Gaming Will this config make a good gaming rig?

Midna

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
Ivy Bridge. I recommend waiting for the release of Ivy Bridge at least before jumping the gun and getting an i5-2500k. It supposedly has better performance than Sandy Bridge so it must be worth waiting for :D
>Supposedly
It absolutely will. The 2500k is a nice processor, but it's at that stage right near the end of it's prime where it still hasn't gotten a price drop.

Even if you don't want to pay for a fancy new Ivy Bridge processor, the sandy bridge ones will go down in price anyway.

alphaspunk

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
India
Ivy Bridge. I recommend waiting for the release of Ivy Bridge at least before jumping the gun and getting an i5-2500k. It supposedly has better performance than Sandy Bridge so it must be worth waiting for :D
>Supposedly
It absolutely will. The 2500k is a nice processor, but it's at that stage right near the end of it's prime where it still hasn't gotten a price drop.

Even if you don't want to pay for a fancy new Ivy Bridge processor, the sandy bridge ones will go down in price anyway.

Yeah it wud be good if the price of i5-2500k goes down...

qlum

Posting when needed
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands

If only it wasn't delayed till June. Other than that its doesn't look like its actually giving a huge performance leap over sandy bridge.

Splych

GBAtemp's Lurker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I didn't want to jump the gun and say it is better than a Sandy Bridge processor just yet. They claim it does [which an early test proved true] however it isn't officially out so that's why I didn't say it.

Just like you, I want to assemble a new computer. Running an old Pentium 4 w/ a Radeon HD5770 is okay. If necessary, I will get a Pentium G620 then later upgrade it to a Ivy Bridge CPU.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: ballcock