SaulFabre

I like Yoshis and the Wii/Wii U scene.
Trophies
Website
saulfabreg-wiivc.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Ecuador
It works at full speed in all games I've tested (via SD), the only downside is that every time you change the game it crashes.
One of the causes of this crash is because Lightrec memory map is being executed every time you change the game. And this issue is present in v16a, though.

I backported a commit from pcercuei (from WiiSX) which makes the Lightrec memory map to be executed only one time, so when you change the game it doesn't crash.

When @Jokippo make another version of his 240p mod, it shouldn't crash anymore when you change the game.

xunga

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
To the user who indicated how to play Koudelka, the PAL version gives less problems.

Then it can affect the configuration used. I use the following:

CPU: Lightrec (if you see problems in a game, use Dynarec)
Select Bios: SD (I use psp bios)
Boot through bios: Yes
Language: English (the default)
Fast load: No (only use it for the first Parasite Eve)

Show FPS: Off
FPS Limit: auto
Frame Skip: Off
Screen mode: 16:9 , Interlaced
Dithering: None (as configured by default)
Filter: All options checked (bilinear, trap, deflicker)

All settings are always saved to SD (samsung evo SDHC Class 10 32gb). I have the games in SD and USB and it works the same in both. I have no problems loading one game after another. My console is an original white Wii pal version.

Edited: I would like to add that my entire collection is in CHD format. I have been able to test all my games but logically, being so recent, I have not been able to dedicate several hours to each one, but in general it works quite well.

However the PBP format if I have used it in this emulator for a long time and I have not observed any problems or additional errors. So if someone is concerned about the performance of the games but wants to save space it would be the most cautious option.

Last edited by xunga,
Reactions: SaulFabre

Disorarara

Trophies
XP
Country
Bro, I downloaded that version, 16a. And still got stuttering via USB, but tried something different this time, put the games on my SD card and tried again, for some reason in my case loading the games from SD make them run flawlessly! SOTN is absolutely perfection there. And speaking about the Game Over screen, for me it dropped from 59 to 39fps for two seconds, a very negligible thing in a game that you rarely dies.
I also gave Medievil and Valkyrie Profile a try, both run with very satisfatory performance. This is super exciting and I'm very happy to finally be playing the Ps1 library on the Wii!

But as things are never trully perfect, I'm getting a new bug. Only via SD card, every time I try to change the game the emulator crashes, has anyone experienced this? Any potencial cause or solution?
Not a big deal, but quiting the emulator and opening it again every time you want to change the game can get tiresome.

I'm using the most recently compiled wiistation by saulfabre:
From @GustavoReis' post
Test this build of WiiStation with this commit from WiiSX.
This also includes the latest merge of latest codes of CDRISO and CDROM from PCSX-ReARMed.

and I'm not getting this game crashing issue when changing games. Also on SD card. What kind of SD card are you using? Is it formatted FAT32?

EDIT: also this is basically anecdotal proof that what storage device you're using can indeed affect compatibility and performance.

EDIT 2: also just to be safe, you should delete all prior configuration files in your wiisxrx directory. I've had a couple of emulators crash on me, particularly retroarch, due to obsoleted configuration files.

Last edited by Disorarara,

grandosegood

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
actually, i've encountered another issue, and i'm not sure where the problem is.

the very latest wiistation runs great, but my forwarder channels will not load from emunand on usb ext hdd, when launched from usb loader gx. they stay at 0fps, black screen and/or reboot. this suggests they aren't seeing the wiisxrx folder and the bios/settings files within it. the forwarder channels do work correctly when launched the wii menu aka sysnand, and also from hbc. however, usb loader gx launches the emulator with the 0fps issue, even if the data lives on SD or usb. it sounds like it could be an emunand and forwarder channel compatibility problem, but i'm not sure. any tips on troubleshooting? Thanks.

