Hacking WiiU List of system updates on disc

bt04

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What is the rest of the YWW version? Like for SSB you posted 101986A.

I haven't figured out if the thing we need to be watching for is "WUP P AXFE USZ 101986A" on the box or "WUP-P-AXFE 04 JPN S0" on the disc.
Sorry, I don't have the box for Yoshi's Wooly World, so I can't tell which numbers were on it, but I see that you've identified three different boxes boxes for the USA version of this game
https://gbatemp.net/threads/yoshi-wooly-word-usa-version-5-3-2.399845/page-2#post-5746592
I think we need someone with the 101994A (amibo bundle) or 101997A box to confirm if the disc has WUP-P-AYCE 00 JPN S0 on the bottom side inner circle of the disc to know for sure.

Reactions: fiveighteen

ja450n

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Amiibo bundle i got for Yoshi's Wooly World has 5.3.2:

Box : WUP R AYCE USZ 101994A
Case: WUP P AYCE USZ 101997A
Disc Top: WUP-P-AYCE-USA-0 Model no WUP-006(USA)
Disc Bottom: WUP-P-AYCE-00 JPN S0

~edit, adding disc bottom

Last edited by ja450n,

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
I found this thread with a Google search; I have a Wii U with system update of about 4 point something, and when I put in my new NintendoLand disk it tried to update. But this guide says it should have 1.0.1?
Does anyone know the answer to this question? I want to play Nintendoland but I don't want to update past 5.3.2. Thanks.

fiveighteen

Distractible Dabbler
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry, I don't have the box for Yoshi's Wooly World, so I can't tell which numbers were on it, but I see that you've identified three different boxes boxes for the USA version of this game
https://gbatemp.net/threads/yoshi-wooly-word-usa-version-5-3-2.399845/page-2#post-5746592
I think we need someone with the 101994A (amibo bundle) or 101997A box to confirm if the disc has WUP-P-AYCE 00 JPN S0 on the bottom side inner circle of the disc to know for sure.
The Amiibo bundle i got for Yoshi's Wooly World has 5.3.2:

Box : WUP R AYCE USZ 101994A
Case: WUP P AYCE USZ 101997A
Disc: WUP-P-AYCE-USA-0 Model no WUP-006(USA)
Hmm.. so that seems to confirm that 101994A box and 101997A game are 5.3.2. If the number after the USA/JPN is higher than zero does that mean it's > 5.3.2? Still some mysteries to solve lol. Thanks for this information @ja450n

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Does anyone know the answer to this question? I want to play Nintendoland but I don't want to update past 5.3.2. Thanks.
That seems reallllly fishy... Nintendo Land is one of the oldest games. If it's asking you to update, it has to be a re-print. Out of curiosity, what is the code on the case and disc? See ja450n's post above yours for an example of what the numbers should look like (or below).

My Nintendo Land (came with SM3DW bundle in Dec 2014):
Case: WUP P ALCE USZ 78974A Made in USA
Disc: WUP-P-ALCE-USA-0 Model No. WUP-006 (USA)

Last edited by fiveighteen,

bt04

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm.. so that seems to confirm that 101994A box and 101997A game are 5.3.2. It seems like some discs are made in USA and some are made in JPN.. so is it that all JPN are updated or only if the number after the USA/JPN is higher than zero? Still some mysteries to solve lol. Thanks for this information @ja450n

I have a disc that matches @ja450n on the top: WUP-P-AYCE-USA-0 Model no WUP-006(USA)
And has this number on the bottom: WUP-P-AYCE 00 JPN S0

I'm pretty sure this is the USA version of the game and was made in Japan. This seems to be confirmed by our versions of smash brothers.

My smash brothers
box: WUP P AXFE USZ 101986A Made in Japan
disc top: WUP-P-AXFE-USA-0 Model No WUP-006(USA)
disc bottom: WUP-P-AXFE 04 JPN S0

@fiveighteen disc:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/yoshi-wooly-word-usa-version-5-3-2.399845/page-3#post-5778904
box: WUP P AXFE USZ 83664A Made in USA
disc top: WUP-P-AXFE-USA-0 Model No. WUP-006(USA)

So, I wouldn't pay any attention to the numbers printed on the top of the disc. Only the box, and perhaps the disc bottom are important.

Wii Enthusiast

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Please update Super Smash Bros Wii U because there is a second version in stores as well. Now that xenoblade chronicles x works with loadline I went out and bought Smash Bros last night and I checked this listed first and it said it has 5.2.0 which is what I was running. I got home and wanted to play some but it had an update on disc of 5.4.0 and it updated my Wii U. On the box it says it is version WUP P AXFE USZ 101986A Made in Japan.

fiveighteen

Distractible Dabbler
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a disc that matches @ja450n on the top: WUP-P-AYCE-USA-0 Model no WUP-006(USA)
And has this number on the bottom: WUP-P-AYCE 00 JPN S0

I'm pretty sure this is the USA version of the game and was made in Japan. This seems to be confirmed by our versions of smash brothers.

