Hacking WiiKey Update 1.9 Not Working - Unable to Read Disc

isthisyournacho

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey all,

I tried to search for people having this problem through this forum and others but I can't seem to find people who are experiencing the same issue.

I modded my Wii with the Wiikey and have played burned games without issue - that is until Super Smash Brothers Brawl (SSBB) came out. I attempted to upgrade my Wii using the 1.9s, but it goes to a black screen saying it can't read the disc and it must be ejected. Sorry I don't have the exact wording as I am writing this from work.

I have tried putting the disc in with the Wii turned on and loading it as a GameCube game, and I have tried turning the Wii on with the update disc already in there. I have tried multiple DVD+R's and I also tried the 1.9b update first. In all cases, I am trying the US version.

Does anyone have any ideas? As it is I have owned SSBB for a hot minute but I have been unable to enjoy
frown.gif

blu9987

Trophies
Website
www.clan-geno.net
XP
Country
United States
Well I occasionally get that message while loading games and what-not. One thing I might suggest is try a DVD-R rather than a +R. Also ensure that its a good brand.

If all else fails
1. Check your installation, seems your Gamecube function may not be working properly?
2. You can install a switch on to the wiikey so that you can disable it and play SSBB, then enable it after. Theres a tutorial floating around here somewhere....

isthisyournacho

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
blu9987 said:
Well I occasionally get that message while loading games and what-not. One thing I might suggest is try a DVD-R rather than a +R. Also ensure that its a good brand.

If all else fails
1. Check your installation, seems your Gamecube function may not be working properly?
2. You can install a switch on to the wiikey so that you can disable it and play SSBB, then enable it after. Theres a tutorial floating around here somewhere....

Thanks, I will try the DVD-R and let you guys know if that worked.

isthisyournacho

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Using a DVD-R did not work, though it doesn't give me the black screen anymore, it just tells me its unable to read the disk. I used a good brand so I don't believe it could be that.

You'd mentioned checking my GameCube functionality? I am not sure how to do that. Also I haven't checked the solder points yet as I don't have a soldering gun (twas done by my friend.)

Any other ideas?

hendu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Probably a bad burn, some burners have trouble with those small wiikey iso's. Try burning it on someone else's comp. with a different brand burner.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill