Homebrew PS1/2 Emulator Project WiiSX / CubeSX (PCSXGC) with Lightrec Project - Beta testers & feedback needed!

GustavoReis

GameCube and wii lover
Trophies
Website
mundowiihack.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Brazil
@GustavoReis

Here's a new forwarder i've made for the original WiiSX.

It points to:
sd:/apps/wiiSX/boot.dol
usb:/apps/wiiSX/boot.dol

I've based on my WiiStation forwarder for make this one, sorry if i kept the music i used on the WiiStation forwarder for this new WiiSX forwarder, but anyways i still like it. :)

Avaliable for Wii and vWii.

View attachment 356740

- saulfabreg
Cool :bow:
Thank's @SaulFabre

SaulFabre

I like Yoshis and the Wii/Wii U scene.
OP
Trophies
Website
saulfabreg-wiivc.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Ecuador

Attachments

• WiiSX_Lightrec_Wii_git_e029e5a_03032023.zip
    897.7 KB · Views: 40
  • CubeSX_Lightrec_GameCube_git_e029e5a_03032023.zip
    804.1 KB · Views: 24

GustavoReis

GameCube and wii lover
Trophies
Website
mundowiihack.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Brazil
Hi @SaulFabre
Pcsxgc have new change

Screenshot_20230304-230720.png

SaulFabre

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Ecuador

danny19901

Trophies
XP
Country
Audio distortion is fixed in this new WiiSX build and the GC port is alot more stable, no game crashes in any game I tried :D
Nice luckily i just downloaded the latest version he posted as well I will be testing see how it compares to WiiSXRX Im on a Wii You at moment and i did make this in to a inject but haven't tested it yet

SaulFabre

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Ecuador

Attachments

• WiiSX_Lightrec_Wii_git_1b45845_04052023.zip
    898 KB · Views: 23
  • CubeSX_Lightrec_GameCube_git_1b45845_04052023.zip
    804.1 KB · Views: 24

Maeson

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I tried a bit with a couple games that I've always wanted to play on the Wii (Vandal Hearts & Torneko: The Last Hope) and tried over the years and different versions of WiiSX and I have to say that I am very, very impressed how well they run with the last compiled version by SaulFabre, even more having in mind this is still in early stages.

Both games had good frame rate from what I could tell, and the audio for Torneko seems smooth too! Overall the performance on both was by far the best I've seen so far, although my test was quick.

I need to compare Vandal Heart's audio with playing it on a PS1/2 because all versions of WiiSX previous to this one seemingly have missing sound channels (not only for this game, but I know this one pretty well so I can tell easily). This version seems to have more instruments/channels if going by memory so it's a great improvoement, although I remember the music having a bit more reverb.

Nonetheless, it is remarkable and exciting!
I confirm that exiting does not crash the emulator and goes back to HBC.

I would want to ask to emu_kidid if it's possible at all to have a way to disable the bilinear filtering.

danny19901

Trophies
XP
Country
This is very nice to see, and unexpected. I thought he gave up on it.

I hope to see pcsx-r GameShark cheat files support, though the Mupen64 port needs cheat support since some of the GS discs (ISOs) work on the PSX emulator.
emukidid never I Had been following his stuff reguarding wiisx and wii64 for years stuff that recently got released had been shown off many years ago even open gl working and shown off FF7 in game with it

0arsoluto

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I tried a bit with a couple games that I've always wanted to play on the Wii (Vandal Hearts & Torneko: The Last Hope) and tried over the years and different versions of WiiSX and I have to say that I am very, very impressed how well they run with the last compiled version by SaulFabre, even more having in mind this is still in early stages.

Both games had good frame rate from what I could tell, and the audio for Torneko seems smooth too! Overall the performance on both was by far the best I've seen so far, although my test was quick.

I need to compare Vandal Heart's audio with playing it on a PS1/2 because all versions of WiiSX previous to this one seemingly have missing sound channels (not only for this game, but I know this one pretty well so I can tell easily). This version seems to have more instruments/channels if going by memory so it's a great improvoement, although I remember the music having a bit more reverb.

Nonetheless, it is remarkable and exciting!
I confirm that exiting does not crash the emulator and goes back to HBC.

I would want to ask to emu_kidid if it's possible at all to have a way to disable the bilinear filtering.
the vandal hearts already works without the problem of the enemies' turn with the wiistation, I didn't try it with this version of the wiisx, I don't know which one will go better. i love that game, the best game i ever played

SaulFabre

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Ecuador
Latest builds of WiiSX and CubeSX with Lightrec until git 504d20a
https://github.com/emukidid/pcsxgc/commit/504d20a339774204498be285f821bfb50fc63255

Latest change is moving the compiling library to libOGC2 by Extrems ( https://github.com/extremscorner/libogc2 ), in order for avoid video tearing by doubling the number for buffer video.
Also i've compiled with latest GNU Lightning and Lightrec at this point.

Please test these builds, thanks :)
Post automatically merged:

PD: I've also released my experimental (and WIP) mod of WiiSX / CubeSX which i've modified a bit some things from upstream, such implementing some autoFixes (system timing fix is the only one i couldn't add), fix the BIOS music, the better exit code and support for WiiFlow.
This mod will be here too until @emu_kidid manages to merge these changes in the official upstream repo.

https://github.com/saulfabregwiivc/WiiSX/releases/tag/v2.x-sfgR1

Attachments

• CubeSX_Lightrec_GameCube_git_504d20a_14032023.zip
    808.5 KB · Views: 24
  • WiiSX_Lightrec_Wii_git_504d20a_14032023.zip
    901.2 KB · Views: 22

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: That sick boy yo