Homebrew "Wiiu will now start updating"

fieryhellz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I turned on the internet to start the homebrew ( I blocked updates/downloads etc) But not through a DNS or proxy etc. So It downloads and now it keeps saying "wiiu will now start updating" so I powered it off to avoid it. Also say if i've installed games already through homebrew and then update will they still work?

Thanks again.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I turned on the internet to start the homebrew ( I blocked updates/downloads etc) But not through a DNS or proxy etc. So It downloads and now it keeps saying "wiiu will now start updating" so I powered it off to avoid it. Also say if i've installed games already through homebrew and then update will they still work?

Thanks again.
It's safe to update, 5.5.2 still works with homebrew.
But if you don't have Haxchi or CBHC I would recommend installing that first (it can still be done after, but the 5.5.2 browser exploit is less stable)

fieryhellz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
It's safe to update, 5.5.2 still works with homebrew.
But if you don't have Haxchi or CBHC I would recommend installing that first (it can still be done after, but the 5.5.2 browser exploit is less stable)

But if I update won't that make the games i've already installed unusable? Also what do you mean by unstable? Does it just not work all the time or something? But that Haxchi sounds way to confusing if im honest.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
But if I update won't that make the games i've already installed unusable? Also what do you mean by unstable? Does it just not work all the time or something? But that Haxchi sounds way to confusing if im honest.
It only works some of the time. Games will work just as they did before.
Haxchi is easy, you just edit the config file and run the installer from HBL (once you have a legit DS VC game installed, of course)

Reactions: fieryhellz

fieryhellz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
They'll work just as they did before. That is, they require CFW to be ran first to work.

But when I boot my WiiU up normally I don't have to open homebrew before running a game? I might have misunderstood what you just said but if you mean installing the games then yeah ill probably just install everything before the wiiu decides to update(its already downloaded it even though I turned off auto updates) Nintendo have to ruin everything.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
He saying if he updates, not about the exploit
Regardless, it works the exact same before and after the update, the only difference is that a different (less stable) browser exploit has to be used.
But when I boot my WiiU up normally I don't have to open homebrew before running a game? I might have misunderstood what you just said but if you mean installing the games then yeah ill probably just install everything before the wiiu decides to update(its already downloaded it even though I turned off auto updates) Nintendo have to ruin everything.
It's not needed for retail releases. Only for DLC and eShop exclusives.

Reactions: fieryhellz

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: ballcock