Huge slowdown/freezing when playing Dragon Ball Z: Tenkaichi Tag Team on Adrenaline

Windows_10_User

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I have a slowness issue when playing the european Dragon Ball Z: Tenkaichi Tag Team ISO on Adrenaline in the PS Vita and the PS TV.

I only have it (at least for now, since I'm playing Dragon Walker from the start) in the #17 and #18 Awakened! level when Android 18 approaches Krillin to kiss him after defeating it and Android 17 with Vegeta.

Even though the game freezes, she keeps moving. Maybe if one waits even more she stops and the game proceeds. Perhaps this isn't technically called freezing, but a huge slowness issue.

I use a microSD card in the PS Vita and another one in the PS TV with SD2VITAs 5.0 and after using different microSD cards and SD2VITAs 5.0 in both of them I still have this issue. Also, I formatted all of them in the PC, tried downloading the game from different sites, tried no PS Vita and PSP plugins installed and tried different UMD ISO MODEs and I still have this issue.

EDIT: I set "CPU CLOCK XMB" and "CPU CLOCK GAME" to "333/166" in both PS Vita and PS TV and although Android 18 still slows down, it's slows down less and it doesn't freeze. Also, won't these new settings wear the PS Vita's battery faster although decrease loading times? I guess I'll reinstall the previous plugins since I have this issue anyway.

EDIT 2: So, this time I removed some plugins and although Android 18 no longer freezes while moving and has the same speed if setting "CPU CLOCK XMB" and "CPU CLOCK GAME" to "Default" in both cases, it's still slower than my PSP, so is it possible Adrenaline is just slower than the PSP in this scene and nothing can be done about it?

Here's my PS Vita's plugin configuration:

# This file is used as an alternative if ux0:tai/config.txt is not found.
# For users plugins, you must refresh taiHEN from HENkaku Settings for
# changes to take place.
# For kernel plugins, you must reboot for changes to take place.
*KERNEL
ur0:tai/0syscall6.skprx
ur0:tai/nonpdrm.skprx
ux0:app/PSPEMUCFW/sce_module/adrenaline_kernel.skprx
ur0:tai/noavls.skprx
ur0:tai/nosleep.skprx
ur0:tai/reAuth.skprx
ur0:tai/staybright.skprx
# henkaku.skprx is hard-coded to load and is not listed here
*main
# main is a special titleid for SceShell
ur0:tai/henkaku.suprx
ur0:tai/nolockscreen.suprx
ur0:tai/shellbat.suprx
*NPXS10015
# this is for modifying the version string
*NPXS10016
# this is for modifying the version string in settings widget

Here's my PS TV's plugin configuration:

# changes to take place.
*KERNEL
ur0:tai/nonpdrm.skprx
ux0:app/PSPEMUCFW/sce_module/adrenaline_kernel.skprx
*main
*NPXS10015
*NPXS10016

I find it odd that I'm not having the previous issue (even though it wasn't entirely fixed) when I'm sure I previously tried with no plugins installed.

EDIT 3: I don't have the previous slowness/freezing issue in ARK-4 but unfortunately it doesn't always work since after installing it via the new FasterARK method, ARK-4 sometimes freezes in the "ChovySign" part with a C1-2858-3 error message, and when running PSP ISOs, it sometimes has a black screen for some seconds until it crashes with a C1-2858-3 error message.

EDIT 4: After reinstalling ARK-4 via the FasterARK method, I only have the previous issue if ARK-4's "Memory Stick Speedup" is set to "Always". I'll set it to "Disabled" and remove Adrenaline and its plugin installed via AutoPlugin II. This new FasterARK method unlike the previous FastARK one doesn't install the Sasuke vs. Commander game if no PSN game/demo is installed and doesn't require a PSN game/demo (like Ape Quest's demo) to be installed before being run as well.

EDIT 5: After making a clean ARK-4 install in my PS Vita and PS TV via the FasterARK method and running VitaShell, I have a C2-12828-1 error message. If clicking "OK", the PS Vita and the PS TV freeze with a black screen. If I access Safe Mode to restart them or rebuild their database, they have spinning white dots until they freeze. I have no choice but to restore them from Safe Mode, to jailbreak them and to reinstall all my games and homebrew. I'm tired of ARK-4's developers' incompetence. As if this wasn't enough, now FasterARK installs an app to run PS1 games called ARK-X and a plugin called ps1cfw_enabler and users can't even refuse them. I removed the former and uninstalled the latter via AutoPlugin II (and removed FasterARK as well). Also, even though PS Vita's ARK-4 reads more PSP EBOOT.PBP games and DLC than Adrenaline, it mightn't still read all of them without plugins' help, like npdrm_free/npdrm_free_mod and/or nploader/nploader_mod. This/these plugin/s must be manually downloaded and set.

EDIT 6: After restoring my PS Vita and PS TV and jailbreaking them, I have the same problem. A new ARK-4 version was released and yet it also causes this issue.

EDIT 7: Finally, the issue was fixed after a new ARK-4 release. I'll still have to reinstall all my games and homebrew on the PS Vita and PS TV, though. I don't get why PS Vita's ARK-4's "Memory Stick Speedup" is set to "Always" by default when it causes said issue.

EDIT 8: Now FasterARK is installing another plugin against my will (arkrightanalog). Wtf? I uninstalled it.

EDIT 9: By the way, here's my current PS Vita's plugin configuration:

# changes to take place.
*KERNEL
ur0:tai/storagemgr.skprx
ur0:tai/nonpdrm_un.skprx
ur0:tai/NoPspEmuDrm_kern.skprx
ur0:tai/noavls.skprx
ur0:tai/nosleep.skprx
ur0:tai/staybright.skprx
*main
ur0:tai/nolockscreen.suprx
ur0:tai/shellbat.suprx
*NPXS10015
*NPXS10016
*ALL
ur0:tai/NoPspEmuDrm_user.suprx

Here's my current PS TV's plugin configuration:

# changes to take place.
*KERNEL
ur0:tai/storagemgr.skprx
ur0:tai/nonpdrm_un.skprx
ur0:tai/NoPspEmuDrm_kern.skprx
*main
*NPXS10015
*NPXS10016
*ALL
ur0:tai/NoPspEmuDrm_user.suprx

EDIT 10: After reinstalling ARK-4 via the FasterARK method and running it, ARK-4 sometimes freezes in the "ChovyProject" part with a C1-2858-3 error message, and when running PSP ISOs, it sometimes has a black screen for some seconds until it crashes with a C1-2858-3 error message. I have this issue if ARK-4's "Memory Stick Speedup" is set to "Always" (it's set as such by default). I'll set it to "Disabled".

Last edited by Windows_10_User,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto