• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 2,063
  • Replies 6
  • Likes 1
D

Deleted User

OP
I'm not planning on modding my 360 any time soon, just wondering.. because I might have plans after the 360 servers shut down.. since there's noting to get banned from.

But yeah, will there ever be any kind of softmod for the 360 like the OG xbox did? or is modding limited to people who know how to solder/where to get someone to mod the 360 for them?

Since my pc is unoperational I had to use IE on my 360 to make this forum post... lel

Reactions: cvskid

cvskid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wish softmods were still a thing for game systems but it looks like those days might be over since the newer consoles are so complicated security wise and PC like.

D

Deleted User

OP
I wish softmods were still a thing for game systems but it looks like those days might be over since the newer consoles are so complicated security wise and PC like.
Wasn't the Original Xbox a pc itself? just with an different OS?

InsaneNutter

Trophies
Website
digiex.net
XP
Country

You can softmod a PS3, Wii, 3DS and exploit the Wii U and PS4 via software.

Granted at this point the Wii U and PS4 hacks are not permanent, however you don't need additional hardware or to open the console to exploit them.

It's only really the Xbox 360 that you need to hardmod, who knows about the Xbox One at this point. Microsoft have been good with security this time.

D

Deleted User

OP

Granted at this point the Wii U and PS4 hacks are not permanent, however you don't need additional hardware or to open the console to exploit them.

It's only really the Xbox 360 that you need to hardmod, who knows about the Xbox One at this point. Microsoft have been good with security this time.
I think they are onto us, the Vita has intense security, the Xone has intense security, the wii u is locking down, the ps4 is struggling

cvskid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

True. With a PS3 though last time i checked you needed to buy a certain usb dongle to downgrade the console and any type of softmod worked only if it was already on firmware 3.55.

Last edited by cvskid,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Thank you. Hope you're in good spirits today like I am. :)