Disorarara

Trophies
XP
Country
actually, i've encountered another issue, and i'm not sure where the problem is.

the very latest wiistation runs great, but my forwarder channels will not load from emunand on usb ext hdd, when launched from usb loader gx. they stay at 0fps, black screen and/or reboot. this suggests they aren't seeing the wiisxrx folder and the bios/settings files within it. the forwarder channels do work correctly when launched the wii menu aka sysnand, and also from hbc. however, usb loader gx launches the emulator with the 0fps issue, even if the data lives on SD or usb. it sounds like it could be an emunand and forwarder channel compatibility problem, but i'm not sure. any tips on troubleshooting? Thanks.

It seems like a lot of loops? Using emunand thru usb loader gx to launch a forwarder to launch the app? I wouldn't know where to begin to debug that.

MeXen

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I've tested now the latest version from @SaulFabre (SOTN NTSC) and had the same results, fps oscilating from 59 to 52 all the time.

If you really want to play this game on your wii, I recommend this version:

Wiistation_Ver2.4 with 240p v16a
https://github.com/Jokippo/WiiSXRX_2022240p/releases/tag/v2.4-240pV16a

It works at full speed in all games I've tested (via SD), the only downside is that every time you change the game it crashes.
So you have to quit and re-open the emulator to change games.

Weird, i use that version as well and i use USB and i dont suffer from that.

Felold

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I'm using the most recently compiled wiistation by saulfabre:

and I'm not getting this game crashing issue when changing games. Also on SD card. What kind of SD card are you using? Is it formatted FAT32?

EDIT: also this is basically anecdotal proof that what storage device you're using can indeed affect compatibility and performance.

EDIT 2: also just to be safe, you should delete all prior configuration files in your wiisxrx directory. I've had a couple of emulators crash on me, particularly retroarch, due to obsoleted configuration files.
You misread my msg, Saulfabre version doesn't crash when changing games, the only problem it has on SOTN is that the fps keeps oscilating from 59 to 53.

When I said about the crashes, I was talking about the Jokippo release (Ver2.4 with 240p v16a).
His version runs at full speed consistently for all the games I've tested, the only issue is the crashes when changing discs and restarting the game.

SaulFabre

I like Yoshis and the Wii/Wii U scene.
Trophies
Website
saulfabreg-wiivc.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Ecuador
You misread my msg, Saulfabre version doesn't crash when changing games, the only problem it has on SOTN is that the fps keeps oscilating from 59 to 53.

When I said about the crashes, I was talking about the Jokippo release (Ver2.4 with 240p v16a).
His version runs at full speed consistently for all the games I've tested, the only issue is the crashes when changing discs and restarting the game.
You still need to delete your old config/settings files (settingsRX2022.cfg) every time you update with newer builds of WiiStation...

Felold

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
You
You still need to delete your old config/settings files (settingsRX2022.cfg) every time you update with newer builds of WiiStation...
You are completely right! Deleted all the configs and now the emulator doesn't crash when changing games. Thanks a LOT!

ssjkakaroto

Trophies
XP
Country

Felold, are you sure the version you are using with SOTN is 16a? I just tried it and I still get the same FPS oscillation as Saulfabre's version.

xunga

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Can confirm now that Spiderman doesnt not crash so far with Bin/Cue format :)

I started the spiderman game a few days ago. Tell me where it crashes to see if it also happens to me.

If you can try it also in PBP, since we are comparing formats.

Felold

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Felold, are you sure the version you are using with SOTN is 16a? I just tried it and I still get the same FPS oscillation as Saulfabre's version.
Yes, I'm sure. But I'm playing via SD, if I open the game from USB I'll get poor performance.
The game is locked at 59fps at all times, only drops on the Game Over screen.
I'm playing for two hours now (with the No XP Hack) I also recommend this hack, finally the game can give me some challenge!
I'm on the catacombs now, so far so good.

Felold

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
These are my files, @ssjkakaroto
Post automatically merged:

By the way, this is the hack I'm using, since nobody talks about it I Decided to share.
The only thing it does is that Alucard won't be able to level up. Doesn't make the game incredible hard or anything, for me it seems more balanced overall.
With this patch you'll need to use all your spells, sub-weapons and items.
This changes the gameplay to something more strategic since you can't just tank all the hits.
And ofc, I don't recommend using glitches such as the death skip, that will break the game no matter what.

Patch to be applied to an NTSC version of SOTN.

