Hacking WiiU VC game injection working on 5.3.2

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
@VinsCool can you make a video of this inject on your Wii U like you did for Mario Golf, Yoshi's Story and Goldeneye 007?
yeah he can show both castlevania games runing perfectly xD

btw Now that i have a on boot sysnand with patched sigs thanks to CBHC1 does anyone know a way to repack a vc inject back into an instalable format to isntall on wiiu main menu?

Reactions: CatmanFan

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
@VinsCool can you make a video of this inject on your Wii U like you did for Mario Golf, Yoshi's Story and Goldeneye 007?
Well I'm currently at work so I can't try for now. But if noone else did a video until later tonight, I'll try to make a quick video.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Alright, so I confirm the Castlevania Legacy of Darkness works perfectly. Used Pedro's ini and injected over Excitebike 64 on sysnand, because I can :P

I'll eat then make a quick video :)
if you change the original castlevania header to match castlevania 2 and use the same ini it will also work perfectly xD.

007 goldeneye fix, or continues with the problems ?
unless someone from nintendo makes more fixes to that game we cant fix it.

Reactions: VinsCool

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Goddamnit, all these awesome N64 games and Nintendo just had to fuck up with the gamma and resolution for the N64 VC :(
I just wish there was a way to finally be able to play these games in full resolution without the gamme shit, since it seems that this is going to be the best we'll have for N64 on the Wii U for quite some time.

Last edited by ShadowOne333,

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Got mario party 1 and 3 ntsc running perfectly with no bugs basiclay like before i used a dump of original mp2 but probably can be done on other latter releases.

MP1 and MP3 perfect, use mp2 ini by nintendo and change the header of both games to match the mario party 2 header.

FOR MARIO PARTY 3 ONLY extra step- open mario party 2 ini by nintendo and change backup type to 0 and backupsize to 2048

Last edited by pedro702,

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Got amrio party 1 and 3 ntsc running perfectly with no bugs basiclay like before i used a dump of original mp2 but probably can be done on other latter releases.

MP1 and MP3 perfect, use mp2 ini by nintendo and change the header of both games to match the mario party 2 header.
You are on fire dude :P
You are certainly making it up for the lack of Mupen64 on RetroArch for Wii U.

I wanted to ask you about the Resident Evil 2 one you got working at the start of all of this mess.
Have you noticed that if you reenter the game in loadiine form a suspended point you get major slowdown?
Or is it only on my side?

I am using the Japanese Biohazard 2 injection you made sometime ago, and just wanted to know if it was something on my side or if it was indeed the injection itself.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
You are on fire dude :P
You are certainly making it up for the lack of Mupen64 on RetroArch for Wii U.

I wanted to ask you about the Resident Evil 2 one you got working at the start of all of this mess.
Have you noticed that if you reenter the game in loadiine form a suspended point you get major slowdown?
Or is it only on my side?

I am using the Japanese Biohazard 2 injection you made sometime ago, and just wanted to know if it was something on my side or if it was indeed the injection itself.
probably the injection and codding i guess, for me it always frooze when shooting too often lol.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
probably the injection and codding i guess, for me it always frooze when shooting too often lol.
Weird as I never got that issue you mention O.o
It's always the slowdown when I go back to it from a suspended point.
Once the suspended point loads and you get to another point in which the camera switches, the major slowdown begins.
I haven't heard anyone else mentioning it, that's why I wanted to ask.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Weird as I never got that issue you mention O.o
It's always the slowdown when I go back to it from a suspended point.
Once the suspended point loads and you get to another point in which the camera switches, the major slowdown begins.
I haven't heard anyone else mentioning it, that's why I wanted to ask.
tbh i never tryed it for more than 3 minutes since im not a re fan lol maybe it was the loadiine evrsion i was using who knows :P

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
tbh i never tryed it for more than 3 minutes since im not a re fan lol maybe it was the loadiine evrsion i was using who knows :P
Oh haha maybe that was it, you didn't get to a suspended point to load back :P
I am using the latest Loadiine Y-mod, and also I changed the vessel.rpx to match that of the latest N64 dump (the Majora's Mask one I believe), and I still get the same issue.

xtheman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure if this has been reported or not but I think I will report this.
GTA chinatown wars still has graphical issues with SM64DS as a base however at certain random points (Specifically driving cars or getting wasted) the game will look near perfect with no graphical issues at all. I'll post pictures later but I just wanted to post this. I'll also upload a 100% save state that has no graphical issues in case you want to mess around with the game. (The game was installed with a different title id.)

Last edited by xtheman,

Rockman55

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can anyone share the working N64 Castlevania injections in any way? I don't have the technical skills to do my own injections. If possible, just make them available and point me in the general direction without violating the rules.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I liked the cameo the original cast did
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, I heard a member of the original cast died
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Rest of the plot was just average
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Egon was the best character
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    My favorite was the Key master in the first one, "Ok, who brought the dog?" - Rick Moranis
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Was way better than that ghostbusters: frozen in women power one
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It was kind of a passing the torch idea which I didn't hate finally
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    The old Ghostbuster video game was pretty good also, newer one is just ok.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Gotta be more specific nes one was garbage 360 was decent
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea 360/ps3 one I meant, I don't remember the Nes one tbh
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea I never played that one.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, me neither
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @K3Nv2 gotta be more specific, there were 2 on the NES and one of them was pretty decent
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Well it's probably the one youtube link I posted
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    deleted my newgrounds account
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    bc of shame
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You have shame?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, made a new one
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yawn
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, who would win
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Every character from HH/HB (hazbin hotel/helluva boss) VS Dante (devil may cry), Doom Guy (doom) and V1(ultrakill)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Fairly odd parents
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Fairly odd parents