SylvanodelaVega

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello everyone,

Didn't find the answer on the internet, I'm trying here.

I'm playing on a PSP-2004, CFW 6.61 LME-2.3∞ (infinity), language : French. I've dowloaded Wild Arms USA EBOOT @ CD ROMANCE

I installed it normally : \PSP\GAME\WILD ARMS - NPUI94608\EBOOT.PBP (I installed many other games, I'm playing Galerians USA right now with no issue)

After 3 to 4 hours of gameplay, after the Adlehyde invasion, the fight with Belselk and during the King's funeral "in-game cinematic", just before the 4 kids are coming up to Jack & Rudy with a red ball/balloon, I've got a 100% crash/freeze

I can't send an error since it's just a freeze/crash, so I have to hard reboot my PSP (with the ON/OFF button on the right side). I found a similar problem @NGEMU, but I don't think it has something to do with the BIOS in the PSP

How can you guys help ? Do you need my saved games ? Do I need to install something on my PSP to know the exact error ?

Thanks a lot !

Nikokaro

Lost philosopher... searching for a way out...
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Very strange. It is an official PSN eboot, so it should work out of the box, without issues. Did you happen to increase the loading speed of the game in the options menu? If you haven't, try it to see if it changes anything.
These errors often occur when Pops' internal settings are not appropriate for that title.
Otherwise try using another older version of the internal emulator via Popsloader.

benone

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello!

You could try to download a PS1 rom of Wild Arms and use PSX2PSP_v.1.4.2 or your computer to turn your PS1 iso into a bootable file for PSP.

Don't forget to backup your saved game on your computer!

Then, try to match your new file for PSP with your previously saved game.
Good luck!

P.S. Je parle aussi français comme langue principale, si tu as besoin de soutien en français.

SylvanodelaVega

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
@Nikokaro : thanks for your answer
  • yes official eboot it seems (NPUI94608, same as on the PSN according to GAMEFAQS)
  • I tried "Normal" and "Fast" for the loading speed, in the official "HOME" submenu of the PSP : no changes
  • About "Popsloader", as I mentioned, it is a straight eboot to the PSP, no complex manipulations, just downloaded from CDROMANCE, then drag&droped the eboot on my \PSP\GAME\ folder, as I do with other games with no problem at all (I'm currently at DISK 3 on GALERIANS, same method)
@benone : merci pour la réponse
  • Yes it seems to be on of my last resort, but I don't know if the saves will match. It's not the first time this happens to me, I think I already tried this method in the past. It must be the 6/7th time I'm starting over again Wild Arms. Otherwise, I'll download it officially from the PSN for PS5. I'll keep you posted
If anyone wants my savefile to test, I'll attach to this post later (right now, I can't even post url links on this forum)

Nikokaro

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
About "Popsloader", as I mentioned, it is a straight eboot to the PSP, no complex manipulations, just downloaded from CDROMANCE, then drag&droped the eboot on my \PSP\GAME\
Even though it is an official title (not converted with psx2psp), it does not mean that it works smoothly with Pops until the end.
Trying an earlier version of Pops costs nothing. If you don't have Popsloader you can find it on that same site:
*modsnip*

Last edited by DinohScene,

SylvanodelaVega

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
@Nikokaro : thanks for your feedback, but I'm not sure we understand each other : I'm not using Pops/Popsloader in any sort on my PSP. I just downloaded and installed the 6.61 LME-2.3∞ CFW, and downloaded and installed all of my PSP/PS1 games on the \ISO\ or \PSP\GAME\ folder depending on the game. That's it, no other homebrew or software, and 99% of my games are played from A to Z, even UNDUBs or "enhanced" or translated games from CDROMANCE. Except WILD ARMS 😅

@Nikokaro & @benone : still waiting for my new Micro USB cable to transfer you my saves on this topic, so you can test for yourself. You will have to fight Belselk, win, then wait for the in-game cutscene of the King's Funeral.
  • If you're seeing the kid with the red balloon, then I have a problem on my side
  • If you're not seeing the kid with the red balloon, then it's the original WILD ARMS, or the ROM, or the EBOOT that has an issue
*modsnip*

Thanks guys !

Last edited by DinohScene,
Reactions: Nikokaro

SylvanodelaVega

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
@DinohScene : hello there, you deleted 98% of our long posts/explanation, which took some time to wrote, for 2% of "links" (links I can't post BTW since I've less than 5 messages). Much appreciated if you can repost our explanation without the links

Nikokaro

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
thanks for your feedback, but I'm not sure we understand each other : I'm not using Pops/Popsloader in any sort on my PSP...
Don't worry, I understood you very well from the very beginning. I was advising you to install Popsloader and try older versions of Pops, to be able to get past the point where you are stuck. Have you never used it? All the more reason to try it and check its usefulness. Too lazy to do it: your loss. 😉

still waiting for my new Micro USB cable to transfer you my saves on this topic, so you can test for yourself.
I lack the time for this, but I will gladly leave the burden to the other user mentioned. 🤭

SylvanodelaVega

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
  • @DinohScene : thanks
  • @Nikokaro : OK
  • @benone : So I tried the PSX2PSP_v.1.4.2 method. I converted Wild Arms from the PSX bin/cue (still from CDROMANCE) to eboot. I retrieved my save, I fought the boss, I waited for the cutscene, and this time, it crashes around 40 seconds before the initial crash 😥 It's even worse
For those who have the courage to try it out, you can find my save attached.