Attachments

• Wiistation 2.4 16a.zip
    1.2 MB · Views: 15
  • SOTN NoXp Patch.zip
    958 bytes · Views: 15
Last edited by Felold,
  • Love

MeXen

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
These are my files, @ssjkakaroto
Post automatically merged:

By the way, this is the hack I'm using, since nobody talks about it I Decided to share.
The only thing it does is that Alucard won't be able to level up. Doesn't make the game incredible hard or anything, for me it seems more balanced overall.
With this patch you'll need to use all your spells, sub-weapons and items.
This changes the gameplay to something more strategic since you can't just tank all the hits.
And ofc, I don't recommend using glitches such as the death skip, that will break the game no matter what.

Patch to be applied to an NTSC version of SOTN.

All those ''hard type'' hacks for SotN, just brings up the very bad aspects of modern indie metroidvanias, the ''SOULS LIKE'' curse, and that is not a good thing, these misguided people are just trying to fix something that wasn't broken,

Felold

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Nah, for me this game has always been extremely easy, since its debut and way before Dark Souls was a thing.
Even If you don't get the broken weapons like Crissaegrim and Shield Rod, even If you don't know how to do a Souls Steal. The Level Up system will make you unstopabble after a certain level.
My first time playing it I was like 10 years old in the early 2000s. In one occasion, still a child, I killed Dracula with not a single weapon, armor or accessory equiped, without using spells or anything.
I beat him with my bare fists, tanking all his damage (almost nothing), I was 100% unarmed and still was an easy fight.

This patch doesn't make the game hard, this doesn't changes anything besides that you won't level up.
The major difference is that enemies hit harder (since your stats are lower). No more Dracula's attacks hitting me with its incredible 1hp of damage, thank God! :D

But you know, the patch is optional, I'm recomending it to whoever is interested. If Its not for you that's ok, there's nothing wrong in liking easy games.

_47iscool

Feststellend
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Interesting, but is there any way for tell CHDMAN for not use LZMA and only use ZLIB/FLAC for make CHDs?

EDIT: Nevermind, i figured it out:
chdman createcd -i input.cue -o output.chd --compression cdzl,cdfl

Add this to a batch file to bulk compress all bin/cue without LZMA:

Code:
for /r %%i in (*.cue) do chdman.exe createcd -i "%%i" -o "%%~ni.chd" --compression cdzl,cdfl

I downloaded chdman a while back ( I think it was from archive.org) with a batch file included for bulk conversion, and just recently added what you found out to it.

xunga

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Add this to a batch file to bulk compress all bin/cue without LZMA:

Code:
for /r %%i in (*.cue) do chdman.exe createcd -i "%%i" -o "%%~ni.chd" --compression cdzl,cdfl

I downloaded chdman a while back ( I think it was from archive.org) with a batch file included for bulk conversion, and just recently added what you found out to it.

It is easier if you use a normal graphical interface like namDHC: https://github.com/umageddon/namDHC

I leave it attached.

Attachments

• namDHC_v113.zip
    1.4 MB · Views: 14

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    So does that mean your date was not good? It burns now?
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Got two new stds in one night
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Giggity
    +1
  • The Catboy @ The Catboy:
    I don't bite! Minus the times when I did bite
  • The Catboy @ The Catboy:
    Like 5 minutes ago
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Billie needs her lunch
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ffs papa brought back the cheeseburger pizza it's like the only decent pie they had since the 80s
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm not a fan of papa johns, but that does sound good. We hardly order out pizza, I like making my own, but when we do its donatoes
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I get them like once every two months anymore
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Just because it's half a mile from where I live
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Request next time you order, that Shaq deliver it to you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I want him to buy me a chain also
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Open it right next to the one we have
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys should i make a new thread and just count the amount of posts until kyle, luke or leo joins the thread for fun?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    kyle's fine, just waiting for that wario joke

luke and leo though, they yap until the thread's enjoyability is about halved
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Leo is Luke's alterego when he gets hard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Luke is gone, he got banned. And I'm surprised Leo hasn't yet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Subway was actually pretty decent tonight
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wut you get, a seafood and psi salad sub
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Psi had my footlong meatball special
    +1
  • PandaPandel @ PandaPandel: