Hacking WiiU VC game injection working on 5.3.2

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I guess an injection FAQ or general wiki would be nice for absolute noobies cause there doesn't seem to be one around says uncle Google.

I'd do it myself but I guess there are far better guys with far more knowledge and far better english to do so.

Glink

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
This kind of question may have been answered already.

Super Mario Advance 4: Super Mario Bros 3 - Got the special VC version as a GBA rom, done some e-card scanning* and now I'm curious if the .sav file can be transferred over to Wii U as a gba save file or is that impossible with the current tech.

* World-e to have reserved Boomerang, x999 lives and the main SMB3 file to have Cape/Boomerang in item box, turn on e-switches to have Luigi's signature physics, etc.

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
This kind of question may have been answered already.

Super Mario Advance 4: Super Mario Bros 3 - Got the special VC version as a GBA rom, done some e-card scanning* and now I'm curious if the .sav file can be transferred over to Wii U as a gba save file or is that impossible with the current tech.

* World-e to have reserved Boomerang, x999 lives and the main SMB3 file to have Cape/Boomerang in item box, turn on e-switches to have Luigi's signature physics, etc.
That's a thing I'm curious about as well.

Are VC savefiles (the native game saves accessed from in game pause menu, not the save states) compatible with savefiles I get from emulator+rom usage on PC, Androidphone, Wii Homebrew emulators or whatever?

And if yes - how are they accessed?

That'd be such great news as I could continue playing my Dragon Quest Monsters (Gameboy Color) savegame which I'm playing for over a decade now (first on PC, then transfered to my Android phone) on a Wii U with injected DQM rom.

Last edited by lordelan,

Intronaut

A star maker
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
I have two questions:
-I want to inject star wars shadows of the empire and star wars rogue squadron. Where I can find the config.ini files?
-I downloaded a banjo kazooie rom already injected in a vc game. However, the resolution is smaller than others vc games. How can i fix it?

Thanks in advance

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
I have two questions:
-I want to inject star wars shadows of the empire and star wars rogue squadron. Where I can find the config.ini files?
-I downloaded a banjo kazooie rom already injected in a vc game. However, the resolution is smaller than others vc games. How can i fix it?

Thanks in advance
For the first one, did you try it with any config? Or a blank one? We never know.

As for Banjo Kazooie, I have no idea about this.

Pachee

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's a thing I'm curious about as well.

Are VC savefiles (the native game saves accessed from in game pause menu, not the save states) compatible with savefiles I get from emulator+rom usage on PC, Androidphone, Wii Homebrew emulators or whatever?

And if yes - how are they accessed?

That'd be such great news as I could continue playing my Dragon Quest Monsters (Gameboy Color) savegame which I'm playing for over a decade now (first on PC, then transfered to my Android phone) on a Wii U with injected DQM rom.
It should work, i didn't try that but the save files seem to be normal battery files. Just copy them and try it.
They are on your SD card (loadiine), unless there is some other way of extracting from the console (official VC), which probably there isn't.

Last edited by Pachee,

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Is there a tutorial for this? (The OP is a bit hard to understand, as I am a noob to Wii U and don;t know all the terms). Also, I know you can't give links to rom sites but what file extension will a n64 rom have (that's appropriate for VC injection) and about how big would a banjo kazooie rom be?

Also, for n64 games do we need to have a bought copy of Donkey Kong 64? If so, is this the right thing to use to spoof the eShop on Wii U: https://gbatemp.net/threads/nnu-patcher-a-patcher-to-temporarily-use-the-eshop.398554/ Just wondering because it is a bit old (Oct '15). Thanks!

Reactions: SlimPortable

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Is there a tutorial for this? (The OP is a bit hard to understand, as I am a noob to Wii U and don;t know all the terms). Also, I know you can't give links to rom sites but what file extension will a n64 rom have (that's appropriate for VC injection) and about how big would a banjo kazooie rom be?