1) Download the USA eboot from CDROMANCE
2) Download my save from this post
3) Transfer the eboot to your PSP : \PSP\GAME\SCUS94608
4) Transfert the savegame to your PSP : \PSP\SAVEDATA\SCUS94608
5) Launch Wild Arms from your PSP
6) Load my save (only 1 savefile on Memory Card 1)
7) Go out on the right, fight Belselk in the center of the village, and win the fight
8) Wait for the blonde hair cutting cutscene, then the death of the king, then its funeral

Thanks !

Attachments

• SCUS94608.zip
    20 KB · Views: 26

benone

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello!
So, I decided to give a test! I use a PSP-2001 with PRO-C2 6.60 custom firmware.

First, the folder name of the eboot you mentionned is named "NPUI94608" instead of "SCUS94608". Sadly, the eboot won't launch. It happened to me with an eboot of Saiyuki: Journey West.

Anyway, it was not a problem since I did what I suggested you to do, to use the PS1 iso and use PSX2PSP to my a new eboot.

I managed to get past the boss, death and funeral + credits.
So I could save the game after those scenes! So at least you can pursue your adventure from there.
I attached the savegame to this message!

Wow I only played Wild ARMs 2, but playing this one really gave me goose bumps, with the music, it's really a game I want to play now! I always liked Wild ARMs music but magic happened I guess..!

Tell me what happens on your side...
If there's a crash further, you could backup your save games and format your memory stick? Then try again? Or maybe there's something with the transfer that corrupted your eboot file? Hm...

Attachments

• SCUS94608-aftercredits.zip
    23.4 KB · Views: 22
Last edited by benone,

SylvanodelaVega

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
@benone : many thanks for your complete feedback !
  • Yes there are quite differences between your test and mine :
    • PSP-2004 vs PSP-2001
    • 6.61 LME-2.3∞ vs 6.60 PRO-C2
    • Wild Arms official EBOOT vs Wild Arms unofficial psx2psp eboot convert
  • About the save name : you're right, but let me explain : when you download the official eboot on CDROMANCE, the folder name is "NPUI94608". Start a brand new game, without a previous save. Then go to your \SAVEDATA folder, and you will see that the corresponding save folder will be "\SCUS94608" and not "\NPUI94608" as everyone would guess. But it's working as it is, on my side anyway, I don't have any "\NPUI94608" savestate folder created, and it's working great. I don't understand why it's not working on your side though
  • Man you fought Belselk and won without having even played one Wild Arms 1 ?! Chapeau mon ami, chapeau ! And many thanks for your savefile !
  • Man, the Michiko Naruke score, associated with a sad and emotionnal scene like the King's Funeral (even if we don't see him much before), no wonder why you had goosebumps ! Michiko Naruke score + 90's Anime opening + Nostalgia are the principal factor why I've relaunched the game. The Wild Arms 1 ost is precious my friend, deep, even with the castle music, you can hear different level of instruments and harmonies, quite perfect ! She worked on almost every Wild Arms games (except 5 and XF it seems)
  • Before formatting my console and test like you in 6.60 PRO-C2, I tried to redownload the eboot one more time from CDROMANCE, unzip it and drop it on my PSP as clean as it can be : believe it or not, it's working perfectly now ! 😂It seems that is was only a transfer problem, since I didn't change anything. But it doesn't explain the fact that I had quite the same issue with the PSX2PSP eboot one
    • Note : I read many times on forums that PRO-C2 isn't working well with PS1 eboots. Apparently, Wild Arms is working well on your side with PRO-C2
I'll keep advancing in the game and keep you posted !

Note : in the meantime, I finished "Galerians" (without any technical issue) : please do not play this game 😂 It is a 4-year-late Resident Evil mediocre clone, with heavy and unappealing gameplay (constantly raising AP factor, worst design ever), weird characters design and weird game design and aweful maps or angles, and so-bad-it's-funny english dub. Just play it out of curiosity, if you wanted to play this game as a teenager (like me), or if you really really really like survivor horrors genre (this one is much more like an old school adventure point and click game). Next I'm checking "The Legend of Dragoon" undub ++

Last edited by SylvanodelaVega,
  • Wow
Reactions: benone and Nikokaro

benone

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Salut!
I'm glad you managed to make the game work once and for all! This game is just great!

I think you should keep your current custom firmware. I use PRO-C2 6.60 because I'm used to it. LME infinity does a great job, I'm pretty sure of this. Also, I only use it as a temporary custom firmware, it's very easy to use that way, for me.

You helped me remember that I also played and finished Galerians. Not the best game I've played, I don't have so much memories of this one except that you need some kind of drug to not die. You always need to use it...

I'm more on Saiyuki: Journey West. Quite light-hearted most of the time. I like it. I also play with the television output, it's very fun because it gives a feeling of playing on a Playstation.

Well, enjoy your play and let's keep in touch!

Last edited by benone,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BunnyPinkie @ BunnyPinkie: i put in my birth year as 2000 instead of 2008 because i was sleep deprived as FUCK and had...