Not open for further replies.

WulfyStylez

SALT/Bemani Princess
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Will we be able to donate to KARL3DS?

Probably not for a while if ever. Maybe in the future once we have something for end users to use.

Got 9.6 working on Old3DS today!
Fun fact, and some of the reason I did this: It took me (one person) 10 minutes to port things over from 9.5 and get this working. From start to finish. It's unacceptable and really really embarrassing on their part that Gateway hasn't released support for old 3DS yet. There's no extra security or anything, it's the same as porting to any other update.

typ0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Probably not for a while if ever. Maybe in the future once we have something for end users to use.

Fun fact, and some of the reason I did this: It took me (one person) 10 minutes to port things over from 9.5 and get this working. From start to finish. It's unacceptable and really really embarrassing on their part that Gateway hasn't released support for old 3DS yet. There's no extra security or anything, it's the same as porting to any other update.

<Insert GW hasn't paid for "x" code here>

But seriously, keep up the great work guys. :)

lPolarisl

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
These devs aren't working together with the scene, they are only working with their inner circle jerking club and hoarding vulnerabilities. If anything this is *counter* productive

THEM MAN NIPPLES IN THE AVATAR !!!!

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP

errr you lost your nub :P.....9.6 emunand only works without circle pad..... confirmed? :unsure:

nah good work, RXtools already support 9.6 emunand too right?, but i dont think its a competition as such gateway do their thing slowly, i think everyone realizes they dont exactly hurry with their work, but i guess they probably want to get old3ds and new 3ds support out at the same time rather than confuse people or have doomsday prophets screeching on the forums

Osmosis

Accidents Happen. Don't be one of them.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

This really makes me angry. And it also makes me want to use KARL3DS instead.

Your team has done more in 3 months than GW has done in the past 3 years.

Hence my wanting to donate and make your spring break relaxing... I'd do it. I'm really eating crow about KARL3DS right now.

REALLY venting about GW and my old 3DS stuck on 9.5. Yes, Sky3DS is great, but there's that whole header thing and not wanting to lose pokeinjection. Projectpokemon is really steamed about all of this. They just got PKHeX to work, and blocked.

:glare:

Oh, and uh... need one of these?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Analog-Joys...976?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item19f84daad8

(straight from my homestate NJ!!!)

There's also a UK seller...

Artemis-kun

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It's not just that. We waited so long for gateway, and got frustrated and panicked and found some twisted hope that this would be released even before GW.

I appriciate this project, and hope it reaches it's goals, and provides a stable and strong CFW for us to use in the future, but until then, I will be using my GW. I cba to forever be in a state of waiting. It is too much. There is a reason that a lot of able devs and such buy things like gateway rather than make their own, since it simply makes no sense to put so much time a stress and work into a CFW; especially a private one for oneself.

GW CFW is competely open for those begging for piracy, and incredibly stable and easy to use for everyone else. 80CAD is really nothing compared to the easy and quickness of GW, compared to waiting for a CFW like KARL.

Don't get me wrong. I appriciate the project, and support the devs behind the scenes, but I'll be playing my GW and having fun while I wait tyvm ^_^
I'll also admit to making use of a Gateway, though in my case it's because I simply have had no other option til very recently, having opted to import due to Big N deciding us here in NA weren't cool enough to merit getting metallic blue as a colour option. I'm somewhat leery to actually use my Gateway for anything serious like the RPGs I've been missing out on, since there is the whole issue of the save file not writing until you fully exit the game, so I've mostly been playing lighter stuff in the interim. Yes, I know there's now NTR that I could use in order to play my NA carts and not have to worry about this, but NTR still doesn't offer the possibility of region changing, and personally, I don't mind waiting for something I've somewhat committed to from the beginning even if another option came along that offered everything I wanted.
Call me old fashioned, but I certainly don't hold it against anyone for choosing otherwise, just felt like adding my 2 cents.

guitarheroknight

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
This really makes me angry. And it also makes me want to use KARL3DS instead.

Your team has done more in 3 months than GW has done in the past 3 years.

Hence my wanting to donate and make your spring break relaxing... I'd do it. I'm really eating crow about KARL3DS right now.

REALLY venting about GW and my old 3DS stuck on 9.5. Yes, Sky3DS is great, but there's that whole header thing and not wanting to lose pokeinjection. Projectpokemon is really steamed about all of this. They just got PKHeX to work, and blocked.

:glare:

Oh, and uh... need one of these?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Analog-Joys...976?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item19f84daad8

(straight from my homestate NJ!!!)

There's also a UK seller...

ejWdsmk.gif

Glad to see other Jersyans on the temp B-)
But seriously why the F would you need a 9.6 emuNAND when all that you need is available online :gba:

mvmiranda

Trophies
Website
www.gamemod.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil

Unless they have some cards up their sleeves and are already working on releasing O3DS and N3DS altogether (at least I wish that be true :P)

Reactions: Margen67

Osmosis

Accidents Happen. Don't be one of them.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Glad to see other Jersyans on the temp B-)

We're just hiding... I've run into a few already. We should really have a GBATemp Con here @ Rutgers. That would be awesome. I know where we could do it for free too!

But seriously why the F would you need a 9.6 emuNAND when all that you need is available online :gba:

to moi? No idea... ???

guitarheroknight

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I'm pretty sure this was their original plan, but i'm calling it now, in the next few days they'll make an excuse post and only give old3ds emunand.
Yeah, thats most likely whats gonna happen. But you never know when they might surprise us like they did with the DG function.

tony_2018

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
LOL. I've seen idiots here on gbatemp, of course. There are plenty. But there are a lower number here than many other places I've been. Also, I've seen many respectful newbies here - people who don't know what they're doing but are respectfully asking.

They ask but the thing is they should at least try to search to see if someone else has gotten the same problem before posting. Most posts I see are repeated questions asked before. A little bit of reading does not hurt anyone and its not a waste of time.

Ichii Giki

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Edited the main post to reflect a bunch of progress that's been made recently - apparently more than a few people were under the impression that we hadn't released anything yet. Also our formal explanation for release date is there too.

Thanks for the updates and your hard work! I just noticed the removal of the "Support for 8.1J is a long-term goal." statement and wanted to post some related info for anyone that might be in that situation. I recently and successfully updated my 8.1.0-0J New 3DS to 9.2.0-20J with the help of the information in these posts:

https://gbatemp.net/threads/guide-upgrading-8-1-0-0j-to-9-2-0-20j.384960/
https://gbatemp.net/threads/guide-upgrading-8-1-0-0j-to-9-2-0-20j.384960/page-4#post-5419242

One more thing to ask, are you guys still planning to release "region changing/swapping" functionality eventually, or is that a feature that you may not implement/release in the end? Just curious as that is one of my main goals, but if we at least have access to NAND dumps/keys on the New 3DS, this could still be done manually without some automated process built in. Thanks again for all your hard work! (And I will definitely donate if you guys decide to take donations in the future!)

WulfyStylez

SALT/Bemani Princess
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the updates and your hard work! I just noticed the removal of the "Support for 8.1J is a long-term goal." statement and wanted to post some related info for anyone that might be in that situation. I recently and successfully updated my 8.1.0-0J New 3DS to 9.2.0-20J with the help of the information in these posts:

Those new methods of upgrading are the reason we removed that statement, actually. It's a lot easier to tell people to just update that way.
Region changing is still planned, but we'll need to iron out some kinks first or it won't work on the eShop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJewzRHdH8c