ROM Hack [WIP] MHX Translation Patch (ENG)

Arseface_TM

Board Game Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Uploading v6 to my 3DS now. I'll comment when I boot it and have a run through my inventory/quest boards/guild card.

EDIT: Everything from before seems to be working, with a few more menus. Every patch improves it, thanks!

Last edited by Arseface_TM,

poisonousj

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone have any idea how to get 'Feroc. Seregios Scale' ? Is there some kind of Ferocious Seregios version? I can't find him at all.

007420MasterJ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I'm new to all this homebrew and cfw stuff so could someone tell me if this patch works with ninjhax? I just got my import of MHX but have no way to play it at all, I have a US n3ds and was planning on getting a copy of Cubic Ninja for ninjhax region free. I'm am fully updated to 10.3.0-28 firmware and I see ninjhax 2.5 can support this, but I am unsure if the patch can be run with it. If not I can probably pick up a ds running older fw after Christmas. Any help is greatly appreciated

poisonousj

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone have any idea how to get 'Feroc. Seregios Scale' ? Is there some kind of Ferocious Seregios version? I can't find him at all.
Nevermind, I found the quests. 'Ferocious' monsters have little glowing triangles around the monster icon in the mission description.

Skullz96x

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Eritrea
Sorry guys for leaving out the changelog last night (it was 4am for me).

So here it is:
Changelog:
  • fixed missing quest objectives
  • fixed bow charge levels
  • minor fixes here and there
  • some reported issues got fixed
  • included community translation sheets
i don't know what i expected... JOKING, thanks for your hard work, as a huge monhun fan, i salute you sir ^_^

zac122

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
can anyone point me to a guide for key quests and such? I found one thing but it wasn't accurate at all. I know this isn't really the place to ask that kind of question, but I figured one of you guys may know

Lyomak

Trophies
Website
twitch.tv
XP
Country
Colombia
Hi, I'm new to all this homebrew and cfw stuff so could someone tell me if this patch works with ninjhax? I just got my import of MHX but have no way to play it at all, I have a US n3ds and was planning on getting a copy of Cubic Ninja for ninjhax region free. I'm am fully updated to 10.3.0-28 firmware and I see ninjhax 2.5 can support this, but I am unsure if the patch can be run with it. If not I can probably pick up a ds running older fw after Christmas. Any help is greatly appreciated

As stated in previous pages, you need to wait until HANS gets updated (which will happen not too soon, maybe never). For the meantime, you can use the regionfree homebrew and play it in Japanese.

D

Deleted-188346

Not to be unthankful, but it's a shame that some of the weapon names are still in Japanese. A proper translation of the names aren't even necessary, uninspired names such as:

Boom Hammer/Bang Hammer/Kaboom Hammer/Kapow Hammer

(for that Nibelsnarf line that looks like a hand grenade) would be totally fine. If they were all translated, a proper weapons upgrade tree chart could be made.

Last edited by ,
Reactions: Drak0rex

imadeanaccountjustforthis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
A proper translation of the names aren't even necessary
I beg to differ. Even though it would require more time and effort, I would strongly prefer it if the translations were just that, translations.
Mixing the currently mostly faithful translations with thematically matching, but ultimately incorrect translations would be a questionable approach, even more so if a future patch or a future release of Monster Hunter outside of Japan would correct said "placeholder translations" and confuse people who try to follow a guide which refers to the weapons by their old names.

Drak0rex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So now that dasding has stepped down, what's next? Do we assemble a to do list of what needs translated, organize some kind of translation team, or what? Does anyone know Japanese or know someone who does?

Kibido

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
So now that dasding has stepped down, what's next? Do we assemble a to do list of what needs translated, organize some kind of translation team, or what? Does anyone know Japanese or know someone who does?

Honestly there isn't much left to translate, I'm still on v4 and the game is perfectly playable. They have done more than enough, if anybody else wants to continue the project then they will, but I don't see the point.

KirasiN

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Honestly there isn't much left to translate, I'm still on v4 and the game is perfectly playable. They have done more than enough, if anybody else wants to continue the project then they will, but I don't see the point.
Have to agree, I was on V3 till yesterday and I'm at the end game, game was playable already.

-Xin-

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Morocco
i am totally satisfied with the actual translation. @dasding did an amazing work that no one expected.
i was happy with just the menu translation and basic potion. and look at what we got now....

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1