Status
Not open for further replies.

shinyquagsire23

SALT/Sm4sh Leak Guy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, you're are half-right upon that statement. I'm planning on having a Loadiine Channel, as well as a few other channels. Most likely will be installed during the Setup. Using a form of WUPInstaller that is. But, yes SDCafiine, Saviine, Loadiine, and a few others will be either integrated or externally launched.
For what it's worth, woomïnstaller is a thing if you need an FST+.app installer for CDN stuff. My original version is pretty much complete but the GX2 version is largely missing features/graphics. WUPInstaller is hardly usable and doesn't even let you multitask while installing. As long as you don't fork+rebrand I'm pretty OK with it being used anywhere. For any other installable apps, RPX and WUT is where you want to look.

https://github.com/shinyquagsire23/woominstaller

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why are you trying to smack me in the face with bull shit from two years ago. Is there something wrong with my age, because I personally know other homebrewers and hackers in real life, whom are the same age.
Ever hear the story of the boy who cried wolf? Apply that here; to everything that you have done thus far.

Nothing wrong with your age at all. I was 8 years old when I wrote my first line of basic code on a Commodore Vic 20. In the days of the Commodore 64, my elder brother subscribed to Gazette magazine and bought programming books. I read them. I typed out the code for entire games, learning in the process. When I was 16/17 I was transposing sheet music into Commodore 128 basic myself (using all 3 voices of the SID chip), from scratch. Never did get deep enough to figure out using the system beep as a 4th voice as some advanced programmers of that day did, but I was damn proud of what I could do.

Backtrack to around 10 or so, and I was hacking (read: cheating) in games by starting them, creating a save game, then using a sector editor to give myself stuff and boost stats.

The only problem here is that you keep doing the same thing over and over. You have wild ideas about what you want to do, but you seem to have no clue how to do it. You never deliver. You want respect? Write something original and don't say anything about it until you release it. What most people begin with, before they truly learn enough to get started on their own projects, is a GUI to make using a CLI based tool easier for people to use.

Last edited by urherenow,

Dr.Hacknik

Ashley | Developer | Trans
OP
Trophies
Website
dochacknik.keybase.pub
XP
Country
United States
Ever hear the story of the boy who cried wolf? Apply that here; to everything that you have done thus far.

Nothing wrong with your age at all. I was 8 years old when I wrote my first line of basic code on a Commodore Vic 20. In the days of the Commodore 64, my elder brother subscribed to Gazette magazine and bought programming books. I read them. I typed out the code for entire games, learning in the process. When I was 16/17 I was transposing sheet music into Commodore 128 basic myself (using all 3 voices of the SID chip), from scratch. Never did get deep enough to figure out using the system beep as a 4th voice as some advanced programmers of that day did, but I was damn proud of what I could do.

Backtrack to around 10 or so, and I was hacking (read: cheating) in games by starting them, creating a save game, then using a sector editor to give myself stuff and boost stats.

The only problem here is that you keep doing the same thing over and over. You have wild ideas about what you want to do, but you seem to have no clue how to do it. You never deliver. You want respect? Write something original and don't say anything about it until you release it. What most people begin with, before they truly learn enough to get started on their own projects, is a GUI to make using a CLI based tool easier for people to use.
I'm impressed by your statements. I appreciate you giving me advice rather than bashing me; I may be naive, and somewhat foolish. Yet, I want to grow as a developer. I thank you for your advice, and I will not make those mistakes any longer. From now on, If I do have a project; I'll keep it quiet tell I have a (at least) somewhat finished project.

Brawl345

Trophies
Website
wiidatabase.de
XP
Country
Germany
Giving ETA's is error #1 in the software world. Never give any ETA's - everyone should've learnt this from Hykem :P Why don't you just take your time and release it, when it's ready? Plus the other things that the others have already said...

Reactions: Shadowfied

Dr.Hacknik

OP
Trophies
Website
dochacknik.keybase.pub
XP
Country
United States
Giving ETA's is error #1 in the software world. Never give any ETA's - everyone should've learnt this from Hykem :P Why don't you just take your time and release it, when it's ready? Plus the other things that the others have already said...
ETA; well, it's more as a deadline rather than a ETA. I want to have it ready by then, but it can be a late Christmas present.

DeslotlCL

GBAtemp's scalie trash
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ETA; well, it's more as a deadline rather than a ETA. I want to have it ready by then, but it can be a late Christmas present.
You lost me with this.

Then it will be released on januray(TM) because you will be sure about that. But then you will move it to february(TM) and finally you will apologise because you got raided by the nintendo(TM) ninjas(TM).

I will give you the benefit of the doubt and i don't know why, maybe because everyone deserves de chance to proves what they are saying/working on is true.

Reactions: Brawl345

Dr.Hacknik

OP
Trophies
Website
dochacknik.keybase.pub
XP
Country
United States
You lost me with this.

Then it will be released on januray(TM) because you will be sure about that. But then you will move it to february(TM) and finally you will apologise because you got raided by the nintendo(TM) ninjas(TM).

I will give you the benefit of the doubt and i don't know why, maybe because everyone deserves de chance to proves what they are saying/working on is true.
Soon(TM) .... In all seriousness I am actually currently working on getting all the menu's, config, etc setup. So, I can start integrating other homebrew and working on other features.

Nopadet

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm impressed by your statements. I appreciate you giving me advice rather than bashing me; I may be naive, and somewhat foolish. Yet, I want to grow as a developer. I thank you for your advice, and I will not make those mistakes any longer. From now on, If I do have a project; I'll keep it quiet tell I have a (at least) somewhat finished project.

I'm not sure who else is here (likely some), but I'm a professional developer in that it's my day job and I get paid for it. I started off a lot like you. Hold on to your hopes and keep trying to grow. If you learn enough doing things like this you can technically skip college (though go if it's attainable without mountains of student loans) and get a job paying really good money and also take on side projects for even more money.

But it takes more than a github fork with little done to it. Write the actual code, figure out what's going on with it, manage the project, and it's important here - manage expectations. Your own and others'.

Last edited by Nopadet,

Dr.Hacknik

OP
Trophies
Website
dochacknik.keybase.pub
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure who else is here (likely some), but I'm a professional developer in that it's my day job and I get paid for it. I started off a lot like you. Hold on to your hopes and keep trying to grow. If you learn enough doing things like this you can technically skip college (though go if it's attainable without mountains of student loans) and get a job paying really good money and also take on side projects for even more money.

But it takes more than a github fork with little done to it. Write the actual code, figure out what's going on with it, manage the project, and it's important here - manage expectations. Your own and others'.
I really appreciate everyone's advice! You're very right on that; I've been getting better every year. I started programming back in 2012, so you can do the math. I plan on going to a technical college for two years then transfer to Clemson University. Which has the best Technical classes in the state.

dojafoja

life elevated
Trophies
XP
Country
What most people begin with, before they truly learn enough to get started on their own projects, is a GUI to make using a CLI based tool easier for people to use.
Writing GUIs is pretty much how I taught myself Python. I actually started by writing CLI scripts that were basically math and memory games for my younger kids, scripts to tell the time converted from 24 hour format to 12 hour format etc. Writing GUIs, Either for my own or others' work, is what I really enjoy doing. I think this is solid advice for anyone looking to jump into programming, after you've learned the basics of course, start writing GUIs for others' CLI scripts. For me it needs to be fun or I lose interest rather quickly which is why I have dozens of unfinished projects lying around. :P

pietempgba

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For what it's worth, woomïnstaller is a thing if you need an FST+.app installer for CDN stuff. My original version is pretty much complete but the GX2 version is largely missing features/graphics. WUPInstaller is hardly usable and doesn't even let you multitask while installing. As long as you don't fork+rebrand I'm pretty OK with it being used anywhere. For any other installable apps, RPX and WUT is where you want to look.

https://github.com/shinyquagsire23/woominstaller
is this pretty much the same as wupinstaller but with a actual gui?

Zerok1ller

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Writing GUIs is pretty much how I taught myself Python. I actually started by writing CLI scripts that were basically math and memory games for my younger kids, scripts to tell the time converted from 24 hour format to 12 hour format etc. Writing GUIs, Either for my own or others' work, is what I really enjoy doing. I think this is solid advice for anyone looking to jump into programming, after you've learned the basics of course, start writing GUIs for others' CLI scripts. For me it needs to be fun or I lose interest rather quickly which is why I have dozens of unfinished projects lying around. :P

am actually trying to get into programming.. my job will be for like 90% of it which is good.. I love everything about programming and I try to do stuff myself but I get nowhere lol.. so right now am trying to learned my third lang until school starts :grog:

MartinDocNewland

Searching for the truth
Trophies
XP
Country

Speaking of "projects" what happened to USB Scripts? Been waiting 2 years for that to be finished

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over