Hacking Will dstwo be eventually updated to play 3ds games?

P

pasc

Well the NDS Adaptor surely doesn't support AC:NL, neither does the wretched R4i Save Dongle. Neither will EVER support them as they would require a hardware revision.

However I find it quite useful that this tool works from the DS.

Would have been the same if the GBA would have been able to backup DS Saves by using a bridge/adapter.

Also: That tool is quite handy after all: it at least allows for FAT restores.

VMM

Hamon > Stand
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I think the short answer is

Possible:Yes, probably. Will it happen: NO.

Why would supercard make an already existing device work when it could release a new, almost identical device and get a lot more purchases?

For the same reason why they made their GBA flashcard compatible with DS.
There tons of people who bought or have been buying cheap flashcards instead of DSTwo.
Having DSTwo as a 3DS flashcard would make them have no need to manufacture another flashcard, which is expensive.
Yet they could sell an old piece of hardware as an cheaper option to Gateway.
While they do this, they could still be elaborating a brand new 3DS flashcard,
with better features and been a more solid product, and them sell it as the DS3 or Supercard 3DS.

Chaldron

GBATemp's Official Attorney
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Y u so pessimistic about Gateway? They way I see it GW actually has experience with 3DS programming, and Supercard has .. well none.

And BTW, GW team has said they are working on a loader. So it just takes time. And the Supercard team will need alot more time to even get up to speed with 3DS programming.

Just my 2 cents

Yes, definitely no experience at all. They've only had flashcard working since the days of the DSi.

person66

If it isn't edited, it isn't a true person66 post
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Probably should have mentioned I meant trying to use it to boot DS games on a DS. Obviously 3DS games aren't going to boot on a DS. :P

If the cart doesn't even show up in the DS menu even with a DS rom used on the red gateway, then I would bet the DSTwo can't be reprogrammed to allow 3DS game booting.

That still doesn't make sense, as the gateway is, for all intents and purposes, a 3ds game. It would be no different than trying to run an official 3ds game cartridge on a regular DS.

VMM

Hamon > Stand
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
That still doesn't make sense, as the gateway is, for all intents and purposes, a 3ds game. It would be no different than trying to run an official 3ds game cartridge on a regular DS.

The first flashcards to run nds roms were gba flashcards.
It may be possible to do the same with DSTwo, known the similarities of Gateway and DSTwo PCBs.
Unless someone from Supercard Team pronounce here about the possibility of this,
we will all be just guessing, that's why I think the thread should be closed.

person66

If it isn't edited, it isn't a true person66 post
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The first flashcards to run nds roms were gba flashcards.
It may be possible to do the same with DSTwo, known the similarities of Gateway and DSTwo PCBs.
Unless someone from Supercard Team pronounce here about the possibility of this,
we will all be just guessing, that's why I think the thread should be closed.
I wasn't talking about that, I was replying to Apache Thunder's post.

Yepi69

Jill-sandwiched
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Not totaly true. Making 2 soldering points in contact did the same.
I flashed mine this way.

SL1_lite.jpg

Its all fun and games, I also flashed my DS Lite.

I meant to actually run the software, you needed a Pass device.

justinkb

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I'd like to remind everyone of the question actually posed, which was if it will be updated to support it. There is no chance in hell the supercard team would do that, even if it werr technically possible, which I doubt.

Quicksilver88

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I only know of this and the R4i Save adapters.
I'm not sure if it stops at AC:NL or if it stops at the games with the newer encryption. Last update was April 4th, 2011.

Devin,

In the link that was posted earlier on 3DS save game information it looks like Nintendo has made 2 major changes to the save game encryption....One occured at v2.x of the firmware and and later more recent one happened at v6.0 (meaning it probably has yet to be implemented in cartridges yet but has likely been implemented in eShop stuff).

My question if you know is are the old tools.....dssave and the old encryption/decryption tools (their was a command line and a gui version) working with games after the change that happened in v2.x and just not going to work with the newest games, or did those tools stop working after the v2.x change???

I am wondering about this because on the r4i game save forum many people are still posting their game 3DS game saves for games that came after 2011.....so are they just useless? and people are posting them in vain so to speak? I am not so much interested in other peoples game saves or save modifcation as my own, being able to back them up off retail and then decrypt them and re-encrypt them for use on gateway with a scene dump....is this basically, currently impossible with any game afer the v2.x firmware fix until someone figures out the save hashing?

xecqtor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
News :

they can do the upgrade, but they won't
The Supercard Team is currently working on a new Product.

They also reading this, hope they change mind, which i doubt, as digital upgrade with fees would bring much more income.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
News :

they can do the upgrade, but they won't
The Supercard Team is currently working on a new Product.

They also reading this, hope they change mind, which i doubt, as digital upgrade with fees would bring much more income.

When you're posting that kind of stuff, attach a source link or at least a quote.

Reactions: Rydian and Yepi69

Vengenceonu

Revenge is beneath me but accidents do happen.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When you're posting that kind of stuff, attach a source link or at least a quote.

He doesn't have one. He's just a member of their forum who goes around talking shit about gateway and praises supercard to anyone who will listen. His entire basis is that because the 2 cards look "similar" inside, that means supercard is better. Hell, in one of his post he had the nerve to call gateway a "clone of supercard".

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
He doesn't have one. He's just a member of their forum who goes around talking shit about gateway and praises supercard to anyone who will listen. His entire basis is that because the 2 cards look "similar" inside, that means supercard is better. Hell, in one of his post he had the nerve to call gateway a "clone of supercard".

Fair enough. On the same basis I should assume that some Acekards and loads of R4's should also load 3DS ROM's since they're running on an ACTEL ASIC as well. :rolleyes:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-