Homebrew Will GBA emulators ever fully work?

doctorgoat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I think of 'acceptable' emulation, I think in terms of framerate, controls and rendering. Cheating, save editing, filters, these are extras. To say that a method for playing a game is unacceptable because you can't cheat is rediculous in my opinion. VC injection is by far the best method for playing gba roms on 3ds, and will be for a long time. If you really need to cheat in order to enjoy these games, maybe you should look into ram editing vc games with spider/skater.

Edit, also, if I'm not mistaken, some gba roms were hacked to include a custom intro that was essentially a trainer. Perhaps injecting these instead of a clean rom.

doing simple boring ram editing is possible with skater/spider/ntr, doing actual fun stuff with cheat stuff is significantly different.

Framerate is important, rendering is important, savestates are extremely important. I'd rather have fast forward than savestates but not by a wide margin.

Filters are ugly and bad.

WeedZ

Possibly an Enlightened Being
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
doing simple boring ram editing is possible with skater/spider/ntr, doing actual fun stuff with cheat stuff is significantly different.

Framerate is important, rendering is important, savestates are extremely important. I'd rather have fast forward than savestates but not by a wide margin.

Filters are ugly and bad.
Dude, boring ram editing? lol. Ram editing is far more expansive then save data. If youre skills are limited to simple hexediting, then save data is the way to go. But you can alter any in game functions with ram editing. Not just simple values stored in a save game.

Take oldschool gta for example. With a save you can change the type and color of a car stored in the garage. With ram editing you can change the speed, make it fly, make it invincible, make it drive up walls, drive on water, etc.

Margen67

Dirty entited pirate
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
NDS exists. Sudokuhax. The only problem is that it intentionally corrupts the decryption keys. They did that to prevent piracy.
XJKSGfo.jpg

Please Understand™

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Ok you are tired so rest well