Hacking Will NinjHax work on an old 3DS XL with a 3.* Firmware?

75mak

Trophies
XP
Country
Use pasta mset and then use sysupdater to update to 4.5.0-10
I already have an older SD card with palpatine CFW setup with some CIAs... is there a quick way to get Pasta CFW on with MSET

I'm really confused looking at all these guides. I have the neccessary tools, I have a cartridge copy of cubic ninja.... where do i get sysupdater for pasta and how can I get it installed with MSET?

Ronhero

Too Weird to Live, Too Rare to Die
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
I already have an older SD card with palpatine CFW setup with some CIAs... is there a quick way to get Pasta CFW on with MSET

I'm really confused looking at all these guides. I have the neccessary tools, I have a cartridge copy of cubic ninja.... where do i get sysupdater for pasta and how can I get it installed with MSET?

If you already have Pal cfw just use that snd switch out the bin for PBT and launch as you normally would but on system nand.

Once thats done install sysupdater .4 cia

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
Wow, some really bad advice being given here. (use rxtools, use sysupdater, ugh)
Just update your browser.
0004003000009D02 version 2050

75mak

Trophies
XP
Country
If you already have Pal cfw just use that snd switch out the bin for PBT and launch as you normally would but on system nand.

Once thats done install sysupdater .4 cia

Couldn't get PBT to work. Get the dark blue screen, but then it just looks like it boots into system menu and cant get any of my cias to load as they would in palpatine

Wow, some really bad advice being given here. (use rxtools, use sysupdater, ugh)
Just update your browser.
0004003000009D02 version 2050

How do i update just the browser then?

Ronhero

Too Weird to Live, Too Rare to Die
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
Couldn't get PBT to work. Get the dark blue screen, but then it just looks like it boots into system menu and cant get any of my cias to load as they would in palpatine

How do i update just the browser then?

It boots you into system nand so you need to hold L to allow you to install dev menu though the network

VerseHell

Trophies
XP
Country
France
It will update your cfw rednand, not your emunand, but you can still try to extract it and flash it to your sysnand, but I don't know if it will work.
It's easier to just use rxTools or PBT.

75mak

Trophies
XP
Country
You want to update system nand then you need PBT; Pal cfw works on emunand
ok, got bigblue menu installed on pbt... now where can i get sysupdater 4.0 from and how do i install the version i need?

EDIT ----------------------

Got SysUpdater version 4.1

got 3DNUS

What do I enter for title ID?

currently I'm on 4.3.0-4e I just need the 7e at the end.... where can I get titleID to get this firmware from 3dNUS

and is sysupdater safe to use from PBT cfw?

EDIT 2----------------------

ok got 3dNUS working

should i download and install all 4.3.0-7e or just the 0004003000009D02 version 2050 for the browser as mentioned above?

and is it safe to install from bigbluemenu from pbt firmware?

Last edited by 75mak,

75mak

Trophies
XP
Country
ok, thanks for that - I think I'm done.

I ran sysupdater and it was installing each cia so i left it for a while... but it seemed to finish sooner than i expected and i heard the system menu music so i checked and i had a battery low warning. but when i checked the system version it was on 4.5.0-10e.

So is that how it works - Does sysupdater kick back to the system menu when complete? I was worried perhaps it stopped half way through due to battery being low. Perhaps I need to run sysupdater again for it to install all the cias? or is it definately complete becaus i don't have any confirmation apart from settings showing 4.5.0-10e as the firmware version

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1