Homebrew CleanRip asking me to update HBC. Need help plz. :(

SsjKage

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I finally managed to get CleanRip on my USB Stick its a 32gb model. I want to back up all my GameCube games and Wii games to play on Dolphin. But I'm struggling allot. I also want to play Dolphin VR with someome games and play the Hero of Time mod for Skilar for TP GCN. And play Wind Waker with Hiresolution Textures. I am hoping someone can help me figure this stuff out. I am updated to v4.3U and CleanRip is asking me to update the HBC. I'm not sure what to do. Can anyone help me figure this out please? I haven't used Homebrew for awhile. I'm not sure if my Wii can connect to the internet or not and update the HBC automatically or not. I'm at a complete lost. Sorry. All I do is want to do is legally back my games up and play some mods/rom hacks. Finally got CleanRip to work, now I'm getting the errror to update. How do I fix this? I downloaded version 2.1.2 of CleanRip. Thanks! :) Hope someone can help me. I'm slow. Sorry. I had CleanRip on my old Wii YEARS ago. Never had problems at all. :(

SsjKage

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd update my Wii's hack all over.

Use HackMii Installer to update the HBC as a starting point.

Here:
My PC doesn't have a SD Card Reader, Since HB is already installed. Is it possible for me to do it through the USB Stick isntead? Just curious. One of my brothers originally did the Homebrew. Do I have to uninstall HB all together or should I be safe? Thanks! TBH I didn't know you could use HB apps through a USB Stick, etc. Just found out.:)

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Yes u can use a fat32 formatted usb drive, just do the same steps u would but use the usb instead of sd (note u cannot install or launch bootmii or make a nand backup without sd). Usb thumb drives generally aren't as compatible as usb hard drives.

I suggest u use modmii. Run syscheck, then drag and drop your syscheck.csv onto modmii.exe and it will tell you what to do

https://gbatemp.net/threads/posting-a-system-check.300279/

SsjKage

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes u can use a fat32 formatted usb drive, just do the same steps u would but use the usb instead of sd (note u cannot install or launch bootmii or make a nand backup without sd). Usb thumb drives generally aren't as compatible as usb hard drives.

I suggest u use modmii. Run syscheck, then drag and drop your syscheck.csv onto modmii.exe and it will tell you what to do

https://gbatemp.net/threads/posting-a-system-check.300279/

I tried doing that, Still using CleanRip to backup Twilight Princess and other games. All the games are clean. So are the Wii games as well. I tried and tried and tried to rip the games. It says they are ripping. Tried loading them in OG Dolphin. But it the files dont dump all the way. I always get an error last minute. I never had issues with my USB Drive before. It works with other apps as well. What should I do here at this point? Sorry I'm slow and clueless right now. Been doing this all day. Nothing yet. :( Seems like nothing wants to work. Even tried two different versions of CleanRip and nothing, got errors still. And idk how to uninstall Homebrew and Reinstall it, etc. Don't wanna risk bricking. Sorry. And CleanRip is the only way to dump ISO's. Unless someone makes an updated version for 2023/2024. I'm stuck.:(

SsjKage

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can also dump games using usbloader gx and cfg usb loader. They may come in wbfs format but they can be converted to iso using wii backup manager if for some reason u prefer them in that format

Is there a video tutorial on how to do that? Sorry haven't used USBLoader GX Before.

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
And idk how to uninstall Homebrew and Reinstall it
You should not uninstall but update. Just start the HackMii Installer from currently installed Homebrew Channel.
====

Did you try ModMii? It will walk you through the complete process of upgrading the installed softmod. You should do that anyway.

And CleanRip is the only way to dump ISO's.
That might or might not be true. As far as I know USB loaders are going to dump games to WBFS throwing the padding away. Dolphin should be happy with these files too (and they are – depending on actual game size – MUCH smaller).
Full .ISO is needed for burning backup DVDs.

Reactions: jeannotte

SsjKage

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys just an update. I got most of my GameCube games backed up on CleanRip and working 100% Dolphin! :D Now I tried to back up Super Mario Galaxy 2. The game worked, but didn't read disc image, etc. I had to manually combine both ISO's but didn't read the disc properly. Did I mess something up? Otherwise everything worked really well. It looked like the disc image file was missing. But it plays well on the Wii. Thanks. :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: BO1 is good, all 3 modes are good in that game +1