Also, for n64 games do we need to have a bought copy of Donkey Kong 64? If so, is this the right thing to use to spoof the eShop on Wii U: https://gbatemp.net/threads/nnu-patcher-a-patcher-to-temporarily-use-the-eshop.398554/ Just wondering because it is a bit old (Oct '15). Thanks!

Technically you don't need to have purchased any VC game, as there are Loadiine dumps of games floating around. It's been a while since I've messed with N64, but the ROM is a loose file named weirdly (it depends on the base VC game you get), but it's obvious that it's the ROM once you look at its file size, since it's the biggest thing in the folders.

For DS, there's a zip file that you need to stick a ROM.NDS into, if I recall.

The other systems are a bit trickier. GBA needs a script to inject into alldata.bin ( https://gbatemp.net/threads/gba-injection.405340 ). SNES/NES have the ROM embedded directly into the RPX, so you'll need to use https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-how-to-decompress-and-repack-rpx-rpl-files.399934/ to turn your RPX into an ELF, use something like the tool I wrote ( https://gbatemp.net/threads/wip-s-nesinject-a-rom-injector-tool-for-loadiine.404017/ ) to inject a ROM into the ELF file, then use an unfortunately illegal SDK tool to convert the ELF back into an RPX.

Reactions: eco95

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Technically you don't need to have purchased any VC game, as there are Loadiine dumps of games floating around. It's been a while since I've messed with N64, but the ROM is a loose file named weirdly (it depends on the base VC game you get), but it's obvious that it's the ROM once you look at its file size, since it's the biggest thing in the folders.

Would I be looking for a rom of Donkey Kong 64 to use with Loadiine then a rom of Banjo Kazooie, or am I looking for a rom of Donkey Kong 64 with Banjo Kazooie injected in it? (Confused as to meaning of "base VC game").

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Would I be looking for a rom of Donkey Kong 64 to use with Loadiine then a rom of Banjo Kazooie, or am I looking for a rom of Donkey Kong 64 with Banjo Kazooie injected in it? (Confused as to meaning of "base VC game").

Base VC game means the game you initially start with, for example, if you bought Donkey Kong 64 off the eShop, that'd be the base game you're using to inject N64 games with (but N64 isn't really injection, per se..it's just replacing the ROM and possibly tweaking one of the ini files). Base VC game is more important for SNES and NES injection, for example, because Donkey Kong Country is a 4MB game, while others, like Super Metroid, are 3.5MB, meaning you can't inject games that are quite as large into those.

fatsquirrel

Trophies
XP
Country
Hey guys, I need a quick and dirty answer.
How do I load DS games into Loadiine OR is it even possible? I know you are talking about injections here but I dont have Kawashima game or any other VC for that matter.
Is it still possible to play DS games on WiiU via Loadiine? Or am I just being silly?

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
How do I load DS games into Loadiine OR is it even possible? I know you are talking about injections here but I dont have Kawashima game or any other VC for that matter.
Is it still possible to play DS games on WiiU via Loadiine? Or am I just being silly?
if you have a dump of a ds vC title then yes lol same way you can load a game you dont have the disc you need a dump like everything else lol.

fiveighteen

Distractible Dabbler
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Technically you don't need to have purchased any VC game, as there are Loadiine dumps of games floating around.
(snip)
For DS, there's a zip file that you need to stick a ROM.NDS into, if I recall.
Dump DS game or find a Loadiine-compatible one already made online. Open folders and find the ROM zip. Drag wanted ROM into the zip folder containing the original ROM. Delete old ROM out of the zip. Rename wanted ROM to filename of original. Put on SD. Run with Loadiine. :yay:

fatsquirrel

Trophies
XP
Country
Im literally sitting here with a boner now. FANTASTIC!!!
On some shady site i found a tool called Nds2WiiU. Is this legit?
Can I just...put a rom (of a game I own) into it and ...viola thats it? Or should I follow your procedure fiveghteen?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    I @ idonthave: :)