Will Japanese games on Japanese 3DS LL with CFW that has been changed to English, play in English?

caliskier

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So my question is, I have Japanese new 3DS LL, I have changed it to English. I want to buy some games off of eBay that are cheaper in Japanese, if I play them on my this console, will They play in English or will they play in Japanese? I’m talking about Kid Icirus, Mario golf world tour, warioware, But also I would like to know if this works for any game.

duwen

Old Man Toad
Trophies
Website
www.exophase.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The only way it's (theoretically) kind of possible is to extract the ROMFS from the english version and use Luma patching to apply it when you launch the Japanese game...

I say theoretically because I gave up trying to get it to work with the handful of Japanese titles I was trying to launch, and when you're essentially having to have basically the full game as a 'patch' it becomes obvious that you may aswell just install the eng language cia.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
So my question is, I have Japanese new 3DS LL, I have changed it to English. I want to buy some games off of eBay that are cheaper in Japanese, if I play them on my this console, will They play in English or will they play in Japanese? I’m talking about Kid Icirus, Mario golf world tour, warioware, But also I would like to know if this works for any game.
Most Japanese games don't have English language in them, there are only a handful of exceptions.

caliskier

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you all, answered my question. The only exception I know of is crono trigger, But I wondered if some of the Nintendo games did that as well. Thanks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Using CFW there should be a way to change your systems language to display in English, affecting most games as well. (I forgot how to do this but there are guides) CFW should also make games region free. I did this with my N2DS LL and it works pretty much like a US model now

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: The Castlevania game was on the PS1 so that's cool +1