Hacking WiiMC-SMB Share- Error- Please Help.

bigredcape

such a noob, but one day....i'll be not-a-noob.
OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey, guys,
I really need some help and I am not sure who to ask. First, let me say that I have really enjoyed using WiiMC and have been using it and the SMB Share feature for a few months right now. I love it!
Sadly, i went to watch a movie today via stream through the SMB Share feature like I normally do and it’s not working at all. None of my settings have changed, I’ve done nothing differently, and now it’s not working! Ugh! This is so frustrating!
I get the following error:
“Failed to connect to network share.”
I even tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app but it’s still not working.
I would really appreciate any help that would lead to this issue getting resolved. I also tried disconnecting then reconnecting my network drive, creating a new network drive, and everything else I could thing off. I am not sure what else I could do. Perhaps there is something I missed. Please offer tips, advice, suggestions to fix this problem. It's just strange to me that one day it just stops working.
I hope to be able to enjoy WiiMC and all that it has to offer again very soon. feel free to email me:

Thanks guys for all your help
Best Regards,
bigredcape

IAmTheRad

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If you installed Windows Live Essentials 2011 or Games for Windows Live, then it changed the Samba settings and it makes it so that you cannot connect to a share unless you have the latest version of Samba installed on the device trying to connect. It has nothing to do with the Wii application, it's all to do with the Windows computer.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/PYUKEiLGHpQ?si=UosLAHElVkjIKfxN