Hacking WiinUPro - Pro Controller to PC Gamepad

KeyPuncher

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
...I pushed the right stick upward so you could see the "Nan" input....

Also KeyPuncher, I created a profile for my controller, but when I load the controller on WiinUpro it doesn't loads that profile automatically (even though I changed the Default Profile to be the one I created on Tools>Change Default Profile), so I have to chose the profile manually.

The Not a Number and Infinity ranges is most likely because the range for you classic controller is different than that of the Nintendo branded one. It should be looking at the raw values from the controller, so perhaps the library isn't parsing the values correctly. I wonder if the new one will. And I'll check out that profile issue later on.

Hey guys, sorry for asking again, but any news about this particular issue? I've been holding to buy one of these controllers just because of this.

None yet, it will probably be one of the last things to be discovered since it's related to the BT connection. I might be able to uncover more once everything else is pretty much done and when I'm looking into getting connection with the Windows stack working.

b17bomber

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Not a Number and Infinity ranges is most likely because the range for you classic controller is different than that of the Nintendo branded one. It should be looking at the raw values from the controller, so perhaps the library isn't parsing the values correctly. I wonder if the new one will. And I'll check out that profile issue later on.

None yet, it will probably be one of the last things to be discovered since it's related to the BT connection. I might be able to uncover more once everything else is pretty much done and when I'm looking into getting connection with the Windows stack working.

Will this program that bypasses the other two allow rumble when it's recognized as a 360 controller? I really don't want to have to order a part just for that.

Walker D

I have a hat
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Thanks KeyPuncher ..I guess it's better to only use the Dpad for now, until a next update. That's fine

Do you know if the "#255" input problem that I detailed here is replicable, or if it's specific to my controller (or to Snes9X) ?
..if it's replicable, then maybe there's a bug related to non-assigned buttons, where they're not totally empty?

PolloDiablo

Madre de Dios! Es El POLLO DIABLO!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks for the answer KeyPuncher! I will keep waiting :)

Reactions: EZ-Megaman

Skybunny

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi ^^ I'm having a bit of an issue. (Solved below)

I installed vJoy and the Toshiba stack and connected the controller to my laptop without any problems. WiinUPro detects it too, but when I choose the pro controller and select Joystick 1 the buttons aren't linked to Joy 1, Joy 2, etc. When I try to assign a button to my controller there are no joystick buttons in the drop-down menu. Here's a picture to see what I mean:
DPKhvYR.jpg
Edit: Solved by making multiple Target Devices after seeing your post about vJoy target devices. For whatever reason, Joystick 1 doesn't work. But at first, Joystick 2 didn't work either but now Joystick 2 and up seem to be working (made 11 target devices).

But anyway, it's working now. :P Thanks~

CrayonStars

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm using 64 bits Windows 8.1.

Are you using a built in Bluetooth? If so, how did you get your computer from automatically re-installing the Microsoft enumerated drivers every time you tried to install the Toshiba drivers? That is what keeps happening to me.

Warrior_Elite

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is it possible to use toshiba bluetooth stack on a pc? do i need some kind of hardware? thanks

Use the search function.

It's very easy, we've covered this a few times throughout the life of this thread. Here's a very easy solution for you:
http://gbatemp.net/threads/wii-u-pro-controller-to-pc-program-release.343159/page-13#post-4654493

In its essence, you need to boy a bluetooth dongle, and then install the toshiba bluetooth stack on your computer. If you have Microsoft bluetooth stacks, you'd have to remove it and install Toshiba's. (Check link above)

Also, please view the first post. There is a video that will help you installing everything from the start.

HunterZ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I never had to install any special stack to get this working with my ASUS USB-BT211 dongle working in Windows 7 x64. I did install some newer Atheros drivers than what ASUS provides, though.

del_delly

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I thought you had to install a non Windows stack, just so you got the ability to reconnect the controller? And maybe some smaller things, such as a premade bluetooth profile for something?

HunterZ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Apparently not. I did find it helpful to use a utility called Wiipair (actually there are a couple with that name) to get the pairing to stick better.

Walker D

I have a hat
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Just noticed that my 3rd party Classic Controller Pro is being recognized as a Classic Controller (that one with L and R as triggers).

Don't know if that "#255" input problem could have something to do with it, but I though I should point it out, in case you would look in this issue

KeyPuncher

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just noticed that my 3rd party Classic Controller Pro is being recognized as a Classic Controller ...

Are you talking about one of these?
http://wiiudaily.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/wii-u-pro-controllers.jpg

Because those are essentially a Wiimote mixed with a Classic Controller.

I never had to install any special stack to get this working with my ASUS USB-BT211 dongle working in Windows 7 x64. I did install some newer Atheros drivers than what ASUS provides, though.

For Wiimotes and extensions or the Pro Controller? Because you don't need the Toshiba stack for most Wiimotes to work.

Walker D

I have a hat
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Are you talking about one of these?
http://wiiudaily.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/wii-u-pro-controllers.jpg
Because those are essentially a Wiimote mixed with a Classic Controller

I know these, but no. Mine is a normal 3rd party Classic Controller Pro (those chinese counterfeit)...
I got a original one yesterday actually, and my fake one is visually the same (wii logo on the front, Nintendo logos on the back and on the connector ...it even has tri-wing screws on the connector ..but the ones on the controller itself are phillips).

As I said, I got a new original one, so having the fake one working is not a immediate necessity for me anymore (my brother still would use the fake one for pc games though). But, after a update, I'll still test and report if the controller works better.

I haven't tried to replicate that "#255" input problem with the official controller yet ..but I will probably do that too.

Edit: Yup ..the official CC Pro also replicates that problem.

KeyPuncher

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
...I haven't tried to replicate that "#255" input problem with the official controller yet ..but I will probably do that too.

Edit: Yup ..the official CC Pro also replicates that problem.

Yeah, the #255 thing will probably be consistent for any 'empty' input across all controllers. Should be an easy fix.

I sent an email a few days ago about beta testing Xinput. Are you still doing that?

If it was on May 29th then yeah. You should have a reply in you mailbox. Check the spam folder maybe?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, @Psionic Roshambo sorry but im not that used to listening to non game music +1