Ryanrocks462

Wii U/3DS Hacker.. Will test anything, A Pirate
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They are waiting , I'm on 5.0 now and had to disable the wifi to stop the updates , the router shit isn't and didn't work for me before.
Until the WiiU has at least 300 new games ( not rehashes ) I don't think we will see an exploit.

i think we will ;)

D

Deleted User

They are waiting , I'm on 5.0 now and had to disable the wifi to stop the updates , the router shit isn't and didn't work for me before.
Until the WiiU has at least 300 new games ( not rehashes ) I don't think we will see an exploit.

How close are we to 300 new games ?

WulfyStylez

SALT/Bemani Princess
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would like to know this as well. It would set my mind at ease if I knew it still existed in 5.1

It's not patched, obviously. Literally only two people have it right now, and it's gonna stay that way for a while it seems. Heck, the way things are going we might even end up with two separate ones.

Rinnux

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's not patched, obviously. Literally only two people have it right now, and it's gonna stay that way for a while it seems. Heck, the way things are going we might even end up with two separate ones.

Well crediar said (i think, please correct me if I'm wrong), that ppc was updated in 5.1 so it could have been patched. Or there was something updated in 5.1 that could have patched the kernel exploit.

Ryanrocks462

Wii U/3DS Hacker.. Will test anything, A Pirate
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would like to know this as well. It would set my mind at ease if I knew it still existed in 5.1

chadderz updated his console in a live a stream on twitch to 5.1.0
Well crediar said (i think, please correct me if I'm wrong), that ppc was updated in 5.1 so it could have been patched. Or there was something updated in 5.1 that could have patched the kernel exploit.
chadderz updated their console to 5.1.0 during a twitch live stream and no bad news from them. http://www.twitch.tv/mrbean35000vr/b/554558755 around 5hr 46 min in to the stream
but he does have 2 wiiU's so maybe
Chadderz was it patched? in 5.1.0

Reactions: emo kid 68

Chadderz

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.chadsoft.co.uk
XP
Country
chadderz updated his console in a live a stream on twitch to 5.1.0
chadderz updated their console to 5.1.0 during a twitch live stream and no bad news from them. http://www.twitch.tv/mrbean35000vr/b/554558755 around 5hr 46 min in to the stream
but he does have 2 wiiU's so maybe
Chadderz was it patched? in 5.1.0
We have two Wii Us, one is 5.1.0, one is 4.1.0. I still haven't tested my exploit, but since it has not been distributed to anyone, nor have I discussed with anyone how it works, it is unlikely for Nintendo to have patched it, as that would mean they found it too, and it is non-obvious.

filfat

CTO @ Nordcom Group Inc.
Trophies
Website
www.sweetsideofsweden.com
XP
Country
Sweden
and you don't have any parental controls to block updates in your router? i use these url's and it always blocks any updates
nus.cdn.wup.shop.nintendo.net
nus.wup.shop.nintendo.net
a1796.g.akamai.net

heres where i block mine ---firewall-parental controlsView attachment 9493
On topic:
I would recommend blocking *.Nintendo.com too ;)

off topic:
SAY WUUUT? You have a MAC??? A freaking Mac?... I don't know if I'm supposed to laugh or to cry... Its okay, let the pain out ;)

Reactions: Huntereb

GorTesK

Mad Hatter
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
off topic:
SAY WUUUT? You have a MAC??? A freaking Mac?... I don't know if I'm supposed to laugh or to cry... Its okay, let the pain out ;)

what's it always with your hatred against everything not-windows-y ?
I use a pc with windows on it myself, but I don't see the need to offend everyone who doesn't o.O
its not the first time I see nonsense like that from you and I find it highly inappropriate and childish
if someone uses another system/program/os or whatever than you, then let them be - it is not your place to judge someone

Reactions: Ryanrocks462

filfat

CTO @ Nordcom Group Inc.
Trophies
Website
www.sweetsideofsweden.com
XP
Country
Sweden
what's it always with your hatred against everything not-windows-y ?
I use a pc with windows on it myself, but I don't see the need to offend everyone who doesn't o.O
its not the first time I see nonsense like that from you and I find it highly inapropriate and childish
if someone uses another system/program/os or whatever than, then let them be - it is not your place to judge someone
I was joking on the off topic part hence the ";)" XD
But lets face it OSX is overpriced.

Reactions: Huntereb

alphamule

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it wrong that I think a purist should be running FreeBSD on their Mac?

TBH, I think Apple's OS is one of the few worse than Windows in one specific way - I feel like an Uncle Tom every time I show someone how to use a Mac. Teaching people to buy locked-in products is so 1980's Nintendo! (or 2000's Sony) ;)

Gotta laugh at the irony of people dogging a Mac user for proprietary OS when we're on a game console site. :grin:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-