dochacknik.keybase.pub
XP
Country
United States
logo.png

Frappuccino CFW

Estimated release date:
Christmas (12/25/16); Might be delayed.

This is a fork of Mocha CFW by Dimok. This CFW is ment to be for more complex users, and will have more features and further support. As well as some additions from redNAND and other homebrew.

NOTE: This is by no means completed, and a Release will be compiled within the next two weeks.
I am actively working upon this project, and hope to see it grow. The features are not final, and some may be added/removed. Currently, there's only changes to the menu.c and other files. There's no major changes that are on Github, but I am (again) working on this very actively.
Please check Dimoks Mocha CFW and thank him for his work! Even though his project is quite young, I wanted to create a more complex, advance, and well supported CFW.

~I love the Puniness of the names in the Wii U Community x3

Features:
Mocha Features

• fw.img for redNAND support. But, is optional as a custom firmware.
  • sysNAND or redNAND patching in one application, selected/saved in the settings.
  • SEEPROM redirection to/from SD card.
  • OTP redirection from SD card for a custom launch image; upon load of the custom firmware if it exists on sd card (sd:/wiiu/apps/mocha/launch_image.tga)
Frappuccino Features (Planned, but not Final)

• Custom fw.img support (IMG not provided, and custom as in modifications will be allowed)
  • Allows the injection for Virtual Console (Most likely will be a feature for SimpliiU rather than this CFW)
  • Disables and patches signiture checks, to allow custom Applications (Already integrated into the application)
  • More system modifications
  • Easy setup (Step by step setup)
  • System Update blocking
  • Automatic updates for the CFW Application (Updates the Homebrew only, not you CFW.)
  • redNAND Support (Integrated into this CFW)
  • System Config Tool will be preinstalled
  • Allow on the fly cheat code injection
  • Allow on the fly mod injection as well as patch/dlc injection
  • Install any Application, Update, DLC, and/or Game (Using WUPInstaller, will be integrated)
  • Allow the ability to launch Loadiine directly from the system menu (As a channel)
  • Allow the ability to change the region of your system, if using EmuNAND; for example, change the region from USA to JPN in order to download software from Japan. NOTE: eShop only!
  • Region free Disk and Software support
DO KEEP IN MIND: This software is based off of Dimoks Mocha CFW; I take no credit for his work. This software is not finished, and is still actively being worked on!

Credits:
This software is licensed under the Open GNU GPL v2 license agreement. A copy of the license is on Github.

@dimok for his work on Mocha @FIX94 @vmgoose And other users such as the redNAND Team and many others.

:arrow:Github
:arrow:Mocha

Last edited by Dr.Hacknik,

Blundermann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm pretty sure Mocha already has region-free built-in. Also, isn't having System Config Tool pre-installed copyright infringement?

Dr.Hacknik

Ashley | Developer | Trans
OP
Trophies
Website
dochacknik.keybase.pub
XP
Country
United States
I'm pretty sure Mocha already has region-free built-in. Also, isn't having System Config Tool pre-installed copyright infringement?
Region free, yes it does. But, some features may be removed and/or added. So, maybe pre-installing System Config tool isn't the best thing. Thanks for your concern.

Zarklord

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Frappuccino Features

• Custom fw.img support why the whole point is that using a fw.img is bad practice because its illegal and non distrobutable
  • Allows the injection for Virtual Console
  • Disables and patches signiture checks, to allow custom Applications um mocha already does this
  • Will have the ability to modify the system menu, most likely custom images and color values okay thats not a cfw thing thats just some system menu files
  • More system modifications
  • Easy setup and mocha is not a easy setup?
  • System Update blocking
  • Automatic updates for the CFW (If using a fw.img) see above
  • redNAND Support (Integrated into this CFW) mocha already has this
  • System Config Tool will be preinstalled
  • Allow on the fly cheat code injection
  • Allow on the fly mod injection as well as patch/dlc injection
  • Install any Application, Update, DLC, and/or Game. you can do this with mocha
  • Allow the ability to launch Loadiine directly from the system menu loadiine is pointless with the ability to install titles to the system menu
  • Allow the ability to change the region of your system, if using EmuNAND; for example, change the region from USA to JPN in order to download software from Japan. only useful for eshop access
  • Region free Disk and Software support mocha is region free
  • And many more features.

Dr.Hacknik

OP
Trophies
Website
dochacknik.keybase.pub
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for making those points; I shall address them:

1. Custom fw.img support as in allowing users to modify them, not to distrubute them. A fw.img will NOT be provided.
2. I'm aware that mocha is capable of doing so (Disabling sig checks)
3. I'm making it easier for users to get setup, step by step.
4. Somehow I'm going to make a automatic update feature, but I meant for the application rather than the actualy FW.
5. Not sure if you're questioning the ability that mocha is capable of installing titles, but you need to use WUPInstaller; but Mocha disables Sig checks to allow installing custom software
6. Like the HBL Channel; I'm going to compile a premade Loadiine Channel, unless someone makes one.
7. Sorry, I should address it as eShop Only.

Sorry for the confusion.

reiNAND = Mocha
Corbenik = Frappaccino
Guess I'm not the only one to have a similar idea. x3

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Loadiine is far from useless.

1) The only way to load modified games. For example, the UNDUB version of Xenoblade Chronicles X
2) Ability to use VC injected games without a donor game required.
3) Supports standard file systems such as FAT32, rather than being forced to use Nintendo's encrypted system.

The main thing Loadiine needs is USB support so we can use FAT32 USB hard drives.

Dr.Hacknik

OP
Trophies
Website
dochacknik.keybase.pub
XP
Country
United States
Loadiine is far from useless.

1) The only way to load modified games. For example, the UNDUB version of Xenoblade Chronicles X
2) Ability to use VC injected games without a donor game required.
3) Supports standard file systems such as FAT32, rather than being forced to use Nintendo's encrypted system.

The main thing Loadiine needs is USB support so we can use FAT32 USB hard drives.
I may work with @dimok on that, I've heard that someone HAS ported the fatlib for usb support; correct?

So do I install Renand then this?
The setup is exactly the same as Mocha, so yes.

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I like the puns as well. But let's be honest, credits goes to Nintendo for code naming the CPU inside the WiiU Espresso (even though Ninty had Renesas combine it onto a single board with the GPU, thereby creating a custom IBM/AMD APU).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: *teleports behind you* "Nothing personnel, kiddo" +1