Hacking WiiU Games Now Compressed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enigma Hall

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Well. It´s a begin to download. But we need know how it will work with wiiUkey and i dont belive 7zip will be supported.

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
So, 7Zip compresses easily compressible junk data, that's not really surprising.
An ISO trimming tool and a loader that doesnt care if ISOs are trimmed will be a lot more useful, and I'm sure they'll exist in no time if piracy takes off.

GorTesK

Mad Hatter
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
yes you can just unzip it on your computer... its all just about saving time and/or download traffic, if you download a 25gb or 4gb file, because unzipping surely is faster then downloading the extra 19gb

and if there ever is a backup loader, surely they can make it work with a trimmed iso, too

Bug_Checker_

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You plebs enjoy your compressed swill. I'm gonna stick with my 23 GB uncompressed game, with no fun lost in the compression. You may not think there's a difference, but there is.

The "scene" releases are compressed. You can doubt this if you wish but size and packed size must be equal for no compression. My argument is that they are compressed poorly. Regardless, The scene allows compression just antiquated and outdated compression. If the "scene" dictated bbs on c64 with 300 baud acoustic modems to be "true" scene it wouldn't make it right.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Few things to note:

- The thread title is wrong. "scene" release are not compressed "now". the release you think is compressed has been re-compressed by another user and re-uploaded to p2p.
It's not an official scene release.

- There's currently no scene rules for 3DS and WiiU.
Scene rules are signed by release groups when they agree with a standard to follow.
If you know/find the rules for wiiU, please post it in the other thread linked below.

About compression you are mixing games and video.
For consoles, it's common use to always compress it (M1 or better)
For videos (tv series, etc.), it must not be compressed (M0, archive/store compression)
Releases use Rar format. Some old releases used zip (NDS dumps) but switched to rar too few years later.

- there's already a thread for WiiU release information:
http://gbatemp.net/threads/wiiu-game-dumps-list-and-nfo.366269/

Reactions: deathnote
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: