Hacking WiinUPro - Pro Controller to PC Gamepad

TheCongressman1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's a strange problem. And you're not deleted the device from the bluetooth settings window, just disconnecting it?

Right. After disconnecting all settings are lost. A new bluetooth connection has to be made to connect the controller again. I don't run any type of deep freeze or system locking program, so there's no reason I know of that this would be happening.

Ledaren

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Awesome, ever since I got the Wii U Pro Controller I've wanted to use it for the PC! But first, let me just ask something short and perhaps stupid to make sure I understand... What exactly is 'Toshiba Bluetooth Stack'? Some software or hardware? I googled it and it told me something that it's software that can only be run on a Toshiba hardware computer, is that correct? Sucks if that's the case. I have some old bluetooth pin and an ASUS laptop, is it impossible for me to get this to work?

My 2nd question, in the first post it says something about Win 7 being put in test mode. Is this during some installation or every time you want to use the Wii U Pro Controller? Sorry for stupid questions.

tehspeleengpolise

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Awesome, ever since I got the Wii U Pro Controller I've wanted to use it for the PC! But first, let me just ask something short and perhaps stupid to make sure I understand... What exactly is 'Toshiba Bluetooth Stack'? Some software or hardware? I googled it and it told me something that it's software that can only be run on a Toshiba hardware computer, is that correct? Sucks if that's the case. I have some old bluetooth pin and an ASUS laptop, is it impossible for me to get this to work?

My 2nd question, in the first post it says something about Win 7 being put in test mode. Is this during some installation or every time you want to use the Wii U Pro Controller? Sorry for stupid questions.
Don't worry, stuff like that can be confusing, and has virtually no good documentation!

The Toshiba Bluetooth Stack is basically kinda like a driver for your bluetooth. It was created by Toshiba for Toshiba products, however, it is possible to install it on most PCs with BT, including built-in BT. To do this, however, you need to edit the a .ini file during installation to make it work with your particular BT dongle/card/adapter/device, as shown in the installation video.

Test Mode used to be required to install vJoy, used for joystick axis inputs. During installation, Win7 would be put in test mode, and remain so forever (i.e. until you disable it or something, which would stop vJoy from working). The reason for that is because vJoy used unsigned drivers.
However, vJoy now uses signed drivers, meaning that you do not need test mode anymore. You don't need to worry about it at all.

del_delly

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
But first, let me just ask something short and perhaps stupid .
Yes, that is a stupid question. Read the thread. Things of note:
-How to install
-Is a WiiU required?
-How to crack
-2 workarounds for the WiinUPro app itself

Right, I have my profile saved on WiinUpro, but the problem starts that my computer doesn't recognize the device anymore. I have to pair my controller to my bluetooth and it doesn't recognize it as the same device. (I do have the toshiba stack installed and whatnot.) When I get it connected, I see that vJoy no longer has my settings, and because of this WiinUpro doesn't load my profile correctly.

Unscrew the screw that protects the battery, remove for about 10 seconds, insert again.
Be warned that this still requires you to resync the controller to a WiiU before it will work again on the PC:

Chaoyun

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, so I have followed the instructions in the video. Connected my Wii U Pro controller to the stack, no issue there. Installed vJoy without problem. However I am still having the problem as many other Window 7 users : my Joystick buttons are being limited to less than 17 (5 in my case) . I have read this thread and changed my target device to 7 as others suggested, with the same configuration, yet no dice (in fact I went ahead and tried with all 16 targets). Only Joystick 1 offers me 5 buttons, no more. Any ideas on how to solve this issue? Any other details necessary?
help.png

EDIT: Also I noticed, that my Rx and Ry Axis fail to be recognized in WiinUPro.

ortsov004

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Ok, so I have followed the instructions in the video. Connected my Wii U Pro controller to the stack, no issue there. Installed vJoy without problem. However I am still having the problem as many other Window 7 users : my Joystick buttons are being limited to less than 17 (5 in my case) . I have read this thread and changed my target device to 7 as others suggested, with the same configuration, yet no dice (in fact I went ahead and tried with all 16 targets). Only Joystick 1 offers me 5 buttons, no more. Any ideas on how to solve this issue? Any other details necessary?
View attachment 6593
EDIT: Also I noticed, that my Rx and Ry Axis fail to be recognized in WiinUPro.