My smash brothers
box: WUP P AXFE USZ 101986A Made in Japan
disc top: WUP-P-AXFE-USA-0 Model No WUP-006(USA)
disc bottom: WUP-P-AXFE 04 JPN S0

@fiveighteen disc:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/yoshi-wooly-word-usa-version-5-3-2.399845/page-3#post-5778904
box: WUP P AXFE USZ 83664A Made in USA
disc top: WUP-P-AXFE-USA-0 Model No. WUP-006(USA)

So, I wouldn't pay any attention to the numbers printed on the top of the disc. Only the box, and perhaps the disc bottom are important.
Looks like we cracked that then. The bottom of my Smash Bros. says WUP-P-AXFE 00 USA S0.

@Wii Enthusiast can you tell us what is on the front and back of your disc? The back of the disc can be especially hard to read, but it's on the inner ring.

Reactions: bt04

Cyberevan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
That's why im too careful in buying games at stores right now... Just wanted to be sure and safe, can someone please post the box code and disc code of Mario Party 10 USA that comes with 5.3.2 update... Thanks in advance

bt04

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's why im too careful in buying games at stores right now... Just wanted to be sure and safe, can someone please post the box code and disc code of Mario Party 10 USA that comes with 5.3.2 update... Thanks in advance

There's a great list of firmware versions here and it seems to be kept up to date.
http://wiiubrew.net/Firmware/WiiUDiscFirmware.html

It's got all of the Smash Bros and Yoshi Wooly World versions that have been causing me trouble listed and I only see one for Mario Party 10, so you are pretty safe that it will be a 5.3.2 version. However, more info is always better if someone can take a look at the box and post a number. You never know when a new version might be released.

fiveighteen

Distractible Dabbler
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That is what im afraid of, maybe there are reprints of the game already thats why im wanting to know the original box code of mario party 10 when it came out..
I don't think MP10 has sold enough to warrant a reprint yet. I bet they're still on first shipments. I'd risk it.

Another idea (if video stores are commonplace in your country), would be to go look at the game case at the video store and rent it. If it works without issue, then you know what version # is on the game case and can go purchase the one that matches it. Renting is a small price to pay for 100% certainty.

Cyberevan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I don't think MP10 has sold enough to warrant a reprint yet. I bet they're still on first shipments. I'd risk it.

Another idea (if video stores are commonplace in your country), would be to go look at the game case at the video store and rent it. If it works without issue, then you know what version # is on the game case and can go purchase the one that matches it. Renting is a small price to pay for 100% certainty.
The problem is there are no renting of video games here in our country and the game mario party 10 is not so popular here to find used copy of the game... So I have to risk buying new...

Skizzlo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bought Super smash bros U for Wii U about 2 weeks ago and it is asking me to up date. I am on version 5.3.2 and I do not want to up date. Help please I was hoping to use Loadliine.

fiveighteen

Distractible Dabbler
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bought Super smash bros U for Wii U about 2 weeks ago and it is asking me to up date. I am on version 5.3.2 and I do not want to up date. Help please I was hoping to use Loadliine.
Is it asking for a game update or a system update?

Look at the box and at the underside of the disc by the inner ring.

Original:
Case: WUP P AXFE USZ 83664A Made in USA
Disc Bottom: WUP-P-AXFE 00 USA S0
Firmware: 5.2.0

Reprint:
Case: WUP P AXFE USZ 101986A Made in Japan
Disc Bottom: WUP-P-AXFE 04 JPN S0
Firmware: 5.4.0

And you know you can use Loadiine with Mii Maker, right?

Reactions: Skizzlo

Skizzlo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Is it asking for a game update or a system update?

Look at the box and at the underside of the disc by the inner ring.

Original:
Case: WUP P AXFE USZ 83664A Made in USA
Disc Bottom: WUP-P-AXFE 00 USA S0
Firmware: 5.2.0

Reprint:
Case: WUP P AXFE USZ 101986A Made in Japan
Disc Bottom: WUP-P-AXFE 04 JPN S0
Firmware: 5.4.0

And you know you can use Loadiine with Mii Maker, right?

Case: WUP P AXFE USZ 101842A
Disk Bottem: WUP-P-AXFE-02 USA S0

Also Mii Maker is very limited in what games work with it. I saw the compatibility list. Is the other problem.

Skizzlo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well thanks for the help. Decided to check what it said again and it said "Updating System memory" and updated before I got the power plug again. Lucky for me I am still on 5.3.2 version after the update. Well hope this info can possibly help others.
Much thanks for the quick reply though. Hope Loadliine works with this version as it is a bit different from yours.

THANKS!!!! :grog:

Last edited by Skizzlo,

descac

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Currently the only reliable way is looking at a dump of a game, the first bytes of the disc:
"WUP-P-AXFE-00-520USA-0" as you can see this would have 5.2.0.
This is smash bros. USA.
Can that be checked with any publicly available homebrew?

Xirix

Trophies
XP
Country
Since the first page doesn't seem to be that updated, what should be the cheapest game to update to 5.3.2 for PAL versions? I assume Mario Party 10? I'm going to go look for a copy in stores soon, could I possibly have the code it's supposed to have so I can check when I find one?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Goku likes to flip the bean to get others healthy