ROM Hack [WIP] Fire Emblem Fates Randomizer

Brave19

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I apologize, you weren't supposed to unpack it. Do you have Java 8 installed? You should be able to double click on the .jar to run it. That Fates-Randomizer file was the .jar.
Hmm, It seems like I don't have Java 8 installed yet, let me try to install it and I'll get back to you on that.

jt_1258

Ella
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Download both zip files in the same folder, then start extracting part1 and it'll extract part2 as well, merging them into 1 CIA file.
Well, it was worth a shot. Backed up my save with jksm, uninstalled the normal game and installed special edition. jksm now throws the 'error opening saves directory" message whenever I try to go in to the saves section for the game and fbi gives me this nonsense in the picture when I try to directly copy and paste the files over, so essentially 100's of hours of progress have been destroyed. Using the hacking toolkit on the cia to extract the files and it creates none so not even that has gone anywhere. Sadly my pursuit to try and check out this mod was an absolute train wreck. Thanks though for trying to help :/ fbibs.jpg would help if i included the image :(

Last edited by jt_1258, , Reason: details

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, it was worth a shot. Backed up my save with jksm, uninstalled the normal game and installed special edition. jksm now throws the 'error opening saves directory" message whenever I try to go in to the saves section for the game and fbi gives me this nonsense in the picture when I try to directly copy and paste the files over, so essentially 100's of hours of progress have been destroyed. Using the hacking toolkit on the cia to extract the files and it creates none so not even that has gone anywhere. Sadly my pursuit to try and check out this mod was an absolute train wreck. Thanks though for trying to help :/ View attachment 75817 would help if i included the image :(
Did you actually start the Special Edition first and let it do its thing before using JKSM to import your save? That error in JKSM goes away when you open the game first.

Last edited by KunoichiZ,

jt_1258

Ella
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you actually start the Special Edition first and let it do its thing before using JKSM to import your save? That error in JKSM goes away when you open the game first.
Ya, theres a save in their, and im not talking about the one still their from extra data, its in the first slot

jt_1258

Ella
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know how to help because I've managed to make it work and I've now switched to the Special Edition.
do you know how I could extract the dlc to do this, Im gona reinstall the normal one and hopefully the dam thing will let me inject the save

Redbit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
do you know how I could extract the dlc to do this, Im gona reinstall the normal one and hopefully the dam thing will let me inject the save

Seeing as this is a first for me just looking at this issue, let me try to understand the situation.

My Understanding
Given that you backed up your saves and everything, FBI manager is giving you errors and you can no longer read the saves.

Proposed solution
1. Use the backup and restore your 3DS to it's before state and try again.
2. Try playing with a backed-up unmodified version before trying this again to ensure everything still works eg. no data loss

Further Questions
- Which region game are you using? (EU Birthright, USA Special etc.) Given that you are using an iso or internet download, is it possible that the game file was corrupt?
- I am confused as to how you are able to use the toolkit on the game and not have any files extracted. I suspect the .cia you are trying to extract is corrupt in some way or the toolkit is not in the same directory as the game file. Are they in the same location? (eg. both on desktop or both in documents)

If @KunoichiZ has a better understanding of the situation, my interpretation may shed some light on the situation.

Hopefully what I proposed helps.

Last edited by Redbit,

tommy7115

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Revelations chapter 16 is crashing, chapter 2 was also crashing but was too lazy to report that.
EDIT: Deleted the Script and now its functioning perfectly, thanks for the amazing troubleshooter.

Last edited by tommy7115,

jt_1258

Ella
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seeing as this is a first for me just looking at this issue, let me try to understand the situation.

My Understanding
Given that you backed up your saves and everything, FBI manager is giving you errors and you can no longer read the saves.

Proposed solution
1. Use the backup and restore your 3DS to it's before state and try again.
2. Try playing with a backed-up unmodified version before trying this again to ensure everything still works eg. no data loss

Further Questions
- Which region game are you using? (EU Birthright, USA Special etc.) Given that you are using an iso or internet download, is it possible that the game file was corrupt?
- I am confused as to how you are able to use the toolkit on the game and not have any files extracted. I suspect the .cia you are trying to extract is corrupt in some way or the toolkit is not in the same directory as the game file. Are they in the same location? (eg. both on desktop or both in documents)

If @KunoichiZ has a better understanding of the situation, my interpretation may shed some light on the situation.

Hopefully what I proposed helps.
I reinstalled the eshop version after uninstalling the special edition and restored the jksm save backup just fine, I made a system save backup(nintys official system of doing it) and I am now installing the special edition again to see if the official backup will work, just got the issue with the file extraction in hacking toolkit not creating any files.