The same happened to me, I just changed the target device until it worked (17 buttons, 4 axis) in my case my target device is joystick5

TheCongressman1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After getting discouraged for a while, I just reinstalled everything and my controller seems to be connecting consistently. I still don't know what the issue was, but it seems to be working. So thank you for those that tried to help.

I can use the controller fine in Dolphin Emulator, but now I need a bit of help setting up for Dark Souls. There's not very much information on it that I can find, so if anyone could point me in the right direction, that would be great.

I have the modified xinput files that only supports the Pro controller in the Dark Souls directory, but it still isn't recognizing the controller. Any ideas there?

Chaoyun

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The same happened to me, I just changed the target device until it worked (17 buttons, 4 axis) in my case my target device is joystick5
Thank you but as I stated in my description, I have tried all of the target devices, several times now, and yet no dice. I am still looking for a solution :sleep:.

Dzhordan

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi guys, I'm trying to decide on which controller to get, either a Wii U Pro Controller or a Dualshock 4, and I just want to clarify a couple of things before deciding.
I'm going to use it for PC gaming, mainly emulators. I have skimmed over both the Wii U Pro Controller threads so please correct me if I'm wrong.

1. You need to have a Wii U, you have to pair the controller to the console first before pairing it to the PC. (I don't own a Wii U by the way)
2. If paired successfully, the buttons work welll, but the analog still has issues.
3. There's only a slim chance that the Wii U Pro controller will work outright as a PC gamepad without the need for the Toshiba Bluetooth stack or some kind of hack. (Nintendo has no plans on releasing drivers?)

Hope you guys can help, thanks in advance.

tehspeleengpolise

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi guys, I'm trying to decide on which controller to get, either a Wii U Pro Controller or a Dualshock 4, and I just want to clarify a couple of things before deciding.
I'm going to use it for PC gaming, mainly emulators. I have skimmed over both the Wii U Pro Controller threads so please correct me if I'm wrong.

1. You need to have a Wii U, you have to pair the controller to the console first before pairing it to the PC. (I don't own a Wii U by the way)
2. If paired successfully, the buttons work welll, but the analog still has issues.
3. There's only a slim chance that the Wii U Pro controller will work outright as a PC gamepad without the need for the Toshiba Bluetooth stack or some kind of hack. (Nintendo has no plans on releasing drivers?)

Hope you guys can help, thanks in advance.

Actually, it's more like this:

1. You may have problem connecting the controller, and in that case you may need a WiiU. You may not have any problems, and if you do, there is also an alternate fix involving button mashing that usually works. Only if you're really unlucky will you need WiiU.
2. Again, it's only a problem for some people. As far as I have seen, it seems to mostly happen with windows 8 users. And if you look through the past 2-3 pages, you'll see that many manage to resolve the issue by fiddling a bit with the different vJoy devices. (As for me, it works perfectly. I'm using Win7.)
3. Nope, no chance. There's a slim chance for wiimotes+, and a larger chance (I think) for normal wiimotes, but the WUPC will never work. You need the Toshiba Stack. And no, technically this whole thing is a hack - the WUPC was never intended for use with a PC, so unless Nintendo suddenly decides to change its mind there's practically no chance of the drivers being released.

Edit: By the way, AFAIK the problem is not in the lack of drivers, but in the way the WUPC sends signals through BT, which just doesn't work with the default Windows bluetooth stack. And as far as I understand, that's how the windows stack works, and no program or driver can get around it, which is why you have to install a whole different stack.

Reactions: Dzhordan

Dzhordan

Trophies
XP
Country
Actually, it's more like this:

1. You may have problem connecting the controller, and in that case you may need a WiiU. You may not have any problems, and if you do, there is also an alternate fix involving button mashing that usually works. Only if you're really unlucky will you need WiiU.
2. Again, it's only a problem for some people. As far as I have seen, it seems to mostly happen with windows 8 users. And if you look through the past 2-3 pages, you'll see that many manage to resolve the issue by fiddling a bit with the different vJoy devices. (As for me, it works perfectly. I'm using Win7.)
3. Nope, no chance. There's a slim chance for wiimotes+, and a larger chance (I think) for normal wiimotes, but the WUPC will never work. You need the Toshiba Stack. And no, technically this whole thing is a hack - the WUPC was never intended for use with a PC, so unless Nintendo suddenly decides to change its mind there's practically no chance of the drivers being released.

Okay, thanks for the clarification, this helps a lot.

ortsov004

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Thank you but as I stated in my description, I have tried all of the target devices, several times now, and yet no dice. I am still looking for a solution :sleep:.

Have you tried using the Reset and Delete options on vjoy? maybe that will wipe any previous config, also runnig vJoy as admin

wilflare

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
do we still need vJoy for this? really hoping for a single install kinda solution to this.

if there's anything i can with, lemme know!

tehspeleengpolise

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
wilflare: yeah, we do. Hasn't been an update in ages, due to KeyPuncher being busy and whatnot. But he did mention working on a single install solution a while ago - at least as far as vJoy goes, as the Toshiba Stakc will still have to be intalled separately.

del_delly

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
1. You may have problem connecting the controller

There is no "may". Either the controller has been synced to a WiiU during its testing phase, or the charge from that has ran out. A WiiU is needed. And until we actually get a driver instead of a wrapper, this will be the case.

Edit: By the way, AFAIK the problem is not in the lack of drivers, but in the way the WUPC sends signals through BT, which just doesn't work with the default Windows bluetooth stack. And as far as I understand, that's how the windows stack works, and no program or driver can get around it, which is why you have to install a whole different stack.

The problem is lack of drivers. The main thing Toshiba stack really provides is that it allows reconnection of a device without a auto config, and a bluetooth profile that windows stack does not provide.

Just get the PS4 controller. Having a already written hack to avoid using x360c is nice enough.

tehspeleengpolise

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
There is no "may". Either the controller has been synced to a WiiU during its testing phase, or the charge from that has ran out. A WiiU is needed. And until we actually get a driver instead of a wrapper, this will be the case.
Really? Well, I never had any problems whatsoever. I could try removing the battery and seeing if resetting the syncing that way screws it up... But how do you explain the button mashing fix?

wilflare

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
I somehow hope the Wii U Pro Controller can be plug and play on the PC (something like the DS3/DS4 with the help of a wrapper or something)
the controller is awesome!

Dzhordan

Trophies
XP
Country

The problem is lack of drivers. The main thing Toshiba stack really provides is that it allows reconnection of a device without a auto config, and a bluetooth profile that windows stack does not provide.

Just get the PS4 controller. Having a already written hack to avoid using x360c is nice enough.

I went ahead with the Pro Controller, but thanks for the reply. I guess I got really lucky since I had no problems syncing the controller and it works great.

NightsOwl

Pays For Avatar Art (For some reason)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright. So I have a problem that I just can't figure out (And I'm sorry if it's in the thread, not reading 21 pages.)

It's a simple one, when I try to save my config.... it gives me an error, and wont save it. Kind of annoying. Also, changing the D-pad on my CCP to the Axis of the Left Stick wont register in games.

Help would be lovely.

Edit: Also, some games wont notice the controller at all?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I don't trust the free ones, but ipvanish I've used for couple years now, n like
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I wonder if they could get CPUs to run that hot then use the heat to power a steam turbine to power the CPUs....
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Good idea, or at least power the GPU
    It's not the movies or games downloads that I would worry about, like breaking into networks, downloading encrypted things, spying on network traffic. I have seen so many "Top Secret" seals on files when I was a kid
    I was obsessed with finding UFOs, a surprising amount of US files where stashed on computers in other countries, China back in the early 90s omg sooo much
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea that crazy, I've never tried hack into anything, I just pirate, and my ISP have send me 3-4 letters, so had to VPN it
    Ship to ship communication software for the Navy although without access to the encrypting chips it was mostly useless
    I bet now a 4090 could probably crack it? Hmmm maybe not even back then I'm pretty sure they where using like 1024 bit encryption
    Yayyy the one set finished 324GBs lol
    Compressed....
    I wonder how many years that would have taken on a 56K modem lol
    18000 hours lol
    750 days lol
    +1
    So Internet is very much faster now lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    "Time Remaining- 2 years, 9 girlfriends, 6 hairstyles, please standby..."
    +1
    I remember one time I downloaded like a 500MB ISO file on 56K and that literally took like 2 days
    I had some sort of resume thing, I remember the software had chains
    Damned if I can't remember.the name though
    Some sort of download management app
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok good chatting, I'm off to the bar, to shoot some pool, nighty night.
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    hey psi
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i call your girl lyndon the way she b on my johnson
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: i call your girl lyndon the way she b on my johnson