Hacking Will dstwo be eventually updated to play 3ds games?

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
It's an asic, purposebuilt. FPGA are the intermediary device that comes before an ASIC device. FPGA is a field-programmable gate-array, whereas this device is purpose-built; Application-specific integrated circuit, while how it does what it does is determined by firmware, instructions etc, what it does is pretty specific to the IC.
It's pretty clearly labeled as an asic.

This sort of thing would be much closer to the type of FPGA we'd see workin' with a 3ds: http://www.maxconsole.com/maxconsole/contents/RKLS00000013519/icon_xl.jpg

as the FPGA, in uses like this, are generally gigantic, maleable prototypes to hone in on the steps you need to take to move forward. The asic is the purposebuilt end-product.
That's like saying the 3DS isn't a video game system because the CTR dev unit is the video game system and the 3DS is the final result with changes locked.

But that was my point, that the chips used in flash carts, by the time they get to the end-user, only have small bits that can be changed.

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
I say shave the notch of the Gatway and see what DS does when you try to boot it. If nothing happens. Good chance you can't program the DSTWO to do the same for the 3DS. They likely won't anyway since they would want to create a new product to make money off of. :P

Chaldron

GBATemp's Official Attorney
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I say shave the notch of the Gatway and see what DS does when you try to boot it. If nothing happens. Good chance you can't program the DSTWO to do the same for the 3DS. They likely won't anyway since they would want to create a new product to make money off of. :P

I can understand this whole thread on a basic level, and I can tell you that this is not possible. The same reason you can't even boot 3DS games on a DS. This is because the DS will run a series of checks to see if the game is "legit" or not, and the 3DS will more than likely run different types of checks. The DS would have no clue what to do with the 3DS game so it would simply ignore it. It's kind of like sticking a Bluray into a DVD player, or putting a PS3 game into an Xbox.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States

hackotedelaplaqu

Trophies
Website
wiibrew.org
XP
Country
France
Back then, in order to actually run FlashMe, you would need a pass me device.

Not totaly true. Making 2 soldering points in contact did the same.
I flashed mine this way.

SL1_lite.jpg

umdking

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
....I think they would do it.....even though the gateway exploit files are most certainly encrypted meaning it isn't going to be any easier for anyone to crack them then it would be any other moder encryption.....Now that the gateway methods are in the wild I am sure the other major HK flash cart teams are digging into v4.5 3DS to see if they can discover the exploits that Gateway has found/used.

What in these gateway exploit files are pointers which contain addresses point to the RAM,so if you don't have a RAM dump,it's almost useless.And once you indeed get a RAM dump,maybe you don't need them anymore.GW is using rop chain(plus the Obfuscated coding),so it's difficult to know what exactly they did to the 3DS without a RAM dump.
I don't think Supercard or any CN/HK flashcart team can do the reverse engineering to the GW‘s work any time soon,simply because they probably don't even have a RAM dump.What they could do in order to earn money ASAP is making pure clones,without knowing how it works.
If you often walk around the official DStwo forum,you'll see that SC has little progress on 3DS scene in the past 2 years.
Things(esp tech things) could change as time goes by.In the old days,it won't take 2 more years to crack the DS.And reverse engineering was so easy by that time.
New techs required for 3DS cracking,esp on hardwares.
So I think SC won't make 3DS roms run on DStwo nor they will make a new product in a short time.I'm sure it's a tough task for SC/HK/CN teams.Although they eagerly want to get what GW has,they can't do it any time soon.

xecqtor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
The Exploit is the focus and not the flashcards.
All of these Cards could install the exploit.

The 3DS can buy games from eShop and download it to its SD card.
If you can put the loader into the SD Card through the exploit and recode access, you can load games from SD cards and even dump CPU Key and Ram with homebrew.

The Gateway team are not the biggest proffessionals, they just found an exploit, and put it into release to get money
now real coders should reverse engineer stuff and code own and better loaders and installers.

3DBrew and Supercard are the ones.
The best you can do is to donate here http://3dbrew.org/wiki/Fundraiser
they almost done collecting

Any Ace Card Pro analysis ?

MAXLEMPIRA

Legends are Made from True Stories...
Trophies
Website
maxlempira.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Mexico
Similar, yes, but not the same.

For starters, the cartridge for the gateway has a 3DS cartridge notch in the upper corner that tells the system its a 3DS cartridge.

How can a firmware update morph the physical characteristics of the cartridge?

hehe nice one :3

D

Deleted User

The Gateway team are not the biggest proffessionals, they just found an exploit, and put it into release to get money
now real coders should reverse engineer stuff and code own and better loaders and installers.

Y u so pessimistic about Gateway? They way I see it GW actually has experience with 3DS programming, and Supercard has .. well none.

And BTW, GW team has said they are working on a loader. So it just takes time. And the Supercard team will need alot more time to even get up to speed with 3DS programming.

Just my 2 cents

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
I can understand this whole thread on a basic level, and I can tell you that this is not possible. The same reason you can't even boot 3DS games on a DS. This is because the DS will run a series of checks to see if the game is "legit" or not, and the 3DS will more than likely run different types of checks. The DS would have no clue what to do with the 3DS game so it would simply ignore it. It's kind of like sticking a Bluray into a DVD player, or putting a PS3 game into an Xbox.

Probably should have mentioned I meant trying to use it to boot DS games on a DS. Obviously 3DS games aren't going to boot on a DS. :P

If the cart doesn't even show up in the DS menu even with a DS rom used on the red gateway, then I would bet the DSTwo can't be reprogrammed to allow 3DS game booting.

P

pasc

IIRC the notch is completely cosmetic in 3DS games. People have sawed off the notch in order to dump 3DS saves using a DS. The notch is there so people don't try to stick them in normal DS'.
They WHAT ?

Sources ? I need Sources !

Devin

"Local Hardware Wizard"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That seems good, however:

- is there a solution that does not require wifi ?
- does this work with all 3DS games, or does the support stop at Animal Crossing New Leaf ?

I only know of this and the R4i Save adapters.
I'm not sure if it stops at AC:NL or if it stops at the games with the newer encryption. Last update was April 4th, 2011.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: