ROM Hack [WIP] Fire Emblem Fates Randomizer

jt_1258

Ella
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes it does.
...strange, maybe I should try the download again, I did them simultaneously so maybe that caused some issues :/ bummer despite pure intentions a mod will certainly come and yell at us when they see this but ehh, at least it will on only be a warning hopefully, just hope I don't need to do anything like this in the future cause I feel a little guilty for doing this...

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

its amazing what the changing of one word can do 0.0

Last edited by jt_1258,

jt_1258

Ella
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
(original message removed due to how harsh/barbaric it was, I dearly apologize for my imature behavior and will do my best to make sure this never happens again)

How do I extract the dlc(revelations path), keep in mind Idon't want to work with the special edition.

Last edited by jt_1258,

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, I'm sick and tired of running in dam circles. How the hell do you extract the files for the revelations path downloaded. I AM NOT DEALING WITH DAM SPECIAL EDITION CRAP ANY MORE PERIOD!!!
Stop with the caps. It's rude. Have some patience and wait for thane to help you.

jt_1258

Ella
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Stop with the caps. It's rude. Have some patience and wait for thane to help you.
Sorry, just pissed at how I've spent all day on this and have acomplished absolutely nothing... [emoji35]
I need to not let anger get the best of me though *sigh

thane98

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry, just pissed at how I've spent all day on this and have acomplished absolutely nothing... [emoji35]
I need to not let anger get the best of me though *sigh
I hate to say this, but if you want to run Revelation and have enough storage space, you'd probably be better off keeping a special edition of Fates on your 3DS even if you can't transfer the saves over (doesn't mean you need to delete the original and its saves though). Dumping and extracting DLC is annoying enough as it is - rebuilding all of the DLC from scratch is even worse.

If it's your only option, the best resource I can give you is this post on rebuilding DLC content.

jt_1258

Ella
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hate to say this, but if you want to run Revelation and have enough storage space, you'd probably be better off keeping a special edition of Fates on your 3DS even if you can't transfer the saves over (doesn't mean you need to delete the original and its saves though). Dumping and extracting DLC is annoying enough as it is - rebuilding all of the DLC from scratch is even worse.

If it's your only option, the best resource I can give you is this post on rebuilding DLC content.
...I dearly apologize for how harsh I was in that post, in retrospect I regret a lot. Ok now, I can get the saves into extra data(saves in their are still their after going from eshop version to special edition) and I can shift them into the extra 3 slots that come with conquest. It is a bit conveluded but in theory shuffling the saves around and getting them over via extra data should work. Now comes the issue that still remains, I run decrypt(deep) on the cia file, take it to the toolkit to extract the files and it says its done(barely a second passes between start and "finish" of the process which I find strange) and no files are their after the process...so I can't even do that for some reason :/

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
...I dearly apologize for how harsh I was in that post, in retrospect I regret a lot. Ok now, I can get the saves into extra data(saves in their are still their after going from eshop version to special edition) and I can shift them into the extra 3 slots that come with conquest. It is a bit conveluded but in theory shuffling the saves around and getting them over via extra data should work. Now comes the issue that still remains, I run decrypt(deep) on the cia file, take it to the toolkit to extract the files and it says its done(barely a second passes between start and "finish" of the process which I find strange) and no files are their after the process...so I can't even do that for some reason :/
What option in the hacking toolkit did you select to extract the contents? I always choose ME.

jt_1258

Ella
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What option in the hacking toolkit did you select to extract the contents? I always choose ME.
Ok, I got something this time, it gave me a folder where the files were supposed to be but the file was empty. ...fatesm.cia is the special edition
Capture.PNG

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, I got something this time, it gave me a folder where the files were supposed to be but the file was empty. ...fatesm.cia is the special edition
View attachment 75915
Redo the decryption process. If done correctly, it should give you the files. If not, then I don't know how else to help you other than give you the files myself, which I can't do that.

Reactions: jt_1258

jt_1258

Ella
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Redo the decryption process. If done correctly, it should give you the files. If not, then I don't know how else to help you other than give you the files myself, which I can't do that.
decrypt9 says its not encrypted when I try to run it on the cia again and so it does nothing to it

Dam, was pretty interested in this but I guess I'm sadly gona have to pass on it, thanks for trying to help though :/

Last edited by jt_1258, , Reason: I quit

JaceRaster

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
having a little bit of a problem. I can't seem to find a file called Fates-Randomizer.jar, It says I need Java 8, and I installed it. Maybe I installed it wrong?

Kobazco

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey just wanna let you guys the randomizer has so far worked just fine for me. Thanks for all your hard work. But I was wondering if it would perhaps be possible to do this with Awakening as well?

thane98

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey just wanna let you guys the randomizer has so far worked just fine for me. Thanks for all your hard work. But I was wondering if it would perhaps be possible to do this with Awakening as well?
I've considered adding Awakening support at some point, though I've got a few things to work out with the Fates version first.

Reactions: GCNMatt and jt_1258

WhipperTSnapper

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just finished playing through Revelation. The only crashes I went through were at the end of Chapter 16 and at the start of Chapter 17. Everything else went smoothly. I did notice some of the character models were back to normal in the last cutscene, though, and Kaden (replacing Ryoma) used one of Odin's (replacing Xander) voice lines once.

Reactions: jt_1258

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, lol +1