Hacking The Ultimate WiiU Hack-Setup (all Nintendo games in 1 device) by Eipok - MAR'18

Willsito_GG

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I have never seen someone so confidently incorrect about their setup.

Your SD cards will be completely burnt up in a few months. Use an external hard drive! You can zip tie the power wire to the Wii U's power supply or something to hide it! The USB cables are actually quite small as well. They sell them in a lot of different colors, including white and black. You can also get a longer USB cable and hide the hard drive in a cabinet or on a shelf behind your table or something! I have a fully functional USB 3.0 hard drive cable that is 3 ft long and it works just as good as a short 3-in cable
Don't use USB flash drives, they burn up within days if you use them for stuff like this. It's like defragmenting an old solid state drive. If that last sentence doesn't make you cringe I don't know how to explain it to you better.

The maximum theoretical size of a master boot record partition is about 2.2tb. Wiiflow and usblodergx technically support GPT, whose maximum partition size is several exabytes!
The theoretical limit for FAT32 is around 12 TB, so that's your limit on Wii drive size I guess. Not sure how you would fill it though since the entire Wii+GameCube library is only around 7tb.

Anyone still using the GX emulators... I don't know what to say, honestly. That's like using ie6 on a windows 11 machine. Please read the tutorial on RetroArch, at least! It's actually pretty easy once you know the basics of what you're doing.

Let's talk about your use of d2xcios beta 53. NO! STOP! Bigger nomber doesn't mean newer or better! Please go grab the newest version of the installer from https://github.com/davebaol/d2x-cios and use beta52 in the installer. beta53 is buggy (dozens of games just won't launch because of bugs it introduces), outdated (it's an older version), and has never been officially recommended by anyone except those YouTube tutorial videos that try to get you to brick yourself.
Hello Weirdal3333,

Many thanks for your reply :)

I see your points, nevertheless, in my case, in 4 years, I have never had any of the burning, laggy, buggy or bricking problems that you are mentioning. None of them.

But it is interesting to have different points of view and experiences which enrich a lot the content in this post!

Best regards

Guille

Last edited by Willsito_GG,
Reactions: Pin1988

Lostbhoy

HEY YOU GUYS!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi @Willsito_GG

I have your retroarch set up on my sd card however the dynamic backgrounds do not work, i just have a plain colour that i change to other colours lol

Is there a setting or something i need to enable the wallpapers, icins and boxarts as I have none of them showing!

Edit

Please ignore, i have it now. The assets folder somehow copied to root rather than media folder! No clue how but all good now, looks awesome!

Last edited by Lostbhoy,
Reactions: Willsito_GG

BeatMaker

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
honestly i have everything i need to do this but downloading the roms would take SO LONG! Is there any way to like batch download wii/gamecube roms? I don't really need the other ones but I really want a bunch of Wii and Gamecube games :/

Reactions: Willsito_GG

BeatMaker

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes.

Just look for them on archive. Once you found them and you will because it's archive and I just uploaded a bunch of stuff on there. Copy the web address and use somehting like Jdownloader2 to bulk download them.
The only thing is there they are all too many games or too little games, bc i only want to have around 50-100 gb of gamecube-wii games so that I have space for my wii u games (I have my games on a 256gb usb)

BeatMaker

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
:/
Post automatically merged:

Either way my pc won't read the usb :( idk why i just plugged it in to download games and it says I have to format it, maybe cuz its a 256gb usb in fat32

Last edited by BeatMaker,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: 24,000 hmmmm lol