Hacking Problems with extracting Wii-U images (wrong content and rpx size)

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
can you give a little more insite on why not plzzz? other then personal preference!
Well because DiscU & CDecrypt is a lot of hassle to setup. Just for decrypting what he wants UWizard should do the lot way easier, you just enter the common key in settings, select your .wud, select your key and extract away you go, lets face it, its a lot more simpler method than the mess around with the rest! You should only need discu or cdecrypt if uwizard will not decrypt the whole content and you need NUS alongside to get the code & content folders.

EclipseSin

Ignorant Wizard
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
He should not be needing discu or cdecrypt, for that matter for games like SM3DW or anything in his list. UWizard should decrypt all of those perfectly fine with no issues that error is something else nothing related to discu..

My point was, discu and uwizard are the same thing in terms of decrypting wuds.

Uwizard has discu and cdecrypt embedded. It doesn't use it's own system (unless this changed recently). If a game comes up with an h0 hash problem, the problem is either discu (meaning uwizard will also have the error), cdecrypt (meaning uwizard will also have the error), or bad download/wud.

The only alternative is vgmtoolbox.

Reactions: jammybudga777

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
My point was, discu and uwizard are the same thing in terms of decrypting wuds.

Uwizard has discu and cdecrypt embedded. It doesn't use it's own system (unless this changed recently). If a game comes up with an h0 hash problem, the problem is either discu (meaning uwizard will also have the error), cdecrypt (meaning uwizard will also have the error), or bad download/wud.

The only alternative is vgmtoolbox.
I tried vgmtoolbox myself, can never seem to get it working, its a head scratcher for me that app, it always throws out errors whatever I try with the app to decrypt with. You put your ckey & titlekey in wiiu folder then select iso extraction or wad unpacker, always seems to throw out errors for me, never unpacks properly, never works!

Last edited by Reecey,

erolz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Today I tried to extract Hyrule Warriors EUR:
wud = 23,3 GB
DiscU error : Failed to verify H0 hash

crediar

Possiblenator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
First of all there are three scene releases that are known to be BAD dumps:

Pikmin.3.USA.WiiU-FAKE
Wipeout_3_USA_WiiU-VENOM (btw this is just a lame party game and NOT the racing game)
The_Avengers_Battle_for_Earth_PAL_WiiU-VENOM

Also DiscU can only extract games that have two partitions.

Hyrule Warriors has more than two so it fails you can use VGMToolBox instead it will work with any WUD that is OK.

erolz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
First of all there are three scene releases that are known to be BAD dumps:

Pikmin.3.USA.WiiU-FAKE
Wipeout_3_USA_WiiU-VENOM (btw this is just a lame party game and NOT the racing game)
The_Avengers_Battle_for_Earth_PAL_WiiU-VENOM

Also DiscU can only extract games that have two partitions.

Hyrule Warriors has more than two so it fails you can use VGMToolBox instead it will work with any WUD that is OK.

Ok cool. I am gonna try VGM. Thanks mate

2manyGames2play

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Well because DiscU & CDecrypt is a lot of hassle to setup. Just for decrypting what he wants UWizard should do the lot way easier, you just enter the common key in settings, select your .wud, select your key and extract away you go, lets face it, its a lot more simpler method than the mess around with the rest! You should only need discu or cdecrypt if uwizard will not decrypt the whole content and you need NUS alongside to get the code & content folders.

I've noticed a couple of things (differences) between Uwizard and NUSgrabber when downloading Super Mario Maker (update):

-Uwizard-

* downloads files without preserving their extension
* skips/omits .h3 files and title.cert
* names certain files differently: cetk instead of title.tik, tmd instead of title.tmd

-NUSgrabber-

* downloads files with their extension intact
* downloads .h3 files and title.cert
* names certain files differently: title.tik instead of cetk, title.tmd instead of tmd

The questions i have about my findings:

* Are .h3 files important?
* Is it wise/better to keep title.cert?
* What are the original filenames?

With the above said; can we conclude that one program is better/worse than the other?

Hopefully one of you can shed some light on this! :-)

EDIT: hmm.. i'm afraid i've posted in the wrong section as this is related to WII U images / rpx etc. .. there are so many on-going topics.. aargh =(

Last edited by 2manyGames2play,

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
original name is cetk and tmd
cetk is the Title's ticket (title.tik is easier to remember)
tmd lists the current title version's filename and checksum, etc.
both are renamed to follow the usual windows filename.extension convention.

That's only filename, what's important is what you do with them and what's inside.
If you use WUP installer, you need the renamed format (title.xxx)

I don't know about the .h3 files, someone else will answer that.

emuman100

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

What are you talking about? How is "discu game.key game.wud" a hassle? How is renaming ONE directory on the extraction and copying it over to your SD card a hassle? If you are that bad at using Windows, you shouldn't be involved in this hobby.

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven't had a single issue extracting with Uwizard and I don't have to make any extra txt files and run any dos commands. Just select your wud, put in your title key and hit the button. Works on every scene release I've ever tried it on.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: It's how we used to cheat at Pokewalker.