PSP cfw not opening or even viewing ISO Files.

HarveyFyffe

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hello!
Recently, I have tried to install a cfw on my psp with a broken UMD Drive. The cfw I used was Infinity 2, and it successfully installed (System Software: Version 6.60∞). I tried to download ISOs and put them in a custom ISO folder- Path 32GB Volume>ISO. I know that the cfw works because i can use eboot.pbp/homebrew applications with the occasional error of corrupted files. The ISO's don't read whatsoever.
I don't think I am doing anything wrong but if I am, please tell me.
Thank you for any help whatsoever,
Harvey Fyffe

reha

Long Live the Machine
Trophies
Website
reha.zc.al
XP
Country
Turkey
Hi there.

It would be better if you don't post the same thing twice in the future :)
About your issue, make sure your legally obtained ISOs are in the right extension, you probably forgot to extract the ISO from the .rar/.zip/.7z file. Extract it using 7-Zip or WinRar, then a file with the .iso or .cso extension should appear. Put it to the X:/ISO (X is your PSP's drive letter), make sure the folder is named "ISO" and not "iso" or anything else. It must be uppercased.

If this doesn't work for you then I assume there's something wrong with the Memory Stick's filesystem, format it using Settings->System Settings->Format Memory Stick option on PSP. Then try to put your ISOs to the correct location.

Latiodile

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
with the occasional error of corrupted files.
unless the homebrew itself is corrupted, it shouldn't be saying corrupted files and should launch fine

some homebrew is signed and can run without CFW so maybe something's scuffed and you only have infinity but not an actual CFW like pro
does a VSH menu show up if you press select on the XMB? pretty much every CFW nowadays has one

Reactions: ILuvGames

ILuvGames

The Avatar-less One
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Other than the possibility of a bad or corrupted memory stick, did you have CFW installed on your PSP before installing infinity 2? If not, did you put the recommended CFW folder and files in the right place on your memory card so Infinity 2 could access and enable the use of them after? If you did neither, then that could be an issue too as I noticed you mention that it showed (System Software: Version 6.60 ∞) when it should have showed your CFW version with the '∞' symbol next to it to show that it was enabled instead. I've not used it myself but I have hacked 2 PSP fat's in my time so I guess that the following might help you if your memory card is still good and it's just that Infinity 2 has not been set up properly. Maybe you missed what this guide covers in step 5 onwards?

https://hackinformer.com/PlayStationGuide/PSP/tutorials/how_to_install_661_infinity.html

Last edited by ILuvGames,

HarveyFyffe

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there.

It would be better if you don't post the same thing twice in the future :)
About your issue, make sure your legally obtained ISOs are in the right extension, you probably forgot to extract the ISO from the .rar/.zip/.7z file. Extract it using 7-Zip or WinRar, then a file with the .iso or .cso extension should appear. Put it to the X:/ISO (X is your PSP's drive letter), make sure the folder is named "ISO" and not "iso" or anything else. It must be uppercased.

If this doesn't work for you then I assume there's something wrong with the Memory Stick's filesystem, format it using Settings->System Settings->Format Memory Stick option on PSP. Then try to put your ISOs to the correct location.
I tried that, and for some reason it still doesn't work. I tried step 5 onwards and it now works.
Thank you so much for your help.

Last edited by HarveyFyffe,
Reactions: reha and ILuvGames

ILuvGames

The Avatar-less One
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I tried that, and for some reason it still doesn't work.
I couldn't see your reply, so please refresh this page as I edited my post.
Post automatically merged:

I tried that, and for some reason it still doesn't work. I tried step 5 onwards and it now works.
Thank you so much for your help.
I'm glad you got it working now.

Last edited by ILuvGames,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's a shame some people's cake always resort to the same taste