Hacking WiiU VC game injection working on 5.3.2

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
xD Yeah, pretty much what you want.

Also, reading the first couple of pages, for n64 (which is what I'm targeting), the config files should be the same between versions? So it should work fine?
no they arent, pal and ntsc n64 configs of the same game are very diferent.
but fore snes,nes,nds and gba every region is fine.

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
no they arent, pal and ntsc n64 configs of the same game are very diferent.
but fore snes,nes,nds and gba every region is fine.
Hmm I tried injecting PAL SNES Zelda into NTSC SNES Zelda which didn't work.
Injecting it into PAL SNES Super Metroid instead (thx to you) worked in an instant. So this seems like a false theory, doesn't it?

Last edited by lordelan,

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
i may have been size difference, or the US LTTP has some specific patches applied to it that break the PAL version, i had injected a game that ended up making the audio messed up but when injected into a different title it worked fine, so as always mileage may vary depending on what game you use as the base.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
no wii injection ? there are wii VC games why aren't there any wii injection ?
theres no such thing as wii injection, wii games on wiiu e shop are not VC titles they are full wii games that will run on vwii once you start them they basicaly only have a shortcut on the wiiu menu, you can neither dump them or do anything to them since once you start one you loose all wiiu hacks since the console goes to vwii.

Can you replace config files as well as the roms?
obviously...

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
theres no such thing as wii injection, wii games on wiiu e shop are not VC titles they are full wii games that will run on vwii once you start them they basicaly only have a shortcut on the wiiu menu, you can neither dump them or do anything to them since once you start one you loose all wiiu hacks since the console goes to vwii.

Although I knew that already I wonder where they're installed.
Also can someone with an eShop Wii game tell me what happens when you start and end it?
Does the vWii boot screen show up and is it as slow as booting vWii and launching disc channel there would be?
And after ending are you returning to vWii home menu or Wii U home menu?

cros107

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

obviously...

What about injecting games into wiivc?

cros107

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Why would you do that?
Do you mean injecting a SNES rom into a Wii VC SNES game which you got from Nintendo Shop Channel (or wad)?
Well, any rom. Particulary n64, which is what I'll mainly be using, but yeah. Wiivc games from the wii shop. And what's wad?

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Well, any rom. Particulary n64, which is what I'll mainly be using, but yeah. Wiivc games from the wii shop. And what's wad?
That's already possible and done a lot the last few years as far as I know but it's somehow easier to just use a homebrew app like a N64 emulator inside your vWii/Wii to enjoy N64 games.
Beside some compatibility issues there's no big difference between playing N64 games as injected VC games or using an emulator from the homebrew channel (or Wii flow).
Everyone (me included) is just prefering Wii U VC injections over Wii VC injections because with Wii U injections you can use the gamepad to control the games. So it's no problem to play classic SNES or N64 games with your gamepad only while the TV is off.

Wad files contain VC games, Wiiware games or channels and can be installed through a wad installer homebrew app on vWii/Wii.

Of course the vWii/Wii must be softmodded before you can use homebrew apps like an emulator or a wad installer.

Last edited by lordelan,
Reactions: ajd4096

bootmonster

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone know a way for GBA VC to hide or disable the question mark in the bottom left corner? I have only tried the Minish Cap but does it appear in all GBA VC on Wii U? And also on the injects?

If they are tga files stores somewhere in 'alldata.bin' hopefully it should be fairly easy to replace with a black image?

Pikachuk

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I tried to inject smash 64 pal with the trick of changing game id to pal but i've the error message "this game is not compatible with this console"

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Nobody is reading what you post.