Homebrew Windows on the New 3DS

bones123

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Apologies if it's been addressed or if it's just my .img; I get the error "Error loading Explorer.exe. - You must reinstall Windows." which results in a "Press CTRL+ALT+DELETE to Restart" screen.

ninja: Loading Win95 just for posterity's sake

LarBob

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Apologies if it's been addressed or if it's just my .img; I get the error "Error loading Explorer.exe. - You must reinstall Windows." which results in a "Press CTRL+ALT+DELETE to Restart" screen.

ninja: Loading Win95 just for posterity's sake
It's your image. One of the most common images doesn't work properly sadly. Look up iDOS zip or something like that. Can't direct link due to forum copyright rules.

Reactions: THYPLEX

sweis12

Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
The Windows files can't be linked due to the forum's rules relating to copyright.
Not the windows file, the file you select in retroarch to boot windows, like for the windows95 it has a win3ds.bat file you need to select.

In the video he uses ld98.bat and ld31.bat to launch 98 and 3.1

Last edited by sweis12,

ThePix

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried it out on the 2DS latest version as of 1/3/2016 menuhax and its stuck on this red bottom screen and left glitchness on top

LarBob

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried it out on the 2DS latest version as of 1/3/2016 menuhax and its stuck on this red bottom screen and left glitchness on top
It only works on N3DS models.

LarBob said:
Remember, this currently only works on New 3DS models. You will probably get a red screen if you try on the O3DS. It just doesn't work right now.

dimmidice

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
question, how useable/stable is this? could it run that at a decent speed for example? or is this just in its infancy?

MajorMajora

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I'm not sure if my W98.img is bad or it's working. Is it normal to say "mounting disk "A""? It's been doing this for about ten minutes.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-