Hacking Will dstwo be eventually updated to play 3ds games?

stanleyopar2000

RIP Yuzu. "It is always morally correct..."
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
hahaha..yeah...the DSTWO will be able to REMOTELY upgrade your hardware using your wireless network! you won't need to do a thing! then you'll be able to play Super Mario 3D land along with the Pokemon X / Y leak!

seriously...first this = >

http://gbatemp.net/threads/whoa-nintendo-2ds-to-play-3ds-games-emulator.353805/page-3#post-4759162

now this..wtf is up with this trend..is it the gateway being released or the 2DS announcement? :glare: /troll

now: *ahem* No. your old DSTWO won't play 3DS ROMS. It lacks the hardware that the GateWay has. The DSTWO was hardware programmed to reverse engineer DS and (the few) DSi ROMS.
You're going to need to get off your wallet and drop a few [insert currency here] for another cart.

Reactions: MAXLEMPIRA

xecqtor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
im currently talking with the supercard team

we all know the hardware is enough and much more than the gateway and also has the ability to get an upgrade
if you regret you're a dump go hang yourself, i don't care

a user called money as problem and that is the main thing
why not produce a new card as they already producing with same hardware and sell it like the gateway to get much more money ?
if it would be an upgrade only it could be also with upgrade fee which should be accopmlished somehow so they can spend much more hardware costs

that is a hard decision and that is a problem for us
the loader and the gateway installation have just to be decrypted/ reverse engineerd, so that dstwo has own loader with much better programming sources
so we may use installation on sd card only and as you know you dont have to use a hardware based flashcard,

3ds can play from SD cards, the damn titles from eShop so dont troll on hardware shit
we clearly see the gateway has all main components from dstwo, the dstwo has much more

mail them and hope whatever

Bonny

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Will dstwo be eventually updated to play 3ds games?

No. Why sould the Supercard Team do such a thing, even it it would be possible? Such a big feature... they would publish a whole new card. Companies are a commercial thing. They are no charity society!

Reactions: cearp

MHDEN

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So lets close this thread .

What we learned .

The Gateway and DsTwo HAVE the same hardware .
yes it can be, it is not necessary as hardware is same as the red gateway
dstwo3dscomparisionefshd.jpg

the hardware is almost the same and only the exploit is important
if team supercard could port and reverse engineer the exploit from gateway they could create their own

the loader is 1 mb big and i dont think it is full of code only, 1 mb fake dump for security i think

The DsTwo probably CAN play 3Ds games .

The Supercard team will most likely NOT make the DsTwo play 3Ds games as to publish a card corny named DsThree.

The Supercard team has every right to do so because they can ,and also they are people and need money to feed themselfs .

THREAD CLOSED!

MHDEN

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The DS2 as of now CANT play 3ds games . It has the ability to do so, given that the gateway and ds2 hardware are the same . Its up to the Supercard team to reverse engineer the Gateway and make an update...... IF they want too ... not lickely if you ask me.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Guys, the chip is an FPGA. It's programmable as to what it is. The DSTwo made a large portion of theirs into a CPU (with RAM).

From what I know of FPGAs, they have portions that can be reprogrammed (usually overwriting data for a new bootloader sequence to bypass DSi/3DS checks), and portions that can't. I'm pretty sure the CPU portion, which takes up a lot, cannot.

Reactions: NEP

Deltaechoe

The Dopefish
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, I suppose it's technically possible to do it, note TECHNICALLY POSSIBLE, but considering the hardware and software implications it is extremely improbable that this will actually happen. To further the notion that this won't happen it would also not be cost effective to update the existing card. Much more revenue can be made by releasing a new flashcart and you can bet that the supercard team will take the higher revenue route.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
For starters, the cartridge for the gateway has a 3DS cartridge notch in the upper corner that tells the system its a 3DS cartridge.

No it doesn't - the notch is empty and does nothing. You can shave it off if you want, that's not how the 3DS recognizes the cartridge - it recognizes it using boot code.

In any case, the way I see it "no, it cannot", however I'm willing to change my mind if there's sufficient proof to prove otherwise. As it stands today, 3DS games load in a very particular fashion which cannot be replicated on anything other than the Gateway.

The fact that the two boards have the same chips on them does not entail that they can do the same things. I'm willing to bet that you can find those Actel chips in anything from TV remotes to microwave ovens which doesn't make those devices 3DS flashcarts.

Microcontrollers are multi-purpose chips - depending on how you program them and how you solder them with other components they can perform a variety of tasks but that alone doesn't mean that you can re-purpose or even re-program a ready board to do something else entirely.

Why are they there then and why the stunning similarity? Because they're cheap, common, easy to put together and perform similar, note similar, not the same tasks on a very, very low level of things.

Reactions: cearp and NEP

xecqtor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
now you got it finally

my hope is that the loader can be ported with installing into sd cards of the 3DS through the exploit, so we wont need any flashcards anymore

they can do a software upgrade but they probably won't, why ? because they are still producing the same cards. So they could just bring out a new Flashcard with almost same hardware base and create an own loader, so they would make much money again.

im currently talking with all of these guys (supercard, gateway, 3DBrew)

trying to convince

lets hope this exploit is bringing us much more advantage than a noobish gateway stuff

Hanafuda

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Even if Supercard team figured it out, I wouldn't expect them to just distribute a firmware update for the DSTwo that would enable all current owners of DSTwo carts to start using them for 3DS roms too. There's no money in doing that. If the Supercard team, or anyone else in the market, figures out how to make use of Gateway's exploit, or come up with their own hack, they're going to make a whole new product, even if it could have been dropped onto the DSTwo as a simple firmware update.

That's what I would do, anyway. It's not like they could afford to just forfeit the opportunity to sell anything new to existing DSTwo owners for the 3DS's entire lifespan.

Punkonjunk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Guys, the chip is an FPGA. It's programmable as to what it is. The DSTwo made a large portion of theirs into a CPU (with RAM).

From what I know of FPGAs, they have portions that can be reprogrammed (usually overwriting data for a new bootloader sequence to bypass DSi/3DS checks), and portions that can't. I'm pretty sure the CPU portion, which takes up a lot, cannot.

It's an asic, purposebuilt. FPGA are the intermediary device that comes before an ASIC device. FPGA is a field-programmable gate-array, whereas this device is purpose-built; Application-specific integrated circuit, while how it does what it does is determined by firmware, instructions etc, what it does is pretty specific to the IC.
It's pretty clearly labeled as an asic.

This sort of thing would be much closer to the type of FPGA we'd see workin' with a 3ds: http://www.maxconsole.com/maxconsole/contents/RKLS00000013519/icon_xl.jpg

as the FPGA, in uses like this, are generally gigantic, maleable prototypes to hone in on the steps you need to take to move forward. The asic is the purposebuilt end-product.

Punkonjunk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
I think the short answer is

Possible:Yes, probably. Will it happen: NO.

Why would supercard make an already existing device work when it could release a new, almost identical device and get a lot more purchases?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it wasn't a question, it was fact
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grave shovel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh those goto the edge of the property (maybe just on the other side of)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On the neighbors side
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.the-sun.com/news/10907833/self-checkout-complaints-new-target-dollar-general-policies...