Homebrew app Will WiiFlow brick my vWii?

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
The vwii is almost the same like an original Wii.
Correct, more specifically "WiiFlow" is not the Wii Menu or an IOS (the things which have an externally imposed reason to be different on Vwii)

But don't take my word for it - take the installation packages for the 2 channels recommended by Wiiflow and open them in ShowMiiWads, where you'll see how their titleID is very different from that of the Wii Menu or any IOS, and correlate this with the fact that, for most purposes*, any title not currently running on the (V)Wii is fully inert

* main exception: banner brick

• Love
Reactions: BaamAlex

BaamAlex

UDE GA NARU ZE!
Trophies
Website
hmpg.net
XP
Country
Germany
Of course not. Hacking your Wii comes with very little brick risk, if you know exactly on what you are doing.
https://wii.guide
Of course. Except some ioses or the installation is different. Or there are different channels for wii and vwii. Technically they are almost the same. At least that is my opinion. Both behave the same and are identical in terms of structure. Except of course that with the vwii maybe some things like calendar (if I remember correctly) or the system settings are different, or not available.

Reactions: SylverReZ

DecoTheEpicGuy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Of course not. Hacking your Wii comes with very little brick risk, if you know exactly on what you are doing.
https://wii.guide
Thanks for the advice, but im actually talking about the Wii partition on the Wii U.

My Wii U is modded with Haxchi, i know, it is outdated, but it was modded by the help of a store, and i wish i could upgrade but my father seemingly does not let me do it, since it is still working fine.

Will that bother the vWii modding process? + Does it require the Internet? my father is very paranoid of our dumped games vanishing off the console or getting banned.

BaamAlex

UDE GA NARU ZE!
Trophies
Website
hmpg.net
XP
Country
Germany
Thanks for the advice, but im actually talking about the Wii partition on the Wii U.

My Wii U is modded with Haxchi, i know, it is outdated, but it was modded by the help of a store, and i wish i could upgrade but my father seemingly does not let me do it, since it is still working fine.

Will that bother the vWii modding process? + Does it require the Internet? my father is very paranoid of our dumped games vanishing off the console or getting banned.
Bans are very very unlikely on the wii u. And i doubt that this will change. And for the wii...this is not longer in nintendos hands because the wii has wiimmfi. And you only get banned there if you cheat online. Just like with any official "provider".

Reactions: jeannotte

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo