Hardware PD4Wii, PD4WiiU - A DIY USB-C replacement for the Wii and Wii U power adapter

EnterpriseFreak

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
does an iphone charger work ?
or a school laptop power supply (with usb c) can hendel 20v at 1.5 a or 15v at 2 a ?
Post automatically merged:

and 12v at 2.5 a

So turns out I've only got a notification about new posts in here now, wonderful... So anyway...

does an iphone charger work ?
Maybe? Entirely depends on if that charger supports outputting the required voltage and amperage. Check what's written on the back of the back or the specs sheet of the brick. For all we know you could be talking about like some ancient 30-pin iPhone charger from way back when.
or a school laptop power supply (with usb c) can hendel 20v at 1.5 a or 15v at 2 a ?
If it supports outputting the required voltage for the console at at least 3a then yes. Only thing that *might* work with 2a or 1.5a (at 12v!!!) would be the final revision (RVO-CPU-10) of the Wii Mini which draws just above 12 Watts during game play.

this is better than the ZYPDH ?
That entirely depends on what you're trying to actually do. If its just playing on an unmodified console, a PDC004 will be just fine with it's limit of 3a at voltages below 20v (USB-PD does not officially support >3a on below 20V). If you'll want to play an overclocked Wii U you may want to use ZYPDH with a QC compliant charger because QC supports 5a (or maybe even 7a?) on voltages below 20v.

gamerabbit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
If the charger delivers enough power...then it should work. But I bought a 65w charger and am happy with it.
and the kind of power supply with multiple usb c and usb outpout that sit on your desk, do you know one that is good and that cost not to much and that can handle 100 w

So turns out I've only got a notification about new posts in here now, wonderful... So anyway...

Maybe? Entirely depends on if that charger supports outputting the required voltage and amperage. Check what's written on the back of the back or the specs sheet of the brick. For all we know you could be talking about like some ancient 30-pin iPhone charger from way back when.

If it supports outputting the required voltage for the console at at least 3a then yes. Only thing that *might* work with 2a or 1.5a (at 12v!!!) would be the final revision (RVO-CPU-10) of the Wii Mini which draws just above 12 Watts during game play.

That entirely depends on what you're trying to actually do. If its just playing on an unmodified console, a PDC004 will be just fine with it's limit of 3a at voltages below 20v (USB-PD does not officially support >3a on below 20V). If you'll want to play an overclocked Wii U you may want to use ZYPDH with a QC compliant charger because QC supports 5a (or maybe even 7a?) on voltages below 20v.
it will softmod because right now i don't have a power supply for a wii so prefer to create an usb c charger

it will be mod with nintendont for external controller (ps4, switch and ps3)

BaamAlex

UDE GA NARU ZE!
Trophies
Website
hmpg.net
XP
Country
Germany
what is the best cheap avalaible for cheap in one piece
Instead of printing a dongle like this (which is a good alternative), I would recommend to buy a USB c cable from aliexpress. Or solder in the USB c board directly and mount it with this piece from this reddit thread. Looks nice imho. And no cutting required.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    S @ salazarcosplay: @BakerMan can one play cod from hen ps3?