Hacking [WIP] KARL3DS - Kernel access on N3DS via Ninjhax + Loadcode

Status
Not open for further replies.

tony_2018

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So should I keep my New 3ds XL with 9.4U on it? Since a new exploit was discovered.

This project has nothing to do with either GW nor sky3ds. So if you can be more detail about what you are really asking than you can receive an answer.

Neru

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This project has nothing to do with either GW nor sky3ds. So if you can be more detail about what you are really asking than you can receive an answer.
Like bypassing the region free checks, wanna play some Japanese games that I bought.

ody81

Trophies
XP
Country
Soooo, GW's gonna have an update in two weeks to re-implement mset? lol

Nice find, anyway, curious, has this been possible the whole time (6.x-8.x) or is this a 9.x only deal?

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So let me get this straight. You're opening up 3DNUS, and (for a US console) Downloading 0004001000021000 Version 3078, spoofing it to at least v8204, and installing it on sysnand? On an N3DS? How does this affect wifi, since the N3DS doesn't have a physical switch?

Edit: Disclaimer: Even if I'm right, new people who might think I've just spilled the beans on something... don't even try this. Not without backups and a hard-mod. It's not my fault if you brick your system trying something stupid.

Edit2: I need to read through again. I probably jumped the gun on the N3DS bit. This is only getting the mset exploit on the old models, right? Even then, does it break NNID at all?

Dazzozo

KRAZOA PALACE
Trophies
Website
dazzozo.com
XP
Country
So let me get this straight. You're opening up 3DNUS, and (for a US console) Downloading 0004001000021000 Version 3078, spoofing it to at least v8204, and installing it on sysnand? On an N3DS? How does this affect wifi, since the N3DS doesn't have a physical switch?

Edit: Even if I'm right, new people who might think I've just spilled the beans on something... don't even try this. Not withought backups and a hard-mod. It's not my fault if you brick your system trying something stupid.

We're not spoofing anything. Nothing gets modified.

I'm not sure why you think the wireless communication switch is part of mset.

Edit2: I need to read through again. I probably jumped the gun on the N3DS bit. This is only getting the mset exploit on the old models, right? Even then, does it break NNID at all?

We're all using N3DS. Everything is going to be demonstrated on N3DS unless explicitly mentioned otherwise. NNID isn't broken, the settings are just not there because of the older mset version.

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We're not spoofing anything. Nothing gets modified.

I'm not sure why you think the wireless communication switch is part of mset.

Honestly I've never turned wifi off on my N3DS so I just now realized you do that from within the home screen. My bad.

But not spoofing the version? I was pretty certain that BBM would tell you that it is already installed, if you try installing the same or lower version, and it would simply terminate the installation. I did several complete FW revision tests like this until I found out when this method ends up black screening your system (which is 7.1 or above, by the way. And at 7.0, it will boot, but system settings won't load). Each time, It would terminate installation of things that were already installed, but continue if it didn't exist or was a newer version. I updated my DS card list and Nintendo Zone list on N3DS sysnand by spoofing the version.

Are you using something else to install it? Or Big Red Menu to delete it first?

WulfyStylez

SALT/Bemani Princess
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Honestly I've never turned wifi off on my N3DS so I just now realized you do that from within the home screen. My bad.

But not spoofing the version? I was pretty certain that BBM would tell you that it is already installed, if you try installing the same or lower version, and it would simply terminate the installation. I did several complete FW revision tests like this until I found out when this method ends up black screening your system (which is 7.1 or above, by the way. And at 7.0, it will boot, but system settings won't load). Each time, It would terminate installation of things that were already installed, but continue if it didn't exist or was a newer version. I updated my DS card list and Nintendo Zone list on N3DS sysnand by spoofing the version.

Are you using something else to install it? Or Big Red Menu to delete it first?

I busted my ass figuring out the best way to reinstall and downgrade system titles. The final solution ended up being simpler than I thought, though. There's no version spoofing. Version spoofing breaks signatures, and thus won't work on sysnand. We'll have it packaged nicely so users don't have to deal with much technical stuff and have nice UX.

mikeylevi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So with BRM would KARL install .cia's of games that came preinstalled on certain 3ds/2ds systems? ("Legit" cia, sm3dl, pokemon xy/oras, ect.) I've been wrapped up in this scene for months now and invested $160 on a 4.5 old3DS, all I want to do is play a randomized ORAS and XY without buying a gateway. (I literally own all 4 versions, this isn't about piracy.)

Tjessx

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
So with BRM would KARL install .cia's of games that came preinstalled on certain 3ds/2ds systems? ("Legit" cia, sm3dl, pokemon xy/oras, ect.) I've been wrapped up in this scene for months now and invested $160 on a 4.5 old3DS, all I want to do is play a randomized ORAS and XY without buying a gateway. (I literally own all 4 versions, this isn't about piracy.)

No, KARL won't enable that

Tjessx

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium

You have a 4.5 3DS? install it through PBT-CFW, and update your sysnand with a game card later.

mikeylevi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You have a 4.5 3DS? install it through PBT-CFW, and update your sysnand with a game card later.

That does seem pretty viable...

Would the "legit" .cia that I installed still launch on an updated firmware without any signature checks being blocked? And what would I use to update? Have to stay at 9.2 or lower.

Tjessx

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
That does seem pretty viable...

Would the "legit" .cia that I installed still launch on an updated firmware without any signature checks being blocked? And what would I use to update? Have to stay at 9.2 or lower.

Yes it would stay legit,
Look up the version of the games, pick the highest one (unless it is higher then 9.2) but normally no game should be higher then that.
Also, before you do that, create a Nand backup with the gateway launcher.
Just a warning: Downloading games that you don't own is illegal, in most countries downloading games that you do own is illegal too, not saying that you shouldn't but I do say that you are responsible for you deeds, and if you already own the games (and only 4) then i should just use those game cards.

guitarheroknight

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Soooo, GW's gonna have an update in two weeks to re-implement mset? lol

Nice find, anyway, curious, has this been possible the whole time (6.x-8.x) or is this a 9.x only deal?
You fail to realize that an entry point/exploit is being worked on since November of 2014. They might be the first ones to publicly announced the MSET comeback but I wouldn't bet a single penny they were the first ones to actually discover how this is done. In the end GW's probably gonna release an update involving MSET before KARL even sees the light of day only to be called thieves... Why? Because by your logic of someone went public with a discovery that would mean they're the first to discover this and everybody else is just a copycat. People should be more sceptical about stuff :rolleyes:

Oishikatta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You fail to realize that an entry point/exploit is being worked on since November of 2014. They might be the first ones to publicly announced the MSET comeback but I wouldn't bet a single penny they were the first ones to actually discover how this is done. In the end GW's probably gonna release an update involving MSET before KARL even sees the light of day only to be called thieves... Why? Because by your logic of someone went public with a discovery that would mean they're the first to discover this and everybody else is just a copycat. People should be more sceptical about stuff :rolleyes:

Gateway won't be called thieves, people will assume KARL sold them the exploit.

mikeylevi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Either way it doesn't matter, they're the ones who did all the reverse engineering. If they wanna sell their exploits, let them lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I really don't want to buy this fap tab...