Hacking [WIP] KARL3DS - Kernel access on N3DS via Ninjhax + Loadcode

Status
Not open for further replies.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Nah, KARL3DS is definitely better than the CFW. I found it and posted on my pastebin discussion which now transformed into PASTACFW is only a sig checked sysnand with GBAVC and DSIWARE support. Nothing like emunand, firmware spoofing, codes, ram stuff, regionfree, dumping, injecting, nothing that KARL3DS has. :P
....load up NTR while in pastacfw and you get screenshots, debugging, ram hacks, eshop access, region free, FW spoofing(i think, although FW spoofing is kinda irrelevant with cia files, as spoofing only bypasses cart updates), plugins (language selection, LayerFS)......not quite sure what your referring to with "dumping,injecting"....you mean your nand?carts?....you can use the GW launcher for those, only thing missing really is emunand and cartless launching.....but what do people really expect for free

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
....load up NTR while in pastacfw and you get screenshots, debugging, ram hacks, eshop access, region free, FW spoofing(i think, although FW spoofing is kinda irrelevant with cia files, as spoofing only bypasses cart updates), plugins (language selection, LayerFS)......not quite sure what your referring to with "dumping,injecting"....you mean your nand?carts?....you can use the GW launcher for those, only thing missing really is emunand and cartless launching.....but what do people really expect for free
Everything. (At least this crowd) :).

How many posts seen bitching about having to switch carts to run an exploit? "But I want a careless solution! Whaaaaaaaaaa!"

Psi-hate

GBATemp's Official Psi-Hater
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi anything new?
Btw piracy is wide open with pasta now will karl be fully open source as you will not be the ones who made it possible
Don't pester em', they may or may not because of Pasta. It all comes down to whether they feel like it. Also, will this also be Bootable via SPIDER? I'm not sure if anyone has said that yet. :lol:

shinyquagsire23

SALT/Sm4sh Leak Guy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi anything new?
Btw piracy is wide open with pasta now will karl be fully open source as you will not be the ones who made it possible

FIRM modification will be closed, everything else will be open. So if someone wanted to make their own CFW bases on bootstrap, that's fine, and we'll still keep ARM9 loading open.

Alkéryn

Moon Dweller ~
Trophies
XP
Country
France

Because i don't ask you to work for it to work with pasta but just to not mind if it can work
because Karl3ds(wich is the most complete emunand CFW)+Pasta for signature check would just be perfect

Reactions: Margen67

WhoAmI?

PASTA's dirty animal
Trophies
Website
lavanoid.github.io
XP
Country
Meh... I'm scared of using PASTA to be honest. Sure I have a hard mod and stuff. but I don't like the idea of it being on sysNAND - especially since it's so poorly put together (face it - the dude who released PASTA said it was 3 hours work.... You really think it'll be better quality than KARL? Nah.. Months of work > 3 hours)...

Ninjhax + Libhax = Awesome Homebrew Solution
rxTools = Free emuNAND and injection/dump/decrypt tools
KARL = ?? I guess more stability and/or features? I dunno...

I support both rxTools and KARL and I compliment their views on piracy, even if PASTA does offer it. Like Smealum said (not exact quote btw) "Just because I don't agree with piracy doesn't mean I should support it". Remember the statement that was made at the start of KARL, about ignorance and why they don't support piracy? It would be ignorant of them to go against what they believed in, despite there already being a solution for piracy...

Does it matter if KARL supports piracy or not? Not really...

atkfromabove

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Meh... I'm scared of using PASTA to be honest. Sure I have a hard mod and stuff. but I don't like the idea of it being on sysNAND - especially since it's so poorly put together (face it - the dude who released PASTA said it was 3 hours work.... You really think it'll be better quality than KARL? Nah.. Months of work > 3 hours)...

Ninjhax + Libhax = Awesome Homebrew Solution
rxTools = Free emuNAND and injection/dump/decrypt tools
KARL = ?? I guess more stability and/or features? I dunno...

I support both rxTools and KARL and I compliment their views on piracy, even if PASTA does offer it. Like Smealum said (not exact quote btw) "Just because I don't agree with piracy doesn't mean I should support it". Remember the statement that was made at the start of KARL, about ignorance and why they don't support piracy? It would be ignorant of them to go against what they believed in, despite there already being a solution for piracy...

Does it matter if KARL supports piracy or not? Not really...

I'm in the same boat. I don't trust PASTA yet because it wasn't put together with the time and testing that it should have been. I may try it when it has had a few updates and bug fixes but I would rather wait for KARL to be honest. The quality from what I have gathered will be much better than PASTA and Gateway.

Reactions: WhoAmI?

WateredFire19

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pasta:

Either have it writing to EmuNAND with 3 hours of work.

Or have more time put into it and have it write to SysNAND

Or both.

But nope.

We get neither.

Willy-Wonka-You-Get-Nothing-560x420.jpg

WhoAmI?

PASTA's dirty animal
Trophies
Website
lavanoid.github.io
XP
Country
Don't really understand all the fearmongering over sysnand. It's only an issue if you're actually installing to NAND. Most apps install to SD.

But there is a reason so somewhat fear (at least, in my opinion). I don't want to install pirated/non legit cia's where I keep all of my personal/legit stuff. I'd rather keep everything separate.

prototech

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
With all of this other crap going on, would you guys be willing to share a bit of info on what you all have been working on lately? Trust that a lot of us are still very interested in KARL.

shinyquagsire23

SALT/Sm4sh Leak Guy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
With all of this other crap going on, would you guys be willing to share a bit of info on what you all have been working on lately? Trust that a lot of us are still very interested in KARL.

Perhaps, we don't really have anything concrete to report on since what we're working on is kinda up in the air at the moment. We don't want to make a big deal out of something which might not actually happen (it only led to nonsense-spreading last time), and we'd rather not say what it is for now either because we're trying to avoid random speculation and misinformation.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Perhaps, we don't really have anything concrete to report on since what we're working on is kinda up in the air at the moment. We don't want to make a big deal out of something which might not actually happen (it only led to nonsense-spreading last time), and we'd rather not say what it is for now either because we're trying to avoid random speculation and misinformation.
time to randomly speculate on what you don't want us to randomly speculate about ;)

.....ill get us started, how about booting o3DS mode on the n3DS for latest emunand access:P

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Goku likes to flip the bean to get others healthy