Hacking [WIP] KARL3DS - Kernel access on N3DS via Ninjhax + Loadcode

Status
Not open for further replies.

GaaraPrime

Trophies
XP
Country
India
Which ever method may or may not be used to launch karl, will it be quicker to execute than load game -> enter menu -> create -> qr code -> wait?

You clearly missed the video she posted...

http://gbatemp.net/threads/wip-karl...ninjhax-loadcode.382113/page-166#post-5422579

And then a followup...

http://gbatemp.net/threads/wip-karl...ninjhax-loadcode.382113/page-169#post-5423417

I had to do some digging but I found them :P

Enjoy! :)

Edit: You will OBVIOUSLY need to use a legit entrypoint for N3DS ONCE (CN or OoT) to boot into KARL3DS and then you can hopefully install the above mset hax and then use it to boot into Karl from then on :)

Reactions: Margen67

misterb98

Moral Gateway User. Wat.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You clearly missed the video she posted...

http://gbatemp.net/threads/wip-karl...ninjhax-loadcode.382113/page-166#post-5422579

And then a followup...

http://gbatemp.net/threads/wip-karl...ninjhax-loadcode.382113/page-169#post-5423417

I had to do some digging but I found them :P

Enjoy! :)

Edit: You will OBVIOUSLY need to use a legit entrypoint for N3DS ONCE (CN or OoT) to boot into KARL3DS and then you can hopefully install the above mset hax and then use it to boot into Karl from then on :)

Here's to hoping that because of this, GW and KARL can both be on the same system at the same time. :D (CN for GW and MSET for KARL)

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I wonder...
Could something like Nintendont be possible on the 3DS?
I mean, create some sort of interpreter that can run DS titles without entering TWL_FIRM or any of the DS exclusive NAND?

Reactions: Margen67

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
shhhhh, i did tell you this the other day....guess you missed it :P

Well unfortunately I must report that v432 will brick TWL. It doesn't work on 9.2 sysnand. (even legit games crash with power off message). Updated back to TWL from 2.0 and it now works again. v1 is definitely too old for 9.2. Not sure if v1 TWL will get along with 4.x sysnand though. That I can't test since I have no plans on downgrading sysnand again. :P

WulfyStylez

SALT/Bemani Princess
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wonder...
Could something like Nintendont be possible on the 3DS?
I mean, create some sort of interpreter that can run DS titles without entering TWL_FIRM or any of the DS exclusive NAND?

Something like Nintendon't is actually already happening on the 3DS. I recently confirmed and did a bit of documentation on the 3DS' ARM7 CPU, something we previously thought was implemented in software on the ARM11. The 3DS actually has all the hardware for the DSi AND GBA on board. That means it's got 3 CPUs, up to 6 cores, and 3 GPUs. Crazy thing.

It's kinda funny - that means the GBA VC is the only virtual console to not use emulation.

Running DSi stuff outside of TWL_FIRM is kind of a crapshoot. It's better to just bear with having to boot back into your modified firmware than try and get around that. Oh, also don't downgrade TWL_FIRM. You could have some really weird stuff happen, and it won't actually do anything for you.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Well unfortunately I must report that v432 will brick TWL. It doesn't work on 9.2 sysnand. (even legit games crash with power off message). Updated back to TWL from 2.0 and it now works again. v1 is definitely too old for 9.2. Not sure if v1 TWL will get along with 4.x sysnand though. That I can't test since I have no plans on downgrading sysnand again. :P
ok just tested on 4.x (for the sake of it) and it also didnt go well

WulfyStylez

SALT/Bemani Princess
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's a funny way of spelling Yellows8.
???? what?

Also can you guys move your TWL/whitelist stuff to another thread? It's gone on for a ton of pages in this thread, and it's super off topic. I personally recommend you don't touch TWL_FIRM or risk a brick, but that's your prerogative.

mmn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Something like Nintendon't is actually already happening on the 3DS. I recently confirmed and did a bit of documentation on the 3DS' ARM7 CPU, something we previously thought was implemented in software on the ARM11. The 3DS actually has all the hardware for the DSi AND GBA on board. That means it's got 3 CPUs, up to 6 cores, and 3 GPUs. Crazy thing.

It's kinda funny - that means the GBA VC is the only virtual console to not use emulation.

Running DSi stuff outside of TWL_FIRM is kind of a crapshoot. It's better to just bear with having to boot back into your modified firmware than try and get around that. Oh, also don't downgrade TWL_FIRM. You could have some really weird stuff happen, and it won't actually do anything for you.

What! Next you'll be saying that the Wii U has an onboard n3ds

motezazer

Trophies
XP
Country
France

So, we have :
-the ARM9 core
-the two/four ARM11 cores
-the ARM7 core

-the 3DS GPU
-the DSi GPU
-the GBA GPU

Well, that's big...

EDIT : And everything on the same SoC!

Zidapi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
That's a funny way of spelling Yellows8.
Prove it.

There's no doubt that Yellows8 could have found that vulnerability already (and he may very well have), there's no way of knowing until the KARL crew makes use of the exploit.

At which point Yellows8 will document it on 3Dbrew and his GitHub if, and only if, he found it.

Until then, you have no evidence, and therefore your snarky comment is baseless speculation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9PnFJMnYT0