Hacking WiiU VC game injection working on 5.3.2

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did the same thing but it didn't load, i wonder why, does the loadiine or system version used have anything to do with it or is it the settings?

I don't know for sure, I made the injection for it some time ago, that's really weird that it doesn't work, I'll need to see what I did.

Shadow$2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quick question does anyone know if we can somehow transfer pokemon from pokemon stadium from a pc emulator to another pokemon stadium using the Wii U? I mean if i save pokemon from my pc can i use some sort of save file to the wii u one?

fiveighteen

Distractible Dabbler
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quick question does anyone know if we can somehow transfer pokemon from pokemon stadium from a pc emulator to another pokemon stadium using the Wii U? I mean if i save pokemon from my pc can i use some sort of save file to the wii u one?
Start Pokemon Stadium on the Wii U and start a new game. Turn off the Wii U and put your SD card in your PC. Go to SD:\wiiu\saves\Pokemon Stadium [ID6]\80000001\ and replace the .sav with your emulator .sav. Considering you can use .Z64 ROMs on both emulators and on Wii U, the save should also be compatible.

Note: I don't know if Pokemon Stadium is even compatible, but the above should work for any compatible ROM.

Shadow$2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the reply and i have done something like that.

I started playing pokemon stadium on wii u using loadiine, at the same time i had an emulator on my pc and i had pokemon thanks to the transfer pak thing however i couldn't figure out how to move the pokemon from my pc emulator the the wii u pokemon stadium

Daisy

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hey, when I try to load TWEWY via Loadiine (Mii Maker mode), it crashes after you escape the first battle. I think this is the first instance of which it saves, if that's any help. I have a PAL console on 5.5.1.

Any suggestions?

Walo

Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Hey, when I try to load TWEWY via Loadiine (Mii Maker mode), it crashes after you escape the first battle. I think this is the first instance of which it saves, if that's any help. I have a PAL console on 5.5.1.

Any suggestions?
I remember it being a huge issue with flash cards on DS, not because of antipiracy but because of the speed of the sd card made the cut scene freeze. There was an edited rom floating around that edited the cutscene so it played no problem but no idea where to find it today.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I just wanted to drop by and mention the following:

ddd dumps and RAM dumps (with PyGecko or TCPGecko) for NES/SNES VC ROMs are COMPLETELY DIFFERENT from each other.

Here's the reason:

NES and SNES games have the ROM included inside the RPX file.
Now, the very same RPX file contains specific ARM code which functions similar to that of a IPS/Xdelta patch, or whatever patch you use for hacks.
The ARM code inside the RPX goes to a specific location inside the RPX file and replaces a particular set of bytes with a new set.

If you use the usual method of dumping ROMs by trimming down the RPX file, then you'll get the original, unmodified ROM of the game.
A clear example of this are both versions of Mother 2 and EarthBound, they use specific ARM code to modify certain lines of text in the game once the VC title is launched (sort of an on-the-fly patching).

Although, if you use the RAM dumping method in which you start at memory area 10 and start dumping, you will get the patched ROM!

Me and some other users from Starmen.net PK Hack forums did this and we did find differences between the original RPX trimmed ROM and the RAM dumped ROM for Mother 2.

So, if any of you guys plan on dumping both NES or SNES games, I suggest going for the RAM method of dumping the ROM to get the updated/patched version of the ROM.

Gullwing

homo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Any suggestions?

This happens to me as well. Any suggestions? Would love to replay the game.

fiveighteen

Distractible Dabbler
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When injecting a smaller NES/SNES ROM into a larger base game, do you need to pad it with FF's, or does Nintendo's emulator read the filesize out of the header and know when to stop reading data?

(@pedro702)

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon [USA]
Goemon's Great Adventure [USA]

-Both working with custom ini injecting into [Mario Golf - US]
-Mempak's break the game, use save points in VC

-added to compat list.

I knew Mystical Ninja worked, didn't know about Goemon's Great Adventure.

AlanLC

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
N64 Virtual Console

ForceFilterPoint = 1 (No Blur but Pixelizade Textures)

Attachments

• WiiU_screenshot_TV_004A1 (1).jpg
    WiiU_screenshot_TV_004A1 (1).jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 215
  • WiiU_screenshot_TV_004A1.jpg
    WiiU_screenshot_TV_004A1.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 186
Last edited by AlanLC,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users