ROM Hack [WIP] Fire Emblem Fates Randomizer

JMDBS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
When I try to randomize the files the blue bar thing goes up by a quarter and then stops and I don't know how to fix it...

Edit: never mind I just reset my computer and it worked

Last edited by JMDBS,

wuboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I apologize if this has been asked is it safe to assume that if you only own one game, say Conquest, you can only randomize Conquest?

thane98

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I apologize if this has been asked is it safe to assume that if you only own one game, say Conquest, you can only randomize Conquest?
Yes, you'll only be able to randomize Conquest since that's all you'll get when you dump the game.

Technically, you could go through the process of dumping the DLC versions of the other path, randomizing those, and reinstalling them, but I haven't done so personally.

wuboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, you'll only be able to randomize Conquest since that's all you'll get when you dump the game.

Technically, you could go through the process of dumping the DLC versions of the other path, randomizing those, and reinstalling them, but I haven't done so personally.
Thought so.
I guess I'll find the Special Edition CIA and dump that, not too happy about it but I don't feel guilty since I bought all the DLC for the game.

GCNMatt

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thought so.
I guess I'll find the Special Edition CIA and dump that, not too happy about it but I don't feel guilty since I bought all the DLC for the game.
Can you do this sort of thing with HANS?
I'm in a similar situation but with Birthright.

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How so?
I've used it since it came out without an issue (on awakening, fates, X, and OR)
For some, it doesn't load the game no matter how many times they've tried or no matter how many times they rebuild the romfs. I gave up and eventually went to NTR CFW.

GCNMatt

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For some, it doesn't load the game no matter how many times they've tried or no matter how many times they rebuild the romfs. I gave up and eventually went to NTR CFW.
Soo... To test this, I'd need to find (or make myself) a dump of the dlc for conquest and revelation, drag the files in, randomize, compress, and done? Or is it not that simple?

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Soo... To test this, I'd need to find (or make myself) a dump of the dlc for conquest and revelation, drag the files in, randomize, compress, and done? Or is it not that simple?
I can't answer that as I've always used the Special Edition CIA. Sorry. ^^'

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No matter what CIA I've tried with ctrtools I've always gotten an error while extracting the romfs any tips?
I use Asia81's HackingToolkit3DS to get my romfs. Make sure the CIA is decrypted, launch SetupUS.exe, put the CIA file in the same folder as HackingToolkit3DS.exe, open HackingToolkit3DS.exe, type ME, if it asks to decompress the code.bin, press n to say no to that. Let it do its thing, and you'll find the CIA's contents in <name of CIA>.cia_Unpacked, with the romfs being in the ExtractedRomFS folder.

phamchri

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Um so i just noticed that CY02 didn't and can't be decompressed. I am assuming this is what is causing my problem, but i don't know what to do from here

Attachments

• 1516b2ed3610c3d6dfb7477271428a19.png
    1516b2ed3610c3d6dfb7477271428a19.png
    10 KB · Views: 153

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Tonight's nightmare sponsored but G-Fuel! lolo