I have birthright digital and have revaluations purchased too, I do not have any plans on wasting(at least seesm like wasting to me) my money on conquest. This is of the us region. I am trying to shift over to the special edition(ignoring conquest and the extra 3 save slots since I don't own that) to simplify the process hopefully since I can't find any help for extracting the dlc's files for revelations. The cia is us and said to be region free somehow, unfortunately I'm having to go through that cia site to obtain this(I'm sorry). I have both the cia(used decrypt(deep) on it as specified) and the program in the same folder.

The issue is with save restoring is still present but at least know I can still get back to my save. My main hope is to be able to extract the files for the dlc(revelations path) to do this the cleanest way possible so if you could help me with that is would be much appreciated, but if I have to I will go down the more risky route of this...
I'm not sure if it is ok to ask this but if it is not I will remove the question emediatly. -snip- reason: not allowed, PERIOD!!!

Sorry for taking so long to respond, bit of a slow typer XD

Last edited by jt_1258, , Reason: keeping my promise

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I reinstalled the eshop version after uninstalling the special edition and restored the jksm save backup just fine, I made a system save backup(nintys official system of doing it) and I am now installing the special edition again to see if the official backup will work, just got the issue with the file extraction in hacking toolkit not creating any files.

I have birthright digital and have revaluations purchased too, I do not have any plans on wasting(at least seesm like wasting to me) my money on conquest. This is of the us region. I am trying to shift over to the special edition(ignoring conquest and the extra 3 save slots since I don't own that) to simplify the process hopefully since I can't find any help for extracting the dlc's files for revelations. The cia is us and said to be region free somehow, unfortunately I'm having to go through that cia site to obtain this(I'm sorry). I have both the cia(used decrypt(deep) on it as specified) and the program in the same folder.

The issue is with save restoring is still present but at least know I can still get back to my save. My main hope is to be able to extract the files for the dlc(revelations path) to do this the cleanest way possible so if you could help me with that is would be much appreciated, but if I have to I will go down the more risky route of this...
I'm not sure if it is ok to ask this but if it is not I will remove the question emediatly. If you could, can you pm me a link to a us special edition cia to work with that is known not to be corrupt...

We can't share links to games.

jt_1258

Ella
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We can't share links to games.
dam, was hoping that was only in threads and not in pm, I will go ahead edit the question out. Also, it seems it is a corrupt cia, trying to look in the save file whatsoever with fbi results in an error compared to just getting one when I attempt to modify the files inside. Either I figure out how to extract the files for dlc(revelations path) or I have to look harder for a cia that will work, I'm am praying the former of the 2 becomes possible to me because this is turning into a massive pain in the ass.

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dam, was hoping that was only in threads and not in pm, I will go ahead edit the question out. Also, it seems it is a corrupt cia, trying to look in the save file whatsoever with fbi results in an error compared to just getting one when I attempt to modify the files inside. Either I figure out how to extract the files for dlc(revelations path) or I have to look harder for a cia that will work, I'm am praying the former of the 2 becomes possible to me because this is turning into a massive pain in the ass.
I got my CIA from that iso site.

Redbit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm not sure if it is ok to ask this but if it is not I will remove the question emediatly. If you could, can you pm me a link to a us special edition cia to work with that is known not to be corrupt...

As much as I know of a source for things like that that has proven reliable, I'd rather not bring a moderator here to educate me on the finer points of forum rules and advocacy.

Regardless, if it's files structure... here's what the m folder looks like for US.
upload_2017-1-21_22-16-18.png

jt_1258

Ella
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got my CIA from that iso site.
I would try asking for the name of the thread but even that seems like a no no XD guess I'll have to keep searching*sigh
As much as I know of a source for things like that that has proven reliable, I'd rather not bring a moderator here to educate me on the finer points of forum rules and advocacy.

Regardless, if it's files structure... here's what the m folder looks like for US.
...is that the file you got after running decrypt(deep) on the cia file or running the toolkit on it? I don't have anything like that...or don't know where it is...

still wish to just work with the dlc(revalations path) to simplify all this *sigh

Redbit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I would try asking for the name of the thread but even that seems like a no no XD guess I'll have to keep searching*sigh

...is that the file you got after running decrypt(deep) on the cia file or running the toolkit on it? I don't have anything like that...or don't know where it is...

still wish to just work with the dlc(revalations path) to simplify all this *sigh

Forgive me. This is the "romFS folder/m" after extracting it from the special edition.

EDIT: This is after running toolkit on it.

All of this is making me wonder why download from an iso site when I got mine through gdrive/mega...

Last edited by Redbit,

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Forgive me. This is the romFS after extracting it from the special edition.
All of this is making me wonder why download from an iso site when I got mine through gdrive/mega...
My CIA was from a Google Drive, but that Google Drive was linked to on that iso site.

Redbit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
My CIA was from a Google Drive, but that Google Drive was linked to on that iso site.
Before we drop this topic to avoid catching too much unwanted attention may I ask if that site started with an 'n' cause I suspect we may have the same source tbh.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rn4vARy44iY