia or eshop download
Well the more I think about it, this game must require firmware 9.9. That can't be NTR's fault when emunand won't go past 9.5. Then again I just remembered this isn't possible on an original 3DS either, on account of this game's oversize loading requirement.

Well shoot. I bet my save files aren't compatible with the eShop copy. I'll probably have to learn to roll a retail cia.

ninditsu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well the more I think about it, this game must require firmware 9.9. That can't be NTR's fault when emunand won't go past 9.5. Then again I just remembered this isn't possible on an original 3DS either, on account of this game's oversize loading requirement.

Well shoot. I bet my save files aren't compatible with the eShop copy. I'll probably have to learn to roll a retail cia.

Here are my posts on this topic.
https://gbatemp.net/threads/wip-mhx-translation-patch-eng.403613/page-36#post-5870867
https://gbatemp.net/threads/wip-mhx-translation-patch-eng.403613/page-36#post-5871370
https://gbatemp.net/threads/wip-mhx-translation-patch-eng.403613/page-36#post-5871750

You should look into SaveDataFiler to try to get your save working

Last edited by ninditsu,

Pixel Eater

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am happy to report that extdata_dump and SaveDataFiler were totally compatible in this case. I'm able to go between my 9.9 Homebrew and 9.0 CFW, including this English patch just fine!

Mavsynchroid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Was thinking, could always just make up names for the weapons we don't have translations for.. Like.. Oh, I dunno.. Mavsynchroid Lance.... Mavsynchroid Axe... Mavsynchroid Hammer.

*shrug*

Think about it.

Kibido

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
We have Kiranico and other websites with images to recognize weapons, I'd like to have them translated too but with all the info we have at our disposal on the interwebz there's nothing a 30 second search can't do.

dasding

OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Germany
Patch v7

Download

Changelog:
  • hopefully fixed the compression issue
  • some more texture translations
  • palico menu changes
  • all jewels done
  • more kitchen meals (community)
  • more weapons (community)
  • more palico stuff (community)
  • fixed most reported issues (please do a screenshot if possible, it helps much)
Sorry for being a bit late, but it's really hard to get someone to betatest things and i don't want to release blindly.

Reminder that you can contribute to the missing weapons, kitchen meals and palico equipment:

Google Sheet

Also might be of interest to you that i uploaded renders of the female armor sets and all palico armor/weapons (including dlc gear) on youtube.

Mavsynchroid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hrmmm I have the V6 prepatched CIA. If I were to delete that and install a V7 prepatched CIA (whenever it's available), will I lose my save?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/_NsOxG2zwWA?si=oK21qVNxgd98AyJT