Gaming Will you be buying any Amiibo figures ?

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 12,295
  • Replies 95

Will you buy any Amiibo

• Mario

Votes: 19 19.0%
  • Peach

Votes: 10 10.0%
  • Yoshi

• Donkey Kong

Votes: 7 7.0%
  • Link

Votes: 36 36.0%
  • Fox

Votes: 8 8.0%
  • Samus

Votes: 21 21.0%
  • Wii Fit Trainer

Votes: 8 8.0%
  • Villager

Votes: 12 12.0%
  • Pikachu

• Kirby

Votes: 16 16.0%
  • Marth

• Zelda

• Other

Votes: 22 22.0%
  • None

Votes: 38 38.0%

• Total voters

GorTesK

Mad Hatter
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I might consider it after a considerable price drop or a bundle with a good discount, but I don't really see the point of those figurines, they would just catch dust or eventually get lost/broken because there is always someones kid, that has to break your stuff, you know ;)

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
I might consider it after a considerable price drop or a bundle with a good discount, but I don't really see the point of those figurines, they would just catch dust or eventually get lost/broken because there is always someones kid, that has to break your stuff, you know ;)

If you keep them away or locked it won't happen. Just imagine if Pat the NES Punk let kids or strangers near his huge NES collection.

D

Deleted User

OP
Nintendo of America and Nintendo of Europe have confirmed that Hyrule Warriors will support The Link amiibo figure .

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I think rather not.

Heck I won't even get Super Smash Bros. for Wii U.
I don't know what's the hype, I just don't feel it.
To me the top Smash game was Melee, from there it just felt like the same thing.

And the figurines "Amiibo" thing, as well for the Skylanders figures, are nothing but a cheap way to gain more money out of something that could very well be released as DLC at a much lower price.
Take into consideration that manufacturing a figure rises the price and in my opinion the profit is not really worth it.
I would much rather prefer a DLC that I can easily download instead of a figure just to fill more pockets.

Although, I would rather like that they release both the Amiibo AND the DLC.
In the case of Skylanders, it's not nice that they lock up some parts of the game just because you don't have a certain figure.
Sucks, and that's just a way to try to force you to buy more stuff.

That's my opinion though.

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
Shadow @ If they're going to charge £10/$15 for DLC then they might as well have the Amiibos instead so it's DLC-ish that's physical and you can display it on your shelf.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Shadow @ If they're going to charge £10/$15 for DLC then they might as well have the Amiibos instead so it's DLC-ish that's physical and you can display it on your shelf.
The DLC per figure should not cost more than 10 US Dollars.
I give it 5 bucks tops as if they were a character download of some sort.

D

Deleted User

OP
I think rather not.

Heck I won't even get Super Smash Bros. for Wii U.
I don't know what's the hype, I just don't feel it.
To me the top Smash game was Melee, from there it just felt like the same thing.

Have you seen this yet ?

shinkodachi

On permanent leave
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
I was really excited about amiibo when they first announced them. Even as figurines only they look great, so NFC connectivity with Wii U / 3DS across different games is amazing.

But, I decided to wait and buy amiibo's when they offer them in packs like Skylanders. I'd like to have them all, but that's serious money to put down for what's at the end of the day a collection of toys ("smart toys", if you will). Pack of 3 or 5, maybe a pack with all of them would be awesome. For a reduced price of course vs. buying each separately.

I'm really hoping they won't introduce limited edition amiibo though. Or region specific amiibo. That'd suck. I wonder if importing amiibo from Japan would work with a European Wii U. I don't see why not, but you never know until it's been tried.

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
Count me out, I'm no longer interested purchasing any of them after seeing how much of a downgrade they've gotten.

http://tay.kotaku.com/nintendo-fans-are-annoyed-by-the-downgrade-in-amiibo-qu-1650977502

B034gq9IIAEGdDb.png

962212446250598829.jpg

962212446331592109.png

Why the fuck is Link looking down?! His figure didn't look like that originally!

God damn you Nintendo, you can't go a day without fucking shit up. :-/

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I will probably grab some just because they're nice figurines, the NFC stuff is just a cherry on the top. That being said, I'm not going to collect them.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Recent Content

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Faust03 @ Faust03: hey the spam bots are acting up again